Thanks Meter: 128,810

Post Reply Email Thread
11th May 2018, 06:15 PM |#2901  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Pushed r40 for Oreo custom roms with a fix to prevent overusage of ram. On r39 I forgot to enable an important feature which led to Android not killing old processes off ram. Also merged 3.18.108.
Auto-flash with http://get.franciscofranco.xyz or get the zip from the OP.
Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th May 2018, 09:06 PM |#2902  
Thanks Meter: 1,379

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Pushed r40 for Oreo custom roms with a fix to prevent overusage of ram. On r39 I forgot to enable an important feature which led to Android not killing old processes off ram. Also merged 3.18.108.
Auto-flash with http://get.franciscofranco.xyz or get the zip from the OP.
Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

I think I was running r40 for quite a while now. Any need to redownload?
11th May 2018, 10:04 PM |#2903  
Thanks Meter: 897

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstoien

Only just released, previously r40 was for Oreo OOS only.
The Following User Says Thank You to habylab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift habylab Ad-Free
11th May 2018, 10:26 PM |#2904  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by habylab

Only just released, previously r40 was for Oreo OOS only.

my bad, I'm on oreo oos
12th May 2018, 12:11 AM |#2905  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstoien

These releases are asynchronous, sorry about the confusion.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2018, 12:13 PM |#2906  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
@franciscofranco

Hey Franco! I asked you a few months ago what happened to the "sending intent" feature and why it's not working with Tasker anymore. You said something about trying to fix it, since it seems to be an Oreo problem and the next beta of FKM should manage it. But still there is no cure in sight which gets me back one of my favourite feature of your kernel: switching the profiles automated

Are there any news? I'm currently on OOS OB36 with FKM 3.0.5

Hope you find a solution! Thanks for your work!
15th May 2018, 04:54 PM |#2907  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tension1312

@franciscofranco

Hey Franco! I asked you a few months ago what happened to the "sending intent" feature and why it's not working with Tasker anymore. You said something about trying to fix it, since it seems to be an Oreo problem and the next beta of FKM should manage it. But still there is no cure in sight which gets me back one of my favourite feature of your kernel: switching the profiles automated

Are there any news? I'm currently on OOS OB36 with FKM 3.0.5

Hope you find a solution! Thanks for your work!

Performance profiles, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2018, 08:03 PM |#2908  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Performance profiles, right?

Yep, Performance, Balance and Power-saving
The widget for switching profiles is working great again. Had some problems with the widget too
19th May 2018, 10:20 PM |#2909  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I was running R40 for a few days no issues. Yesterday my phone started rebooting randomly, moslty while asleep. Reflashed R40 again and the issues persisted. I've since swapped back to the stock kernel from my backup and it's now working fine again, not a single reboot since. Any ideas?
21st May 2018, 10:40 AM |#2910  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Battery life is really bad... Looses a lot of battery even when in sleep mode lost abt 40% battery overnight with zero screen time... And when the battery is zero a d charger is connected the phone doesnt boot up it keeps on showing the charging wen switched off screen hav to boot into recovery den remove charger nd den boot to system in order to boot the phone... Switching back to caesium
21st May 2018, 05:53 PM |#2911  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by husainkm

Battery life is really bad... Looses a lot of battery even when in sleep mode lost abt 40% battery overnight with zero screen time... And when the battery is zero a d charger is connected the phone doesnt boot up it keeps on showing the charging wen switched off screen hav to boot into recovery den remove charger nd den boot to system in order to boot the phone... Switching back to caesium

that's definitelly not kernel related. If you actually want to try the kernel, clean flash your rom and then the kernel. Not one thing over another, over another. Not saying you've necessarily done that but something is indeed messed up on your end. And if flashing this kernel triggers issues, that isn't necessarily the kernel's fault
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)