FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

broken screen

546 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By jj71787, Senior Member on 6th January 2020, 06:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

My screen is damaged and is just black but the phone itself still works. I can still use android auto until I fix the screen.

Is there a way I can retrieve texts from the phone to the computer?

Many of the programs I looked at require confirmation from the phone and I have no way of clicking allow. Is there any way to get the messages?

Thanks
6th January 2020, 10:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is your usb debugging enabled?
Also does the touch works?
7th January 2020, 09:35 AM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 2,135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj71787

Hello,

My screen is damaged and is just black but the phone itself still works. I can still use android auto until I fix the screen.

Is there a way I can retrieve texts from the phone to the computer?

Many of the programs I looked at require confirmation from the phone and I have no way of clicking allow. Is there any way to get the messages?

Thanks

If you are interested in messages, contacts and call history only, a simple solution is to check your Google account. Obviously you should have the account on the phone and should have selected to back up to that account.
7th January 2020, 12:22 PM |#4  

More
adb might help
-> moved into new thread, sorry for hijacking this one
7th January 2020, 01:28 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedwaseem

Is your usb debugging enabled?
Also does the touch works?

It was enabled before this happened.

The fingerprint button works, not sure about touch since I can't see anything to check if it works.
7th January 2020, 01:29 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNSMANI

If you are interested in messages, contacts and call history only, a simple solution is to check your Google account. Obviously you should have the account on the phone and should have selected to back up to that account.

I know I can get my contacts but how can I get messages? I only see messages for web, but you need the phone to scan the QR code.
7th January 2020, 02:29 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj71787

It was enabled before this happened.

The fingerprint button works, not sure about touch since I can't see anything to check if it works.

If debugging is enabled and you have allowed your pc for adb debugging on your phone, you can use this software,

https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy...32-v1.12.1.zip

The official github repo link: https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

Download and extract the zip, open command prompt in the extracted folder, connect your phone to your pc (debugging must be enabled, and pc must be allowed) and type scrcpy on cmd.

P.s you can check if the touch works by touching the screen and checking the response. You know how to turn on the flash. Try turning it on. This can help if your pc isnt allowed debugging on your phone. You get a prompt message on your phone to allow this pc. You can guess where the OK button is on the screen and try pressing it.

Sorry for long reply, but this is what i did.
A screenshot for how it looks is attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	4920657  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)