[Theme][RRO][Layers] Simple Blue Layers theme for Oxygen OS2 [18/01/16]

Search This thread

DroneDoom

Nov 8, 2013
Hard to track this one down - try the updated version from post #1 and see if the issue is resolved.

Sent from my OnePlus 2
Keypad numbers are white now:
uploadfromtaptalk1443978093405.png

Now dialer force closes when I close and reopen dialer during a call.

DroneDoom

Nov 8, 2013
What steps are needed to replicate the issue and get to that dodgy menu?

I fixed it earlier but broke the in-call dialer again!

Sent from my OnePlus 2
Basically you open dialer and make a call. Then minimize the ongoing call by pressing home and then open up that dialer again. That menu will appear and ask for the three options from the screenshot I posted.

Reactions: Spannaa

Pumpino

Beautiful theme. It's great to have, given that the accents can only be applied to the dark theme on the OPT (why is that?!).

Would you consider adding the option to modify the main colour? I'd prefer a slightly darker (indigo?) blue. I'm not sure if that's easy for you to do though.

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Beautiful theme. It's great to have, given that the accents can only be applied to the dark theme on the OPT (why is that?!).

Would you consider adding the option to modify the main colour? I'd prefer a slightly darker (indigo?) blue. I'm not sure if that's easy for you to do though.
Thanks.

It's not difficult to change the colour, it's just time consuming - every png & xml in every overlay would need editing.

Sent from my OnePlus 2

Reactions: scoobyjenkins

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Basically you open dialer and make a call. Then minimize the ongoing call by pressing home and then open up that dialer again. That menu will appear and ask for the three options from the screenshot I posted.

@DroneDoom - I've sorted it now, it was a pain to find a workaround as the text in the menu uses the same colour from colors.xml as the dialpad numbers.

Download link updated in post #1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-07-15-22-48.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-15-22-48.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Screenshot_2015-10-07-15-57-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-07-15-57-08.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 237

DroneDoom

Nov 8, 2013
@DroneDoom - I've sorted it now, it was a pain to find a workaround as the text in the menu uses the same colour from colors.xml as the dialpad numbers.

Download link updated in post #1

Nice! :good:

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Will keep you posted if I find anything else unnatural that's part of the theme.

mysterio619

Aug 27, 2011
Bangalore

Like this?
@spanna thank you for this beautiful theme
..my opt is not so boring now

3a59f3f740b0739599a0918da44bc82a.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oxygen OS2 supports Layers but a lot of the themes available have incompatible overlays or have Oxygen OS2 icons missing. I made this Simple Blue theme specifically for Oxygen OS2 on the OnePlus 2 to replace a lot of the stock, cyan coloured icons, pngs and text with blue versions. It works in both default and dark modes and in dark mode, the accent colour can still be applied to settings and file manager etc.

It is packaged as a Layers Manager plug-in apk which is installed like a normal apk ('Unknown sources' must be enabled in Settings > Security). You can then use the Layers Manager app to install the individual overlays. You can also select Thin or Stock blue icons for Framework, SystemUI & Settings by selecting their style-specific overlays and choosing Stock or Thin at the prompt.

A custom recovery (TWRP) and root (SuperSU) are required to use Layers Manager and this theme.

General Overlays:
    - Calculator
    - Cell Broadcast Receiver
    - AOSP Email
    - Contacts
    - Dialer
    - DocumentsUI
    - Framework
    - GMail
    - Google Keyboard
    - Google Plus
    - Hangouts
    - Inbox
    - Keep
    - Layers Manager
    - Messenger
    - Phone
    - Play Music
    - Play Store
    - Settings (chioce of one or two columns)
    - SuperSU
    - SystemUI
    - YouTube

Style Specific Overlays:
    Stock, Solid or Thin icon overlays for:
    - Settings
    - SystemUI
    - Framework

Screenshots:
    Hg0bG2R.png
    yizKrgM.png
    wWJxPHL.png
    DFLbLo3.png
    3S5RQXm.png
    tD2TK5t.png
    H2KgFQ7.png
    C5H3jkN.png
    9ihVeaS.png
    MRmnJ1E.png
    30krskL.png
    Tci75Ld.png

Downloads:

Oxygen OS2: Simple Blue RRO Layers theme apk (Updated 18/01/2016)
    Hydrogen OS MM Beta: SimpleBlue Layers Theme apk (Updated 24/02/2016)

IMPORTANT: If you're upgrading from a previous version (v1.2.2 or below), uninstall all SimpleBlue Overlays via Layers Manager before installing new Overlays as the plug-in has been completely rewritten and some Overlays have been re-named.

Issues:
    Although this theme has been tested extensively, if it's combined with overlays from other layers themes, you may get bootloops caused by a bad or incompatible layer. If you do:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Mount system
    3. Go to Advanced
    4. Go to file manager
    5. Go to /system/vendor/overlay/ and remove the bad overlay apk
    6. Reboot

Credits:
    @Zyxxeil for the heads-up that layers are supported on Oxygen OS2 with root.
    @sykopompos & BitSyko Development for the Layers Manager app and the layers plugin overlay tutorial.
    Update
    • Added solid icons style specific overlay
    • Updated Dialer overlay
    • Updated GMail overlay
    • Updated Google Plus overlay
    • Updated Hangouts overlay
    • Updated Play Music overlay
    • Updated Play Store overlay
    • Updated YouTube overlay
    Link updated in post #1
    Update

Updated Framework Overlay
    Added Gradient QS & notifications to SystemUI Overlay

New screenshots & download link in post #1
    Since H2OS Marshmallow also supports RRO Layers themes, I've re-written this theme so that it works on the beta release.
    It should also work on any roms based on it.

Download: SimpleBlue_Layers_Theme.apk
    NeatRomer here :)

Good Work my friend ;)