FORUMS

[ROM][7.1][NOUGAT][TESTING] CyanogenMod14.1-cohaolain [UNOFFICIAL]

200 posts
Thanks Meter: 284

By cohaolain, Senior Member on 31st October 2016, 03:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys!

To prevent the other CM14.1 thread from getting too crowded I'll be putting my own builds up here

These builds will be based on the official source except I'll keep adding in new features and fixes before they're officially merged, and I'll be putting in some other small changes along the way if I feel they improve the experience without compromising on anything else

Currently working:
//All battery status indicators are fixed
//Pocket mode

Modifications:
//'Unofficial' tag removed from CyanogenMod version. It just made me squirm with the lack of aesthetic. Of course this is still an unofficial version!

Updated (//): 16.11.03

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...3YtNFpwRzR1akk

Credit of course goes to CyanogenMod and all of its contributors for all of their work!

Disclaimer:
This software is provided by me "as is" and "with all faults." I make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the safety, suitability, lack of viruses, inaccuracies, typographical errors, or other harmful components of this software. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software, and you are solely responsible for determining whether this software is compatible with your equipment and other software installed on your equipment. You are also solely responsible for the protection of your equipment and backup of your data, and I will not be liable for any damages you may suffer in connection with using, modifying, or distributing this software.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod14.1-cohaolain, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
cohaolain
Source Code: https://github.com/cohaolain

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 7.1 (CM14.1)
Beta Release Date: 2016-11-04

Created 2016-10-31
Last Updated 2016-11-12
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to cohaolain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cohaolain Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 03:51 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 88

More
First...!!
Will definitely try it out.

Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to saayuj98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saayuj98 Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 03:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,659

More
Call Echo and no audio in video chat apps fixed ?
Two things that not allowing me to return to 7.1

Thanks for building and sharing your builds.
Btw are you open to suggestions or requests?
The Following User Says Thank You to silentvisitor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift silentvisitor Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 04:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Nice work!
Can you remove cm setup wizard? Cos I'm a Chinese, and if I flash gapps, I can't pass it. And set selinux to permissive?
Thinks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to revive111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift revive111 Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 04:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tullamore, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentvisitor

Call Echo and no audio in video chat apps fixed ?
Two things that not allowing me to return to 7.1

Thanks for building and sharing your builds.
Btw are you open to suggestions or requests?

In my testing I haven't experienced any call echo. And I can't test video chat apps right now, so you'd have to check for that yourself mate, or wait for someone else to let you know here, sorry about that
No problem anyway mate, I'm only doing this on a learning curve. That said, I'm open to suggestions and requests, but they should be submitted without much expectation. This is my first ROM, and I'm pretty new to Android development. I can try my best, but I'm no expert. Although I do love a challenge, I can't make any guarantees

But for now I'm going to try and get Google Assistant working by default. We'll see after that :P
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cohaolain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cohaolain Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 04:14 PM |#6  
Flag /home/coolbeans/
Thanks Meter: 742

More
Great! When I have time I'll definitely give it a try.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SamuelBegui For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamuelBegui Ad-Free
31st October 2016, 04:15 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tullamore, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revive111

Nice work!
Can you remove cm setup wizard? Cos I'm a Chinese, and if I flash gapps, I can't pass it. And set selinux to permissive?
Thinks a lot!

Sorry mate, but I don't want to make such drastic changes, particularly ones that most people don't need

I think the setup wizard should stay, and that selinux is fine just the way it is.

Also, I'm not completely sure how to do either of these things anyway....
31st October 2016, 04:18 PM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Can you include your personal Github sources such as device and kernel tree in the 1st post to actually see what changes you've done so far at the moment?
31st October 2016, 04:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohaolain

Sorry mate, but I don't want to make such drastic changes, particularly ones that most people don't need

I think the setup wizard should stay, and that selinux is fine just the way it is.

Also, I'm not completely sure how to do either of these things anyway....

OK,fine.
In cm13, I can pass it without anything, just wait cm to fix this bug.
31st October 2016, 04:36 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tullamore, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saayuj98

Can you include your personal Github sources such as device and kernel tree in the 1st post to actually see what changes you've done so far at the moment?

As soon as I've learned how to do that, I will do that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)