Hardware keys don't boot to Recovery

Search This thread

horse178

Aug 15, 2016
Hi I am new to this forum though have been scouring information for a while, I have finally run into a problem where I could do with some help:
I have just unlocked the bootloader using HTCdev, all is fine. I downloaded twrp 2.8.5 from the official website and followed the instructions. The problem I face is that the hardware combo doesn't boot into recovery and so I appear unable to boot to twrp. All the buttons work fine.
I tried fastboot reboot bootloader and that also didn't allow me into twrp.
The phone is locked to vodafone uk and their splash screen comes up before HTC probably when I should end up in recovery.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Nevermind I have sorted it. Had to enter the menu item recovery

Last edited:
G

GuestK00204

Hi I am new to this forum though have been scouring information for a while, I have finally run into a problem where I could do with some help:
I have just unlocked the bootloader using HTCdev, all is fine. I downloaded twrp 2.8.5 from the official website and followed the instructions. The problem I face is that the hardware combo doesn't boot into recovery and so I appear unable to boot to twrp. All the buttons work fine.
I tried fastboot reboot bootloader and that also didn't allow me into twrp.
The phone is locked to vodafone uk and their splash screen comes up before HTC probably when I should end up in recovery.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Nevermind I have sorted it. Had to enter the menu item recovery
you can try the key or from ADB:
adb reboot recovery