PhoenixAG

Jul 25, 2006
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Hi,

I was on OOS 3.1.3 (rooted).

I installed the latest 3.2.0 by:

wiping cache/dalvik
installing full .zip 3.20 via TWRP (downloaded via the amazon aws link)
wiping cache/dalvik
Flashing SuperSU
wiping cache/dalvik
Reboot

Everything seems fine but my phone says no sim card installed. The baseband in About is unknown. And I can't open the screen which shows the IMEI etc on my phone.

Is my EFS wiped out? I made a backup so should be ok. But I am confused as to how to proceed on this?

I have tried to fix this by:

1. Trying to restore the EFS backup using the "fastboot flash modemst1 modemst1.bin" commands (same for modemst2.bin) - I had made a backup of EFS earlier. It doesn't seem to do anything and when I reboot, there is still no baseband.
2. Trying to flash the full ROM zip again - without success

Before I proceed to do anything further, I am hoping someone more intelligent than me can shed some light as to what may have gone wrong and what I can do about it, instead of me managing to make things worse.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cyda

May 12, 2010
I used the same method and the same file and everything is fine here, no apparent issues and I can make/receive calls fine, so the file is ok.

Have you tried rolling back to a previous backup to see if everything works again before trying to reflash?

PhoenixAG

Jul 25, 2006
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Hmm, I didn't have much on my phone so decided not to take any nandroid backup. Wasn't expecting any problems (stupid of me, I know).

Hearing all the reports of things being fine, I think the file itself is fine. However, my phone definitely is not. I am truly at my wit's end on how to fix it.

On further discovery, I have noticed that my TWRP has been overwritten with the standard recovery.

PhoenixAG

Jul 25, 2006
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Yes, the whole thing is odd. But I swear I followed the same basic steps as everyone else to try and install the new version.

It's really got me worried, specially the part where I try and restore EFS and everything seems to flash fine, but it doesn't work. I am now trying to sideload the previous version using the default recovery, but its stuck at 92%.

Cyda

May 12, 2010
Yes, the whole thing is odd. But I swear I followed the same basic steps as everyone else to try and install the new version.

It's really got me worried, specially the part where I try and restore EFS and everything seems to flash fine, but it doesn't work. I am now trying to sideload the previous version using the default recovery, but its stuck at 92%.

Good luck mate.

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
311md81.jpg

christophs01

Feb 5, 2011

What about sideloading an older Oxygen Version?

fitzpete

Mar 22, 2005
same thing happened to me too. After Nandroid restore everything back to normal. I am wondering if my TWRP is wrong somehow...using 3.0.2-0

PLONTER

Apr 2, 2007
Want model number did you have? A3000 or A3003 ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

PhoenixAG

Jul 25, 2006
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
Guys, I managed to sideload version 3.1.3 back using the ADB sideload on the stock recovery, which I automatically received (don't know how).

All my data is safe and it feels like nothing happened, everything works. Hmm, I am now using adb sideload to just flash the OTA (~400MB) and checking what happens. If it works or doesn't work out, will report back!

Dam4rusxp

Aug 27, 2010
same here, no sim and phone get's hot :(

how did you downgrade?

I flashed this image from TWRP: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591020540823765

Want model number did you have? A3000 or A3003 ?

A3003.

I also downloaded the OTA with the builtin updater and the hash is equal to the one from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591020540823766

Those links are from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/how-to/mirrors-official-oxygen-os-roms-ota-t3410870

fitzpete

Mar 22, 2005

PhoenixAG

Jul 25, 2006
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
I haven't checked my model number yet - should have. So I side loaded the OTA and its the same result. Phone starts burning hot and no sims detected.

So now I am back to sideloading 3.1.3 yet again. Wish they take out a proper fix for our phones, as I suspect mine is A3003 as well.

PLONTER

Apr 2, 2007
You can try to take out the modem file from the zip and try.

mysdavey

Jun 16, 2012
Do you have two sim cards or just the one? If two cards, try removing one. If just one, try changing sim card slot.

Top Liked Posts