FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I am in big mess! Please help!!

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 201

By amit3880, Senior Member on 12th January 2019, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was doing some experiment with DriveDroid and now I am in big mess.

I think I messed up with drivedroid settings and I was not able to see my phone (oneplus 3 rooted LOS 15.1 ) on my computers.
I have tried different computers but all cant detect my phone.
I have tried drivedroid wizard, different usb systems, different usb settings and no luck.
I have tried uninstalling the drivedroid and still no luck.
The phone was going in charging mode only. Its was not going to MTP mode so I can see the phone internal storage in computer

I have tried to do factory reset also but no luck.
Now I mistakenly wiped data partition also and now the phone is with
No OS
No USB detection on phone while in TWRP
No OTG detection
No any ROM.zip file in phone memory.

When I am on TWRP and connect my phone in computer I am seeing same error message and cant see my phone interenal storage.

Now what to do? Any way to flash ROM ?

I am in big mess, and I dont want to spend money on new phone as of now

I hope someone will be my angle and suggest me something to recover and save me from this mess...

Crying out loud now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USB Issue.png
Views:	334
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	4685179  
12th January 2019, 08:55 PM |#2  
Flag Zonguldak
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, i think you can use adb sideload with twrp
13th January 2019, 04:12 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uruloki64

Hi, i think you can use adb sideload with twrp

Phone is not recognized in computer while in twrp mode so it is not able to connct to adb via USB.
13th January 2019, 02:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just get os flashed at OnePlus service center.

I did something same in my previous Samsung phone. I took it to service center and told em that it's not booting up and I don't know the reason. They flashed the firmware from scratch, charged me 250 INR and my phone was back to being normal.
13th January 2019, 04:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj141

Just get os flashed at OnePlus service center.

I did something same in my previous Samsung phone. I took it to service center and told em that it's not booting up and I don't know the reason. They flashed the firmware from scratch, charged me 250 INR and my phone was back to being normal.

Ya.. going there tomorrow. Lets see what they say about it.
13th January 2019, 10:24 PM |#6  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit3880

Ya.. going there tomorrow. Lets see what they say about it.

have u tried hard bricked tool for OP3? if not then try it
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...icked-t3405700
14th January 2019, 08:10 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayatzada

have u tried hard bricked tool for OP3? if not then try it
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...icked-t3405700

I am not able to follow this as phone is not even coming in USB mode. So its actually soft bricked because can go to twrp and fastboot mode and booting up without OS but USB is not able to detect on my computer.

now the service center guys saying I need to change the motherboard which I dont think is the issue, mother board is not going gone for sure as I can boot up in twrp and fastboot mode. its just may be the usb host controller gone.

Cant decide if I should go ahead with mother board replacement at cost of 10k INR ( phone cost was 28K INR) .
14th January 2019, 12:21 PM |#8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 2,198

More
Quote:

I am not able to follow this as phone is not even coming in USB mode. So its actually soft bricked because can go to twrp and fastboot mode and booting up without OS but USB is not able to detect on my computer.

now the service center guys saying I need to change the motherboard which I dont think is the issue, mother board is not going gone for sure as I can boot up in twrp and fastboot mode. its just may be the usb host controller gone.

Cant decide if I should go ahead with mother board replacement at cost of 10k INR ( phone cost was 28K INR) .

If you use the Method 2 of the Unbrick Guide, you don't need normal adb/usb mode recognition. Follow that guide scrupulously and step by step. Don't skip any and don't rush.
14th January 2019, 02:42 PM |#9  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmani

If you use the Method 2 of the Unbrick Guide, you don't need normal adb/usb mode recognition. Follow that guide scrupulously and step by step. Don't skip any and don't rush.

We are giving an advice of 10K InR in free and he is not even interested according to his opinion,
The Following User Says Thank You to Hayatzada For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hayatzada Ad-Free
14th January 2019, 03:31 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayatzada

We are giving an advice of 10K InR in free and he is not even interested according to his opinion,

I even tried that but somehow it is not even recognized as QHUSB_BULK device.

believe me I have tried all things to revive the phone but its not hard brick in my opinion, it can boot into twrp but the when I connect the phone in computer it shows the error message I shown as attachment in my first post.

yes, I have tried 2 different computers and few usb cables.
14th January 2019, 05:07 PM |#11  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 2,198

More
Quote:

I even tried that but somehow it is not even recognized as QHUSB_BULK device.

believe me I have tried all things to revive the phone but its not hard brick in my opinion, it can boot into twrp but the when I connect the phone in computer it shows the error message I shown as attachment in my first post.

yes, I have tried 2 different computers and few usb cables.

Your phone need not be hardbricked to use the Guide. It will work even on a normal perfectly working phone. If your phone is not recognised while following the Guide, it only means one of two things: either it is a hardware fault or you are not following the Guide properly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)