New TWRP Recovery 3.2.0.0

Search This thread

acwcanada

Mar 19, 2016
Google Pixel 8
I am running LineageOS 15.0 and with TWRP Recovery 3.2.0.0, I did a full system backup with the new updated recovery a couple days ago and the backup finished without any error. It's weekend, I think I have a little time to play around, so today I tested to run a full system restore with my backup but the TWRP Recovery restore process just failed (keep on running without progress and didn't give any error message). Eventually, I have to fastboot and flash back old TWRP Recovery 3.1.1.0, with this old recovery, the restore process went by smoothly, so I concluded that there is nothing wrong with my previous backup but rather a problem of the new TWRP Recovery 3.2.0.0 or the new recovery conflicts with Oreo. So if you are running TWRP Recovery 3.2.0.0, i think you would better double check to confirm your full system backup is good to go.

AndroMani

Dec 10, 2017
Restoring backups from TWRP 3.1.0.0 fails with the new TWRP 3.2.0.0

I faced a similar issue today. After I updated my recovery to the latest TWRP 3.2.0.0, I tried to restore my stock rom
that was backed up using the previous version of TWRP 3.1.0.0. However, the restore was not successful. The screen
was stuck after the initial message of partition update and MTP enabled. Then, nothing happened. Even after waiting for close to 10 minutes, there was no progress. So, I guessed there was some issue. I powered off the phone and the used the short-cut keys to boot into the boot loader mode to boot my phone normally. I tried one more time and it failed.

Then, I had to flash to the old TWRP recovery 3.1.0.0 and tried the restore. It went of smoothly without any issues.

So, obviously there is an issue with the latest version of TWRP recovery 3.2.0.0 that fails to restore ROM backups created using the earlier version. I hope this issue goes to the notice of TWRP developers and they provide a fix soon.

P.S. I have also taken a nandroid backup of my phone with the new TWRP 3.2.0.0 which took unusually long time to complete, but finally it showed successful and I am yet to try using it for a restore. At this point, I am not sure if it will work alright. Fingers crossed.

AndroMani

Dec 10, 2017
As the issue is present for everyone, developers at TWRP should provide a quick fix patch or recall this version and release the next stable version with the fix. Also, make a mention of this issue at their download location and provide possible workarounds for the time being.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

As the issue is present for everyone, developers at TWRP should provide a quick fix patch or recall this version and release the next stable version with the fix. Also, make a mention of this issue at their download location and provide possible workarounds for the time being.