Changing lcd density (DPI) problem

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By zorro_tmh, Junior Member on 20th June 2016, 07:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th June 2016, 03:35 AM |#21  

More
Textra has an issue with any DPI other than default. Would be nice for OnePlus to have an official setting for this like the Galaxy S7. Everything is way too big on this phone. How easy is it to root and install Xposed? I've never gone down that road with Android.

24th June 2016, 06:02 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Rooting and installing Xposed is very easy on this phone. Just use one of the toolkits for rooting.
25th June 2016, 09:28 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MaX~

i have set the dpi to 380 and have problems in the following apps:

twitter: pictures in tweets have corrupted thumbnails
whatsapp: when you want to crop a picture, it is zoomed in very much and you cannot zoom out so you can only crop 10% of an image
imgur: corrupted thumbnnails too
music player (poweramp) cover art in player notification is zoomed

i think oxygen os handles dpi differently, as i couldnt even find dpi setting in build.prop

i hope someone can fix this bc i would like to stay on oxygen until cm ports etc have dash charging

I had the same issues, the DPI was good for the most part but was having the same problems in those apps. What I did was once my phone was rooted I used 'Le DPI Changer', pulled the slider over to 400dpi then pressed the 'EDIT BUILD.PROP' button and then restarted the phone using the restart button at the top right of le DPI Changer.

Don't use the 'Set DPI' button as that method will give you the same issues we've been facing. Now my OP3 runs at a gorgeous 400dpi with Novalauncher the way Android intended and it looks gorgeous. The reason I use Novalauncher is because it still let's you set the grid size on the desktop
The Following User Says Thank You to Fizzy2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fizzy2k Ad-Free
28th June 2016, 08:21 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzy2k

I had the same issues, the DPI was good for the most part but was having the same problems in those apps. What I did was once my phone was rooted I used 'Le DPI Changer', pulled the slider over to 400dpi then pressed the 'EDIT BUILD.PROP' button and then restarted the phone using the restart button at the top right of le DPI Changer.

Don't use the 'Set DPI' button as that method will give you the same issues we've been facing. Now my OP3 runs at a gorgeous 400dpi with Novalauncher the way Android intended and it looks gorgeous. The reason I use Novalauncher is because it still let's you set the grid size on the desktop

i actually did that before and for some reason that app replaced the complete content of my build.prop with just the line for lcd density, resulting in the phone not booting. i have now added this line manually to my build.prop and the problems seem to be gone. thank you!

Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=XXX
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~MaX~ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ~MaX~ Ad-Free
26th July 2016, 12:15 PM |#25  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi,

I also have changed my DPI to 420 with a command in a shell. It is changed globally, but the profile pictures and the photos in Viber age "cropped" to the upper right corner. I have Xposed and the App Settings, but changing DPI for Viber back to 480 doesn't seems to work...
It seems , that App Settings is not changing anything in Viber...
I don't have a problem in any other app.
Do you guys reached to some solution?
16th October 2016, 09:02 PM |#26  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Nevermind.
Sorted out the problem.
19th October 2016, 07:16 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkarroxx

Nevermind.
Sorted out the problem.

How did you fix it? Cos I have the same issue with my images. Behaving weird on Twitter and Instagram for me.
19th October 2016, 07:33 PM |#28  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtaurRaziq

How did you fix it? Cos I have the same issue with my images. Behaving weird on Twitter and Instagram for me.

My problem was different. My Phone was not booting up at all after I changed DPI using Le DPI app.

I had to go to recovery and replace build.prop file with the backup file Le DPI app had created.
The Following User Says Thank You to omkarroxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omkarroxx Ad-Free
19th October 2016, 09:33 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkarroxx

My problem was different. My Phone was not booting up at all after I changed DPI using Le DPI app.

I had to go to recovery and replace build.prop file with the backup file Le DPI app had created.

True. Even i had to do the same. The Le DPI app didn't work for me. So how did you change the DPI then?
19th October 2016, 10:32 PM |#30  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtaurRaziq

Did any one find a solution for this nasty LCD Density bug ? I have the same whatsapp issue mentioned by other guys in this thread.
Adding it in Build.prop or changing using Le LCD or the App Settings mod in Xposed didn't help.
19th October 2016, 10:42 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by preeansh2175

Did any one find a solution for this nasty LCD Density bug ? I have the same whatsapp issue mentioned by other guys in this thread.
Adding it in Build.prop or changing using Le LCD or the App Settings mod in Xposed didn't help.

I actually did, in the quote below, the guy says to add a piece of code to the build.prop file so I download an app called BuildProp Editor and added the code at the end of the file with the lcd density of 400 for my device.

ro.sf.lcd_density=400

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MaX~

i actually did that before and for some reason that app replaced the complete content of my build.prop with just the line for lcd density, resulting in the phone not booting. i have now added this line manually to my build.prop and the problems seem to be gone. thank you!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)