I am in big mess! Please help!!

Search This thread

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
I was doing some experiment with DriveDroid and now I am in big mess.

I think I messed up with drivedroid settings and I was not able to see my phone (oneplus 3 rooted LOS 15.1 ) on my computers.
I have tried different computers but all cant detect my phone.
I have tried drivedroid wizard, different usb systems, different usb settings and no luck.
I have tried uninstalling the drivedroid and still no luck.
The phone was going in charging mode only. Its was not going to MTP mode so I can see the phone internal storage in computer

I have tried to do factory reset also but no luck.
Now I mistakenly wiped data partition also and now the phone is with
No OS
No USB detection on phone while in TWRP
No OTG detection
No any ROM.zip file in phone memory.

When I am on TWRP and connect my phone in computer I am seeing same error message and cant see my phone interenal storage.

Now what to do? Any way to flash ROM ?

I am in big mess, and I dont want to spend money on new phone as of now

I hope someone will be my angle and suggest me something to recover and save me from this mess...

Crying out loud now...

aj141

Jul 10, 2014
Just get os flashed at OnePlus service center.

I did something same in my previous Samsung phone. I took it to service center and told em that it's not booting up and I don't know the reason. They flashed the firmware from scratch, charged me 250 INR and my phone was back to being normal.

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2

I am not able to follow this as phone is not even coming in USB mode. So its actually soft bricked because can go to twrp and fastboot mode and booting up without OS but USB is not able to detect on my computer.

now the service center guys saying I need to change the motherboard which I dont think is the issue, mother board is not going gone for sure as I can boot up in twrp and fastboot mode. its just may be the usb host controller gone.

Cant decide if I should go ahead with mother board replacement at cost of 10k INR ( phone cost was 28K INR) .

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am not able to follow this as phone is not even coming in USB mode. So its actually soft bricked because can go to twrp and fastboot mode and booting up without OS but USB is not able to detect on my computer.

now the service center guys saying I need to change the motherboard which I dont think is the issue, mother board is not going gone for sure as I can boot up in twrp and fastboot mode. its just may be the usb host controller gone.

Cant decide if I should go ahead with mother board replacement at cost of 10k INR ( phone cost was 28K INR) .

If you use the Method 2 of the Unbrick Guide, you don't need normal adb/usb mode recognition. Follow that guide scrupulously and step by step. Don't skip any and don't rush.

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
We are giving an advice of 10K InR in free and he is not even interested according to his opinion, :confused:

I even tried that but somehow it is not even recognized as QHUSB_BULK device. :(

believe me I have tried all things to revive the phone but its not hard brick in my opinion, it can boot into twrp but the when I connect the phone in computer it shows the error message I shown as attachment in my first post.

yes, I have tried 2 different computers and few usb cables. :(

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
I even tried that but somehow it is not even recognized as QHUSB_BULK device. :(

believe me I have tried all things to revive the phone but its not hard brick in my opinion, it can boot into twrp but the when I connect the phone in computer it shows the error message I shown as attachment in my first post.

Your phone need not be hardbricked to use the Guide. It will work even on a normal perfectly working phone. If your phone is not recognised while following the Guide, it only means one of two things: either it is a hardware fault or you are not following the Guide properly.

Hayatzada

Jul 26, 2013
Lahore

reviewed post

Last edited:

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Your phone need not be hardbricked to use the Guide. It will work even on a normal perfectly working phone. If your phone is not recognised while following the Guide, it only means one of two things: either it is a hardware fault or you are not following the Guide properly.

tried to follow the unbrick guide on windows 10 but phone is not seen as QSBULK device in device manager.
I am going to try on windows 7 as few post said that windows 7 would be better for unbricking than windows 10.
finger crossed, right now flashing windows 7 live iso on USB.

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
so finally I am declaring my op3 as hardware failure as one of my other phone (yureka) easily identified as 9008 mode in my computer but my op3 is not. so all drivers are installed correctly but somehow my op3's usb hub is failed.

i guess time to move on..

thank you everyone for spending time to help me. it really is supportive and encouraging...

v.konvict

Dec 1, 2012
Mwanza
so finally I am declaring my op3 as hardware failure as one of my other phone (yureka) easily identified as 9008 mode in my computer but my op3 is not. so all drivers are installed correctly but somehow my op3's usb hub is failed.

i guess time to move on..

thank you everyone for spending time to help me. it really is supportive and encouraging...
So sorry about that .... Sad news

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Although I bought 6T now and am kind of happy with that, but I am still missing my oneplus 3 and want to experiment on getting it revived.

By any chance someone can help me answering my doubts.. I would be greatful..

1. Is it ok to replace oneplus3's motherboard with oneplus 3t motherboard ? If by any chance i get any resell op3 or op3t in dirt cheap price I want to know if its ok to use 3T's motherboard.

2. Is there any way I can turn on the wifi from within TWRP and so I can connect to phone via adb over wifi/tcpip ??

Thank you all in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5616867
    bad luck is that in twrp also pc doesnt recognised it.. tried in different pc with different cables.
    Did you disable driver signing on Win 10 while installing the drivers?

Have you tried a different cable?

He is already tried different cables, different computers, and changing the usb jack port

if it's driver issue, then it would be listed as unknown device in device manager, not as usb device not recognize, it's a clear sign that it's hardware issue

There's a high chances his got a motherboard issues, might be when he panicked with no os and then bent the data line pins then it's shorted

My guess would be just 1 bad shorted caps since he can charge the phone just fine
    If you use the Method 2 of the Unbrick Guide, you don't need normal adb/usb mode recognition. Follow that guide scrupulously and step by step. Don't skip any and don't rush.

We are giving an advice of 10K InR in free and he is not even interested according to his opinion, :confused: