OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,300

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Nakamura

Well, thanks...
Thats an explanation as this wrong value issue is persistent for me since day 1, it's indeed irritating to have no proper values displayed and I personally never thought of magisk as a culprit, especially as Magisk evolved to the new standard root method / manager...
So is your point of reference superSU?

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using XDA Labs

I always strongly recommend SuperSu.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th April 2017, 07:33 PM |#502  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rainbowtown
Thanks Meter: 4,010

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I always strongly recommend SuperSu.

OK, thanks for this info, that might explain the quirks some of us experience..

17th April 2017, 08:33 PM |#503  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,300

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK, thanks for this info, that might explain the quirks some of us experience..

Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2017, 03:25 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is the kernel working fine on my device?

What does sleeping mean? Idle or Offline?

Im aware that the big cores are being shutdown to prevent overheating, hence i also tested it after my device had some time to cool down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170419-155028.png
Views:	388
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	4118160  
19th April 2017, 05:28 PM |#505  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rainbowtown

Donate to Me
More
I have questions to users of the paid kernel manager app in combination with magisk (su) manager, I pretty often recognize randomly changed settings, besides the color control issue, where it give wrong outputs on applied values, after changing values there it switches back to stock values but the changes get actually applied (I already reported this glitch and posted a video here), but furthermore inside the battery life lab I regularly see that applied settings are gone after restart or after unplugging from charger, so screen brightness is back to stock, gpu & cpu tabs are back to stock too I observe that on a regular basis, I actually got already used to check this settings after each and every restart or charging unplug, convenience suffers alot with this circumstances..
As said, it's been reported several times but @franciscofranco could confirm that from his side so I ultimately thought it's a issue with the rom I use (RR unofficial) till I coincidentally got aware of a significant difference in the setups, franco uses superSU and I use (for su hide and the convince of modules) magisk in it's most up to date stable form, unfortunately there seems to be a compatability issue with magisk and FK manager application, so I wonder if some of you using the combination magisk manager and the (paid) FK manager can confirm the quirks I experience on a daily basis...
Feedback is welcome

19th April 2017, 06:19 PM |#506  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

You can do whatever, Kernel is open source but don't call it FK because it won't be FK.

Can it also be built for oxygen os 3?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
19th April 2017, 06:31 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 607

More
Quote:

I have questions to users of the paid kernel manager app in combination with magisk (su) manager, I pretty often recognize randomly changed settings, besides the color control issue, where it give wrong outputs on applied values, after changing values there it switches back to stock values but the changes get actually applied (I already reported this glitch and posted a video here), but furthermore inside the battery life lab I regularly see that applied settings are gone after restart or after unplugging from charger, so screen brightness is back to stock, gpu & cpu tabs are back to stock too I observe that on a regular basis, I actually got already used to check this settings after each and every restart or charging unplug, convenience suffers alot with this circumstances..
As said, it's been reported several times but @franciscofranco could confirm that from his side so I ultimately thought it's a issue with the rom I use (RR unofficial) till I coincidentally got aware of a significant difference in the setups, franco uses superSU and I use (for su hide and the convince of modules) magisk in it's most up to date stable form, unfortunately there seems to be a compatability issue with magisk and FK manager application, so I wonder if some of you using the combination magisk manager and the (paid) FK manager can confirm the quirks I experience on a daily basis...
Feedback is welcome

Same here Sam. I can live with these quirks but can't without Magisk so easy decision for me...
The Following User Says Thank You to CounterC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CounterC Ad-Free
19th April 2017, 07:16 PM |#508  
Flag Al-√Āndalus
Thanks Meter: 8,066

More
Quote:

I have questions to users of the paid kernel manager app in combination with magisk (su) manager, I pretty often recognize randomly changed settings,

besides the color control issue, where it give wrong outputs on applied values, after changing values there it switches back to stock values but the changes get actually applied (I already reported this glitch and posted a video here), but furthermore inside the battery life lab I regularly see that applied settings are gone after restart or after unplugging from charger, so screen brightness is back to stock, gpu & cpu tabs are back to stock too I observe that on a regular basis, I actually got already used to check this settings after each and every restart or charging unplug, convenience suffers alot with this circumstances..
As said, it's been reported several times but @franciscofranco could confirm that from his side so I ultimately thought it's a issue with the rom I use (RR unofficial) till I coincidentally got aware of a significant difference in the setups, franco uses superSU and I use (for su hide and the convince of modules) magisk in it's most up to date stable form, unfortunately there seems to be a compatability issue with magisk and FK manager application,
so I wonder if some of you using the combination magisk manager and the (paid) FK manager can confirm the quirks I experience on a daily basis...
Feedback is welcome

i'm using the same combo like you but my settings stick. i recommend to make a profile for display settings and tell that to be applied on boot. this simulates a new setup at boot and it works.

EDIT: of course i dunno your magisk setup, i for one do not hide root, so there may be a multitude of combos that work and others don't, you'll have to play with magisk a bit probably and i use another theme "swift black, same like nice_sony" ( not related here but just mentioning as for boot issues )

good luck
19th April 2017, 07:31 PM |#509  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rainbowtown

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamentis

i'm using the same combo like you but my settings stick. i recommend to make a profile for display settings and tell that to be applied on boot. this simulates a new setup at boot and it works.

EDIT: of course i dunno your magisk setup, i for one do not hide root, so there may be a multitude of combos that work and others don't, you'll have to play with magisk a bit probably and i use another theme "swift black, same like nice_sony" ( not related here but just mentioning as for boot issues )

good luck

Thanks (again), yeah I use hide (of course ) might be a culprit.. But does FK also show the correct values you have applied? I use a profile too which gets successfully applied but values won't show up..
OT: boot issue are finally solved and had nothing to do with the usual suspect (themes), I use swift dark for all my Google Apps & whatsapp, didn't know about him using the black variant, always thought he prefers De Jan's mono/art but no matter what, it's solved and you certainly already know about it..

20th April 2017, 03:02 AM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:

Thanks (again), yeah I use hide (of course ) might be a culprit.. But does FK also show the correct values you have applied? I use a profile too which gets successfully applied but values won't show up..
OT: boot issue are finally solved and had nothing to do with the usual suspect (themes), I use swift dark for all my Google Apps & whatsapp, didn't know about him using the black variant, always thought he prefers De Jan's mono/art but no matter what, it's solved and you certainly already know about it..

I use magisk n it's same as u described ... While display settings get applied on boot due to saved profile., But values don't show on FKU app.
And battery labs changes go default after reboot.
Edit: I don't use hide.
The Following User Says Thank You to hurrykaneftw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hurrykaneftw Ad-Free
20th April 2017, 03:24 AM |#511  
Flag Cap-Haitian
Thanks Meter: 2,909

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parasthakur37

Can it also be built for oxygen os 3?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

No.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)