FORUMS

Random reboots?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jbilik, Junior Member on 21st June 2016, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Had the phone plugged into a Dash car charger this morning and experienced three or four reboots before and after connecting to bluetooth. Unplugged it and haven't experienced a reboot since. Anybody else experiencing this?
21st June 2016, 11:11 PM |#2  
Flag Somewhere between silicone and silicon valley.
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Just got the phone today and while setting it up it has rebooted on it's own 4 times. Once during bootup as I am typing in the decrypt password it froze up and rebooted from there which is before most of the OS is even loaded...I have fear.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

It is going from bad to worse for me. I am now not just getting random reboots but the phone is going to sleep and powering itself off completely.
21st June 2016, 11:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Sounds like hardware issue. Don't give up, request replacement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using XDA-Developers mobile app
22nd June 2016, 12:04 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chindynasty

Sounds like hardware issue. Don't give up, request replacement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I just opened a ticket. Waiting for a level 2 to contact me they want to remote wipe and reinstall oxygenOS on it. Although since the problem can happen at the preboot decryption prompt I have a feeling it will be a warranty replacement. Love the phone, just sad I got a lemon
22nd June 2016, 12:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennonk

sad I got a lemon

Yes, I haven't had any freezing/rebooting issues. I'll try doing more with Bluetooth, but I think I've returned or trashed any poorly-behaving Bluetooth devices I've come across.
22nd June 2016, 02:53 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

I just opened a ticket. Waiting for a level 2 to contact me they want to remote wipe and reinstall oxygenOS on it. Although since the problem can happen at the preboot decryption prompt I have a feeling it will be a warranty replacement. Love the phone, just sad I got a lemon

Dont worry buddy... you and i are in the same boat

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers mobile app
22nd June 2016, 03:11 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubooBear

Dont worry buddy... you and i are in the same boat

Have you opened a ticket yet? The site the sent me to schedule the level 2 tech to reinstall the OS just says "Currently, No services are available" I think I just want them to send me a shipping label so I can get the exchange started rather than jumping through these tech support hoops. I dont think the issue we are having is very common and I'd rather just get a working device than fix this one.
22nd June 2016, 05:56 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
I had an issue transferring a file to the OnePlus 3 via Bluetooth after setting the phone up. I didn't experience any reboot issue accompanied with this though. I wish you luck with support. I thankfully haven't had to use it yet.
22nd June 2016, 05:58 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Have you opened a ticket yet? The site the sent me to schedule the level 2 tech to reinstall the OS just says "Currently, No services are available" I think I just want them to send me a shipping label so I can get the exchange started rather than jumping through these tech support hoops. I dont think the issue we are having is very common and I'd rather just get a working device than fix this one.

Yea i opened a ticket for a return but they have not gotten back to me yet after i confirmed my billing address. I told them to open up a return ticket so i can order a new phone right away instead of waiting for them to send a replacement cause lets be honest... that will take a while.
23rd June 2016, 01:36 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubooBear

Yea i opened a ticket for a return but they have not gotten back to me yet after i confirmed my billing address. I told them to open up a return ticket so i can order a new phone right away instead of waiting for them to send a replacement cause lets be honest... that will take a while.

Yeah they are pretty much demanding I go through their repair process with a remote control session and stuff I should have just straight out asked for a full refund instead of reporting it as a broken unit. I have a feeling I am screwed at this point. All the stories I am reading on the OnePlus.net forums about RMA's and returns are complete horror stories. I hope I am proven wrong but this is certainly a downside of going with a small company.
23rd June 2016, 04:08 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Yeah they are pretty much demanding I go through their repair process with a remote control session and stuff I should have just straight out asked for a full refund instead of reporting it as a broken unit. I have a feeling I am screwed at this point. All the stories I am reading on the OnePlus.net forums about RMA's and returns are complete horror stories. I hope I am proven wrong but this is certainly a downside of going with a small company.

Yea same here. Im still waiting for the instructions. So far so horrible...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)