Random reboots?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jbilik, Junior Member on 21st June 2016, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2016, 09:38 AM |#81  

More
Yesterday my OnePlus3 rebooted 3 times while I was driving, the phone was charging (not dash) and I was using Google Maps (2 times) or Waze (3rd time).
I bought it one month ago and it never happened before.

21st November 2016, 09:22 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
One reboot yesterday playing music via bluetooth. So one restart after owning the device for a week.

My previous phone Nexus 6P also had some random reboots. Probably at least once a month, nothing too crazy.

The original Moto X has never rebooted on me.
21st November 2016, 09:39 PM |#83  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh3z

Yesterday my OnePlus3 rebooted 3 times while I was driving, the phone was charging (not dash) and I was using Google Maps (2 times) or Waze (3rd time).
I bought it one month ago and it never happened before.

were you also playing music (via bluetooth?)
22nd November 2016, 12:24 PM |#84  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x4

were you also playing music (via bluetooth?)

First time yes, definitely. Not sure about the other two.
22nd November 2016, 01:07 PM |#85  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 333

More
I've had it happen when using google maps and playing music when I was on 3.2.7 but I also use xposed for a few things and had modified the DPI so I wasn't sure if it was related to that.
22nd November 2016, 10:49 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
If it is a hardware issue, good luck getting it replaced by Oneplus. I had these random reboots especially when using Google Maps or Waze and contacted support. I had already wiped the phone multiple times and loaded dozens of different ROMs and kernels, but the random reboots persisted. OnePlus support connected and wiped and reloaded my phone remotely, but the problem still persists and they refuse to replace the phone.
20th December 2016, 07:02 AM |#87  

More
just here to share my experience.

started getting these reboots while using google maps and netflix, decided to RMA the phone. they instructed me to perform a hard reset (which is a joke), and the issue came back after a few days. i told support it was a complete joke to ask users to reset their phones every single time this issue pops up, and asked for a refund (i bought the phone in august) so i could buy the 3t. my request for a refund was completely ignored, and i was sent a shipping label instead to ship the phone in for repair.

a week and half after shipping the phone out, it gets sent back with paperwork saying there was nothing wrong with the phone, and that the only work they performed was a hard reset... fantastic. i'm trying to go through my credit card now to have this phone returned/replaced, but i will never buy a OP device again.
20th December 2016, 07:16 AM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowsza

just here to share my experience.

started getting these reboots while using google maps and netflix, decided to RMA the phone. they instructed me to perform a hard reset (which is a joke), and the issue came back after a few days. i told support it was a complete joke to ask users to reset their phones every single time this issue pops up, and asked for a refund (i bought the phone in august) so i could buy the 3t. my request for a refund was completely ignored, and i was sent a shipping label instead to ship the phone in for repair.

a week and half after shipping the phone out, it gets sent back with paperwork saying there was nothing wrong with the phone, and that the only work they performed was a hard reset... fantastic. i'm trying to go through my credit card now to have this phone returned/replaced, but i will never buy a OP device again.

I literally had the exact same experience, point for point. Terrible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)