FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][OP3] FrancoKernel - 31st July - r41 - OxygenOS Oreo - r41 - LineageOS 15.1

23,474 posts
Thanks Meter: 129,589

Post Reply Email Thread
29th May 2018, 10:52 AM |#2931  
Thanks Meter: 380

More
I'm encountering a weird bahaviour in FK Kernel Manager app.
I would like to underclock my CPU to 1478MHz/1824MHz (silver/gold clusters).
But after every reboot, as soon as I look into the app the setting is set to 1190MHz/1478MHz instead.

Can anyone reproduce/confirm this?
FK r40 for/on latest LOS 15.1

29th May 2018, 03:15 PM |#2932  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyPW

I was running R40 for a few days no issues. Yesterday my phone started rebooting randomly, moslty while asleep. Reflashed R40 again and the issues persisted. I've since swapped back to the stock kernel from my backup and it's now working fine again, not a single reboot since. Any ideas?

Turns out this was actually a bug in OOS with setting WiFi to anything other than "Always On" in the settings. Since changing this back I've had no issues. Not a Franco kernel issue
The Following User Says Thank You to MattyPW For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MattyPW Ad-Free
29th May 2018, 05:12 PM |#2933  
Thanks Meter: 1,481

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudiz

I'm encountering a weird bahaviour in FK Kernel Manager app.
I would like to underclock my CPU to 1478MHz/1824MHz (silver/gold clusters).
But after every reboot, as soon as I look into the app the setting is set to 1190MHz/1478MHz instead.

Can anyone reproduce/confirm this?
FK r40 for/on latest LOS 15.1

After reboot it's normal to see lowered max freqs due to the cpu working hard on boot-tasks and being thermal throttled to prevent excessive heating. Give it a couple of minutes. You can watch the cpu usage, wait for it to drop down to <10% for each cluster and shut down the screen for a minute or two, to be certain the phone is cooled down. Then check the values again and you should see them back to normal. That is, if there's no app changing the settings on boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arstoien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arstoien Ad-Free
29th May 2018, 05:20 PM |#2934  
Thanks Meter: 380

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arstoien

After reboot it's normal to see lowered max freqs due to the cpu working hard on boot-tasks and being thermal throttled to prevent excessive heating. Give it a couple of minutes. You can watch the cpu usage, wait for it to drop down to <10% for each cluster and shut down the screen for a minute or two, to be certain the phone is cooled down. Then check the values again and you should see them back to normal. That is, if there's no app changing the settings on boot.

If that is the case, I find this setting rather confusing. I would expect a setting that is labeled "max" to contain a static value with a threshold that will never be passed, even with a low temperature. If there's another reason to throttle even below that "max" (like high temperature), I would expect this being documented at a different place, rather than my predefined max-value getting tempered with 🤔
The Following User Says Thank You to Naudiz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naudiz Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 01:44 AM |#2935  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will r40 kernel work on op3 oxygen os open beta 37?
31st May 2018, 03:05 AM |#2936  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteoleo97

Will r40 kernel work on op3 oxygen os open beta 37?

Just make sure you flash the r40 from the 8.0.0 link and it should work.
31st May 2018, 04:48 AM |#2937  
Thanks Meter: 1,481

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudiz

If that is the case, I find this setting rather confusing. I would expect a setting that is labeled "max" to contain a static value with a threshold that will never be passed, even with a low temperature. If there's another reason to throttle even below that "max" (like high temperature), I would expect this being documented at a different place, rather than my predefined max-value getting tempered with 🤔

Well, it's been like this since I can remember.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arstoien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arstoien Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 02:36 PM |#2938  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So i facing this issue. I auto-flashed r40 using official franco apps. Everything's okay except one thing.
All my downloads seem to be kick in after 30mins or so. Either the download from Google play store and normal download eg 'browser download'.
Is this kernel related problem? If so can anyone direct me to the post.

Im using OOS 5.0.3 Oneplus 3
15th June 2018, 02:37 PM |#2939  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Does this kernel already have the changes from 5.0.3?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to core_x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift core_x Ad-Free
20th June 2018, 09:18 PM |#2940  
Flag Cochin, Kerala
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Flashed this kernel recently and everything works great.
but there's one problem, now the phone doesn't know when it's being charged. Even when the charger is connected, the phone thinks it's being discharged, though the percentage of battery remaining is going up.
This problem is when using the dash charger( haven't tried any other chargers), but there seems to be no problem when charging from USB.

OP3, CarbonROM, Franco Kernel r40, Magisk v16.4
24th June 2018, 11:47 AM |#2941  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please Suggest Me
Sir ,
I am using OnePlus 3 now with its latest update of Oxygen Os
And I want to flash Dot Os (v2.3.1)(Android 8.1) + Franco Kernel
Please suggest me what should I do
And is there any even better combo for my device

Thanks In Advance For Your Favour 🙏🙏🙏
The Following User Says Thank You to ZheanoRod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZheanoRod Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)