FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [May 25] ElementalX 3/3T 4.03 (Oreo)

16,396 posts
Thanks Meter: 80,492

Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2016, 12:37 PM |#1001  
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ones

Is it just me or can no one else get the CPU tunables to stick? They just return to the default values after awhile, and only for the big cluster oddly enough.

It's like that on pretty much all recent devices. There are many things in the system competing to change frequencies. That's why I put a warning in my app.

Why do you want to change then anyway? Just leave them alone or set your max in aroma.

18th August 2016, 12:38 PM |#1002  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitök

hey thanks for the link, are there any profiles for oneplus three ? i can only find profiles for nexus devices

Edit

Why isn't wakegestures working for me

I'm not able to activate it

Do you have SuperSU installed?
18th August 2016, 12:44 PM |#1003  
Flag Pink City
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konskl

@flar2 can you take a look at the stock gpu governor (msm adreno) that's coming by default with your kernel cause it causes the gpu to stay always at 214 gpu frequency.Never goes at 133mhz speed even when I'm not touching the screen. Other than that great work as always!!!

use simple ondemand gpu governor.it goes to 133mhz without any problem

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchiedrama

what should I be changing in the ex kernel manager? readahead is on 256 should it be higher?

anything else? or leave all default?

Too low or too high is not good.
256 seems on lower side.
My self using 512 kb.
18th August 2016, 12:44 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 5,424

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2

Do you have SuperSU installed?

i have the build in superuser from ressurection rom. It has its own supersu
18th August 2016, 01:08 PM |#1005  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitök

i have the build in superuser from ressurection rom. It has its own supersu

You need SuperSU specifically for that app. I can fix it so you don't, but for now you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2016, 01:09 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 5,424

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You need SuperSU specifically for that app. I can fix it so you don't, but for now you do.

ahh thx flashing supersu has fixed that
18th August 2016, 01:13 PM |#1007  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konskl

@flar2 can you take a look at the stock gpu governor (msm adreno) that's coming by default with your kernel cause it causes the gpu to stay always at 214 gpu frequency.Never goes at 133mhz speed even when I'm not touching the screen. Other than that great work as always!!!

Don't worry about that. It is actually suspended most of the time but always reads 214 because that is initial frequency. If you watch the frequency with an app like DecCheck Pro floating monitors, you will see that as soon as the GPU becomes active, the frequency goes to 133.

If you're trying to save battery, leave it. Simple ondemand will be a bit more aggressive. But none of this makes a huge difference to battery life anyway.

Maybe next build I will add some gpu tweaks that me and @tbalden did on the HTC 10.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2016, 01:25 PM |#1008  
Flag Market Rasen
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:

Don't worry about that. It is actually suspended most of the time but always reads 214 because that is initial frequency. If you watch the frequency with an app like DecCheck Pro floating monitors, you will see that as soon as the GPU becomes active, the frequency goes to 133.

If you're trying to save battery, leave it. Simple ondemand will be a bit more aggressive. But none of this makes a huge difference to battery life anyway.

Maybe next build I will add some gpu tweaks that me and @tbalden did on the HTC 10.

What is your personal recommendation for readahead? I did ask above maybe you missed it, or maybe its a stupid question :P

And should wee be changing any other kernel settings? (I bought your EX Kernel Manager) - Battery life is main concern, to have it as good as possible but no reduced performance. (If that is even a thing)
18th August 2016, 01:30 PM |#1009  
Quote:

What is your personal recommendation for readahead? I did ask above maybe you missed it, or maybe its a stupid question :P

And should wee be changing any other kernel settings? (I bought your EX Kernel Manager) - Battery life is main concern, to have it as good as possible but no reduced performance. (If that is even a thing)

Readahead anywhere between 128 and 512

For other battery tweaking, I suggest reading up on interactive battery tweaks. I've linked the thread a few times here.

The ability to save and load governor profiles, and use the Battery Monitor CPU Times for measurement, are the main tools you need in EXKM for battery tweaking.

Backlight dimmer is also a good battery saving tweak.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2016, 02:15 PM |#1010  
Flag Market Rasen
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:

Readahead anywhere between 128 and 512

For other battery tweaking, I suggest reading up on interactive battery tweaks. I've linked the thread a few times here.

The ability to save and load governor profiles, and use the Battery Monitor CPU Times for measurement, are the main tools you need in EXKM for battery tweaking.

Backlight dimmer is also a good battery saving tweak.

Thanks, I'll leave it at 256 then, or whatever it's on.

I've done a search for 'interactive battery tweaks' I can't find any link, if you get a few moments could you re-link?

Thank you.

Edit: I turned on Backlight Dimmer but notice no difference to anything? I tried searching the thread for an explanation of that too, and can't find anything, lol.

Edit2: Ok, I see it just allows you to lower screen brightness further.
18th August 2016, 02:41 PM |#1011  
Quote:

Thanks, I'll leave it at 256 then, or whatever it's on.

I've done a search for 'interactive battery tweaks' I can't find any link, if you get a few moments could you re-link?

Thank you.

Edit: I turned on Backlight Dimmer but notice no difference to anything? I tried searching the thread for an explanation of that too, and can't find anything, lol.

Edit2: Ok, I see it just allows you to lower screen brightness further.

The brightness will be the same in bright light, but slightly lower in low light situations. It also allows you to make the screen dimmer at the low end of the slider.
The Following User Says Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)