[Rom][H2OS][6.0.1] Phoenix Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rahul9871

Jul 29, 2013
pune
The new OTA is also not working for me. Dialer and contacts giving me FCs even I can't open Facebook also

Last edited:

MilkyJoePD

Oct 30, 2011
I'm not using this ROM but the other one, and found something interesting I've never noticed before. If you're in an app that you can zoom in/out, and you press and hold one of the navigation keys then swipe up and down on the screen it will zoom in/out. Also, if you press and hold one of the keys while at the bottom of a scrollable list then swipe up or down it will send you to the top. I don't know what this is specific to (Marshmallow, Android, the ROM I'm using, H2OS the OP2 or whatever), or even if it's common knowledge I've missed, but thought I would I would share anyway. Since this is the closest to what ROM I'm using and the phone I've got, this is where I thought to post.
The scrollable list thing works in apps like XDA Labs and YouTube, so if you've read a long thread on a video and want to get back to the top, no more frantic scrolling.

Last edited:

neelsolanki

Jun 16, 2014
palanpur
OnePlus 10 Pro
I'm not using this ROM but the other one, and found something interesting I've never noticed before. If you're in an app that you can zoom in/out, and you press and hold one of the navigation keys then swipe up and down on the screen it will zoom in/out. Also, if you press and hold one of the keys while at the bottom of a scrollable list then swipe up or down it will send you to the top. I don't know what this is specific to (Marshmallow, Android, the ROM I'm using, H2OS the OP2 or whatever), or even if it's common knowledge I've missed, but thought I would I would share anyway. Since this is the closest to what ROM I'm using and the phone I've got, this is where I thought to post.
The scrollable list thing works in apps like XDA Labs and YouTube, so if you've read a long thread on a video and want to get back to the top, no more frantic scrolling.
One more request to devloper plz make system ui as adptable like h2os when changing wallpaper... I personlly dont like pink sir... Just a request hope u read my post ..hope so

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

One more request to devloper plz make system ui as adptable like h2os when changing wallpaper... I personlly dont like pink sir... Just a request hope u read my post ..hope so
Edit: sorry for tag u.. Mistake

deletescape

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2015
Lucerne
deletescape.ch
You need to go through every Ota since every Ota has different fixes. And the Ota are really small hardly 5-20 mb leaving the final one

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
nope this is not the way it goes! I included the previous otas in 0.6.4 too, to make it easier to flash!

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Edit: sorry for tag u.. Mistake
Yeah the theming will be much more adbtable im the next major version coming! It will have many big requested changes!
Edit: If you really want to be sure I get something you want to tell me just hit me up on telegram! (You can join https://telegram.me/Phoenix_Rom to find me)

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Although this does not really belong here it is interesting! The scrolling thing actually works! (It seems to be kinda laggy for me but well...)

MilkyJoePD

Oct 30, 2011
Although this does not really belong here it is interesting! The scrolling thing actually works! (It seems to be kinda laggy for me but well...)

Yeah, sorry. But as you're aware the other thread is no more and I didn't think it warranted a new thread. I don't get any lag doing it, but I've realised it doesn't send you to the top, just scrolls a fair bit. You can hold and tap the top or bottom of the screen for some kind of page up/down thing but I don't really see the point in that as much. And the zoom one, it's easier to just do the double-tap & swipe zoom. All pretty strange really.

C.H.T.J.

Apr 30, 2014
Rom is great but Xposed does not work for me. Getting a lot of fc cant do anything. Woukd love to flash this but not without Xposed. Any way to gwt Xposed working.

Last edited:

Dmon

Jan 31, 2006
Umeå
Fixed my camera reflashing persist.img and now everything is working great! Really smooth, battery seems good and the fingerprint reader is so much faster and more responisive. Also got better voice quality with my BT headset which was the main reason for trying other ROMs.

The only thing I hade bugging me was the language. I installed Swiftkey but still when writing e.g. a text message all words were underlined since they were not in English. I wanted to add a Swedish dictionary and googled a solution. I found an app called MoreLangs (requires root of course) and not only did it add the dictionary, now all menus, Google Now cards etc except for the H2O menus are in Swedish. So this is a tip for all the non-English users here and perhaps for the devs depending on future plans with the ROM.
Ps. There is another app called MoreLocale2 but that hasn't been updated since 2014.

paeddi

Jul 5, 2012
Dahoam
Google Pixel 6
Hi all, the rom looks really promising. I'm using it for a day now.
I often have a problem that the google search doesn‘t work correctly. The result page only shows the search line and a completely black screen. Maybe it's a problem with the changed screen resolution? It looks like Phoenix has a higher dpi setting than default.
A second problem is that the default keyboard (swiftkey) is lost an the android keyboard is used. That happens always after deleting the recent apps.

deletescape

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2015
Lucerne
deletescape.ch
Hi all, the rom looks really promising. I'm using it for a day now.
I often have a problem that the google search doesn‘t work correctly. The result page only shows the search line and a completely black screen. Maybe it's a problem with the changed screen resolution? It looks like Phoenix has a higher dpi setting than default.
A second problem is that the default keyboard (swiftkey) is lost an the android keyboard is used. That happens always after deleting the recent apps.
Try to clean dalvik and cache someone else hat that problem too earlier

paeddi

Jul 5, 2012
Dahoam
Google Pixel 6
Try to clean dalvik and cache someone else hat that problem too earlier

Thanks for your quick response.
I did clean the caches. But after a while the problem came back. I just uninstalled xposed. After that I whiped the caches again.
Right now it is working. But I would like to use xposed...
I will make some tests and report later.

mohamm3edadam

Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for your quick response.
I did clean the caches. But after a while the problem came back. I just uninstalled xposed. After that I whiped the caches again.
Right now it is working. But I would like to use xposed...
I will make some tests and report later.
That's because of the dpi
Read FAQ in op :)

Reactions: paeddi

paeddi

Jul 5, 2012
Dahoam
Google Pixel 6
That's because of the dpi
Read FAQ in op :)

Well, I did read the FAQ. But I didn't get an fc or any app that said it's not compatible.
It works for some time. And suddenly it stops working. So google search is not incompatible in general.
Any idea why after wiping the cache manually only 17 apps are optimized but after uninstalling/installing xposed 122 apps are optimized?
I will do some more testing...

mohamm3edadam

Jul 19, 2014
Well, I did read the FAQ. But I didn't get an fc or any app that said it's not compatible.
It works for some time. And suddenly it stops working. So google search is not incompatible in general.
Any idea why after wiping the cache manually only 17 apps are optimized but after uninstalling/installing xposed 122 apps are optimized?
I will do some more testing...
I used to have the same issue. Clearing cache and date would make it normal again but it would reappear after sometime. Just change the default dpi to 480 and you'll never have it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    06dd185b7b84bd32def670dbd0f70c61.jpg

This rom belongs to @deletescape. I'm just helping him maintain it. I'll try and convey all your messages to him.

I'm proud to present you a ROM that I built together with alexis.bosman (he's not on xda but you can go to the OnePlus Forum to thank him too)

The ROM itself is named Phoenix and is based on the HydrogenOS leaked 6.0.1 Beta. We are trying to make it as clean as possible by removing all kinds of unnecessary files. We made some changes in the build.prop to make the ROM run blazing fast without compromising thebattery life.

So in short, what makes this ROM so special?

>> Stable 6.0.1 with all fully working sensors and FPS and LAF
    >> Blazing fast (build.prop tweaks)
    >> Highly debloated (1.12GB to 690MB)
    >> Gapps preinstalled
    >> SuperSU preinstalled
    >> Busybox preinstalled
    >> HTC Sense apps (coming soon)
    >> Flashaholic approved

Because we can always do better we also have some future projects:

>> Add a custom boot animation which will be ready soon!
    >> Tweak the UI to make it more AOSP-ish
    >> Remove the google search bar from 'recent apps' menu
    >> Make our own settings app to personalize the UI even more
    >> Add more languages
    >> If you have any further ideas, we're listening!

==================== First time installation instructions ====================

1. Boot to TWRP and wipe /data /system /cache /dalvik (FULL WIPE)
    2. Flash the 'Patch' zip file (will install the new bootloader, firmware, radio and TWRP 3.0 and will then reboot to the new recovery)
    3. Flash the ROM zip file
    4. Wipe cache & dalvik
    5. Flash viper4android if you wish
    6. Reboot system & Enjoy!
    NOTE: after boot go to settings>accounts and it will ask for your google account

========================= Update instructions =========================

1. Boot to TWRP and wipe /system /cache /dalvik
    2. Flash the ROM zip file
    3. Wipe cache & dalvik
    5. Flash viper4android if you wish
    6. Reboot system & Enjoy!

================= Go back to another 6.0.1 or 5.1.1 ROM ==================

1. Boot to TWRP and wipe /data /system /cache /dalvik (FULL WIPE)
    2. Flash the revert 6.0.1 or 5.1.1 zip file (depending on what version you want to go to)
    3. Done - rest is up to you

Here are the mirrors for all the files...​

Right now you can only get the files here: telegram.me/Phoenix_Rom links will be added tomorrow

V0. 6b

Media fire : http://www.mediafire.com/?21fhcxh664wmydf
    Code:
    * Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead fingerprint scanners or thermonuclear war. * YOU are choosing to make these modifications. * And if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    PATCH: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/w3crdfkk8gpbq/rom

Alternative link : v0. 6b
    GDrive Mirror: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5hJMVJJH3x1d2NTZmxWaFJ1ZVk&usp=sharing

One drive : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=280060286B02E28A!3036&authkey=!ALFHyejagppPYLc&ithint=file,zip

Credits:
    Base Updater Script: @Kstarz
    Bootanimation: @SoundOff
    No offence but this ROM is a joke. First they copy everything, then they have too much pressure to continue and all that drama by closing XDA thread .. Just close this project if you can't deal with it and stop whining for god sake.
    1. @Darth already told that such messages should stop
    2. the only thing we copied was a part of the updater-script and we give credit for it now (we forgot in the beginning and we know this is true)
    3. Please tell me how you would make a rom alone and with almost no time?
    4. I am not whining and I never did... I am just mature enough to know when it gets to much...

#reserved

Thread cleaned again and I don't want to be returning for more of the same. Knock it off.

This is your warning.