FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] Coconut-Kernel (OOS-Oreo(5.x.x) - Upstreamed+Nethunter Support)

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By fredrickz, Member on 20th February 2019, 03:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Coconut Kernel
Just a fancy name. Don't bother...

Code:
***I'm not responsible for any problems that might occur flashing this kernel or what you do with the kernel support***
This kernel is only for stock Oxygen OS Oreo 5.x.x or any rom that supports stock kernel

This kernel was made for my own use as i could not find any working kernel with USB Wifi Adapter drivers supporting packet injection and monitor mode or simply Nethunter support.
I've been using ZaneZam's kernel for my nougat OOS. Since the Oreo version wasn't working for whatever reason, i tried to compile one my own.
My sole intention was to create a kernel with USB Wifi drivers and monitor mode/packet injection working. So this kernel doesn't have all those tweaks/options like other great kernels.
People who want upstreamed kernel with nethunter, drivedroid, android auto and stock features working can use this kernel on OOS Oreo.

Kernel has been upstreamed to 3.18.134(current)

Whats working?
- Stock features
- DriveDroid(CDROM Patch)
- USB Wifi adapters with monitor mode/packet injection
- AndroidAuto

Tested Working Wifi Adapters
1. TP Link WN-722N v1 (ath9271 chipset) - all ath9271 chipset should work
2. Alfa card AWUS036NHA (Atheros ath9271 Chipset)
3. Alfa card AWUS036NH (Ralink RT3070 Chipset)

Untested adapters
All adapters on nethunter support page have been added but not tested.

Installation
Download from attachment and flash the kernel zip file from recovery.
It is recommended to flash stock boot.img before flashing the zip.

Using USB Wifi Adapters
1. Reboot the device after flashing the zip
2. Goto Settings-->Advanced and turn on OTG Storage
3. Plugin your USB Wifi card and type ifconfig wlan1 up to test.
Keep in mind that OTG Storage turns off automatically after 10 mins on idle.
You don't need to insmod any modules as all drivers are built inline with the kernel.

Credits
Google
@ZaneZam for his support
Anykernel author
My friend @OscarAkaElvis (author of the great airgeddon tool to audit wireless networks), who tested the beta versions for me.
@nathanchance for his kernel compile and upstream guide
@flar2 for his source that i used to learn compiling at first
All others whose commits i've used

Source
https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/androi...neplus_msm8996
https://github.com/android-linux-stable/op3

Additional Note - I would like to mention that you can use tools like LinuxDeploy or other chroot supporting apps and the wifi adapters will work fine just like nethunter.
If you guys prefer ZaneZam's version, you can flash my kernel and then flash his kernel for oreo. Then everything will work on his kernel too. There is a small fix needed which will be applied on flashing my kernel.
Attached Files
File Type: zip coconut_anykernel.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.45 MB, 238 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to fredrickz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredrickz Ad-Free

20th February 2019, 06:48 AM |#2  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi, I worked as beta tester for this kernel compilation and I must say is the best kernel ever for Oneplus3 I tried (in my opinion). All the standard functions are working flawlessly (wifi, camera, flashlight, etc...). No errors, no glitches. Gestures are working in order to enable camera or flashlight.

I tested the kernel also using Kali Nethunter, it works like a charm. I also installed a Linux using Linux Deploy app on which everything also was working fine.

Android Auto is fully working. Tested plugging it into real car (not emulators). Drive Droid is also working allowing to mount the drives without any problem. This is a feature that many custom kernels are not bearing in mind but for some people is an important stuff to be working. I use it every day.

And regarding the external usb cards. Yes, I tested it using a OTG (On-The-Go) cable. I can confirm that these two chipsets are working. In my case it was not a TP-Link card for Atheros chipset. I tested it using AWUS036NHA (Atheros ath9271 Chipset) Alfa wireless card and it worked very well supporting monitor mode, etc. I also tested it with another Alfa card AWUS036NH (Ralink RT3070 Chipset) and it worked fine too.

So congratz to de creator. This last month was a hard work. Good job. All the Oneplus3 users (like me) will be very grateful to you because of this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OscarAkaElvis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OscarAkaElvis Ad-Free
20th February 2019, 04:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Bro can you compile kernel for los based custom roms pie and oreo plz with nethunter support?,
20th February 2019, 04:45 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanroy

Bro can you compile kernel for los based custom roms pie and oreo plz with nethunter support?,

I think ZaneZam has already done that. He builds for stock and lineage os. Did you check?
The Following User Says Thank You to fredrickz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredrickz Ad-Free
21st February 2019, 03:04 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

I thought there was a version already available for LOS oreo.
Since i was wrong, i compiled one. You can find it in the following thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-oreo-t3902479
Pie version - maybe later
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredrickz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredrickz Ad-Free
22nd February 2019, 09:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrickz

I thought there was a version already available for LOS oreo.
Since i was wrong, i compiled one. You can find it in the following thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-oreo-t3902479
Pie version - maybe later

Thanks alot bro, will be waiting for your pie version
22nd February 2019, 02:44 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Thanks alot bro, will be waiting for your pie version

Did you check the oreo version? Or are you just waiting for the pie release?
For those who had this working can post here as a feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to fredrickz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredrickz Ad-Free
12th March 2019, 11:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
very nice job! My TP-LINK WN722N is working just fine with nethunter!

Do you think it would be possible to add HID support to this kernel? To be able to execute HID/Bad USB attacks, that would be super cool!
13th March 2019, 09:52 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokyjack

very nice job! My TP-LINK WN722N is working just fine with nethunter!

Do you think it would be possible to add HID support to this kernel? To be able to execute HID/Bad USB attacks, that would be super cool!

I'll add that in the next version
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fredrickz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredrickz Ad-Free
20th March 2019, 10:17 PM |#10  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I can confirm working monitor mode & injection on my Oneplus3 OOS Oreo with TP Link WN-722N v1 (ath9271 chipset). Nice work @fredrickz !
The Following User Says Thank You to Limitscrw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Limitscrw Ad-Free
4th April 2019, 09:43 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitscrw

I can confirm working monitor mode & injection on my Oneplus3 OOS Oreo with TP Link WN-722N v1 (ath9271 chipset). Nice work @fredrickz !

Can you suggest me a guide to install kalinethunter? i'm using magisk as root thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)