Thanks Meter: 4,632

Thread Closed Email Thread
4th April 2019, 06:50 AM |#101  
Flag Amiens
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkje

Rumors say there is a new beta. Didnt find it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface1991

Where did you read it?

Where please ?
4th April 2019, 07:15 AM |#102  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasn1

Thanks for the instructions. I will try this out.

take a complete backup of your internal storage etc etc. before the roll back.

The encryption methods of oreo and pie are different. We dont know what oneplus has done for encryption.

Possible that you may face data loss
4th April 2019, 09:26 AM |#103  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 110

More
I installed this first beta (thank you for the link!) without any problem. I made a backup but data was encrypted normaly in 8 or 10 minutes, and everything is working great so far: phone+data, bluetooth, wifi, GPS, camera (even GCam mod), face unlock, Android Auto...
I only have the feeling performances are not as good as Havoc. Not sure though!
4th April 2019, 11:18 AM |#104  
Google
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I installed this first beta (thank you for the link!) without any problem. I made a backup but data was encrypted normaly in 8 or 10 minutes, and everything is working great so far: phone+data, bluetooth, wifi, GPS, camera (even GCam mod), face unlock, Android Auto...
I only have the feeling performances are not as good as Havoc. Not sure though!

The performance is not even as good as Oreo. But this is still an early closed beta, so expected.
Like for Whatsapp, if I click on notification to go to the app, it's slower than Oreo, and the notification sort of takes a second to go off and remains in foreground for a certain time even after Whatsapp is open. Animation is reduced to .5x, still this behavior.

Apart from certain hiccups, this closed beta has been pretty stable so far.
4th April 2019, 12:24 PM |#105  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

The performance is not even as good as Oreo. But this is still an early closed beta, so expected.
Like for Whatsapp, if I click on notification to go to the app, it's slower than Oreo, and the notification sort of takes a second to go off and remains in foreground for a certain time even after Whatsapp is open. Animation is reduced to .5x, still this behavior.

Apart from certain hiccups, this closed beta has been pretty stable so far.

i agree.. some of apps opening closing are slow as compared to oreo.. no big deal for 1st closed beta
4th April 2019, 02:14 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just post it here.
I did upgrade with locked bootloader through adb sideload from latest Oreo beta to this Pie beta without factory reset. All the data in place.
What I did before upgrade:
  1. BACKUP internal storage (in case if something goes wrong)
  2. disable pin on device (fingerprints and face recognition data will be loosed)
  3. sideload Pie firmware with original recovery.
  4. reboot device and wait full boot
I'm using it for few days. For my use cases everything is OK. Fingerprint unlock is slower than in Oreo. Battery consuming better then Oreo.
Hope that this info will be useful for someone.
4th April 2019, 03:19 PM |#107  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,723

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmani

I am facing the issue of dash charge not working while system is booted up. No message of Dash Charging and it takes forever to fully charge (well, about 2.5 hours from 15% to 100%). But when the phone is switched off, I am able to go from the same level to full in 1 hour and 10 minutes. I am on the closed beta. Other than this the ROM is fantastic, a veritable daily driver with best battery.

Anyone else facing this?

For anyone having this issue: A clean re-flash with (repeat) format of /data partition did the trick. Now everything is working as it should.
4th April 2019, 04:02 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 1,469

More
Have you guys received any closed beta OTA on your builds?
I don't think they will send any OTA as they know now that beta build has been leaked.
5th April 2019, 09:16 PM |#109  
Flag Konstanz
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I haven't received any. First boot took forever for me too, guess this is due to encryption. I came from LOS 16 too, used the TWRP by dianlujitao that's often recommended, wiped system data cache and dalvik before, had no issues.

I do however confirm there is something off with Google play protect certification. It GPay does not work for me on this build with newest Magisk, while it does on LOS 16 with the same Magisk setup. My other device with LOS 16 is certified while this is not.
6th April 2019, 03:59 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
I have the build running unencrypted if anyone is interested. But it breaks the camera and fingerprint scanner. Maybe someone else can figure out that part
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190405-215955.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	4737545  
6th April 2019, 09:47 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Any new leak? The other ones drain battery like crazy
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread