254 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By PhoenixAG, Senior Member on 4th July 2016, 03:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I was on OOS 3.1.3 (rooted).

I installed the latest 3.2.0 by:

wiping cache/dalvik
installing full .zip 3.20 via TWRP (downloaded via the amazon aws link)
wiping cache/dalvik
Flashing SuperSU
wiping cache/dalvik
Reboot

Everything seems fine but my phone says no sim card installed. The baseband in About is unknown. And I can't open the screen which shows the IMEI etc on my phone.

Is my EFS wiped out? I made a backup so should be ok. But I am confused as to how to proceed on this?

I have tried to fix this by:

1. Trying to restore the EFS backup using the "fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.bin" commands (same for modemst2.bin) - I had made a backup of EFS earlier. It doesn't seem to do anything and when I reboot, there is still no baseband.
2. Trying to flash the full ROM zip again - without success

Before I proceed to do anything further, I am hoping someone more intelligent than me can shed some light as to what may have gone wrong and what I can do about it, instead of me managing to make things worse.

Any help would be much appreciated!

4th July 2016, 04:02 PM |#2  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Where u got 3.2.0 ? never heard about it
4th July 2016, 04:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...eived-t3410714
The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixAG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PhoenixAG Ad-Free
4th July 2016, 04:10 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
I used the same method and the same file and everything is fine here, no apparent issues and I can make/receive calls fine, so the file is ok.

Have you tried rolling back to a previous backup to see if everything works again before trying to reflash?
4th July 2016, 04:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Hmm, I didn't have much on my phone so decided not to take any nandroid backup. Wasn't expecting any problems (stupid of me, I know).

Hearing all the reports of things being fine, I think the file itself is fine. However, my phone definitely is not. I am truly at my wit's end on how to fix it.

On further discovery, I have noticed that my TWRP has been overwritten with the standard recovery.
4th July 2016, 04:15 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAG

On further discovery, I have noticed that my TWRP has been overwritten with the standard recovery.

Well that sounds really odd, and didn't happen on mine, TWRP was still in place for me after the update.
4th July 2016, 04:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes, the whole thing is odd. But I swear I followed the same basic steps as everyone else to try and install the new version.

It's really got me worried, specially the part where I try and restore EFS and everything seems to flash fine, but it doesn't work. I am now trying to sideload the previous version using the default recovery, but its stuck at 92%.
4th July 2016, 04:19 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Yes, the whole thing is odd. But I swear I followed the same basic steps as everyone else to try and install the new version.

It's really got me worried, specially the part where I try and restore EFS and everything seems to flash fine, but it doesn't work. I am now trying to sideload the previous version using the default recovery, but its stuck at 92%.

Good luck mate.
4th July 2016, 04:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
https://img.xda-cdn.com/WYCSKl1P_lU8vTefNcdQtE66RCw=/http%3A%2F%2Fi65.tinypic.com%2F311md81.jpg
4th July 2016, 04:31 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

What about sideloading an older Oxygen Version?
4th July 2016, 05:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
same thing happened to me too. After Nandroid restore everything back to normal. I am wondering if my TWRP is wrong somehow...using 3.0.2-0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)