FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Email Reply from Oneplus about Nougat!

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By Shipmate, Member on 30th May 2017, 09:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have had a Oneplus Two for noticeably less than two years and the email below isn't at all good.
Sadly when Helen (Oneplus) clearly stated in June/July 2016 that we would get Nougat it's clear it's not happening according to the email I received below.
Support is obviously for less than two years unlike many other manufacturers. It doesn't instill confidence in Oneplus.
Email reply below:

Alex

30th May 2017, 09:04 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Stockport

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipmate

I have had a Oneplus Two for noticeably less than two years and the email below isn't at all good.
Sadly when Helen (Oneplus) clearly stated in June/July 2016 that we would get Nougat it's clear it's not happening according to the email I received below.
Support is obviously for less than two years unlike many other manufacturers. It doesn't instill confidence in Oneplus.
Email reply below:

Alex

Alex
30th May 2017, 09:08 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Stockport

More

Alex
30th May 2017, 09:11 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Stockport

More
Alex
30th May 2017, 09:11 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Stockport

More
Unable to show email.
30th May 2017, 09:24 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Stockport

More
Alex (OnePlus)

May 29, 20:32 CST

Hi Steven,

A pleasant day to you!

Thank you for reaching OnePlus Customer support.
This is Alex from OnePlus. we greatly , appreciate.
Your time and effort in reaching out to us. Your concern is of utmost importance and I will be helping you out with your ticket. As much as we would like to give the latest update on the OnePlus 2, we've discontinued updates for dated devices.
But we will continue to support the limited warranty for current users and provide updates and support the best way we can even for OnePlus 2 users.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards
Alex
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shipmate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shipmate Ad-Free
31st May 2017, 02:37 PM |#7  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 51

More
It is a shame. it was to be expected, but it still sucks. This is the only reason why I am doubting if I should buy a Oneplus 5 next month. I am really curious to see what will happen with the support for the 3 and 3T.
31st May 2017, 02:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Oneplus will forgive they had OP3/3T

Enviado desde mi ONE A2003 mediante Tapatalk
31st May 2017, 04:05 PM |#9  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 1,690

Donate to Me
More
Let's take all the community's forces to keep OnePlus 2 up to date.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xdvs23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdvs23 Ad-Free
31st May 2017, 09:31 PM |#10  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 0

More
And then to find out that they are going to be giving the 3T Android O....how nice of them...
2nd June 2017, 09:20 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
With such strong community support, I still don't get the big deal with no official builds. Half the point of getting a oneplus is the community builds.

I have to assume that if you are on XDA, you know how to get a nougat update easy peasy.... Is it just that you can't be bothered to find a rom which is daily driver stable?
The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTomorrow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TimeTomorrow Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)