FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Downgrade OxygenOS from 3.5.2 to 3.2.6 with Root / Xposed / Debloat

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By uniQ191, Junior Member on 21st September 2016, 06:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I downgraded my Oneplus 3 from 3.5.2 to 3.2.6 and this was kind of a painful process, so I decided to share my experience with you.
If you follow this guide you will successfully downgrade from the latest Community Build to the newly released stable.
Note: Just because this worked for me, doesn't mean that it will work for you! Use this guide on your own risk and always use backups!

You'll need:
- Oneplus with OOS 3.5.2 and modified TWRP
- OxygenOS 3.2.6 Full ROM
- Latest official TWRP
- AndroidSDKSlim (needs Oneplus 3 USB drivers installed)
- SuperSU 2.78 SR1
- Xposed Framework (optional)
- Debloat Script (optional)

Downgrade:
Before you start, please create a COMPLETE backup of all your data.
You will factory reset your phone during the process.

1. Copy OOS 3.2.6 Full ROM, SuperSU, Xposed, Debloat Script to your Oneplus
2. Flash modified TWRP if you haven't already
3. Boot into modified TWRP
4. Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select all but internal storage -> Swipe to Wipe
5. Install OOS 3.2.6 Full ROM
6. Reboot into system and use the installation wizard to setup your phone (do not setup fingerprints, or any device PIN)
7. Reboot into bootloader
8. Connect your phone to a PC/Notebook
9. Extract AndroidSDKSlim to your Desktop and copy twrp-3.0.2-1-oneplus3.img into \AndroidSDKSlim\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
10. Run CMD with admin rights and navigate to \AndroidSDKSlim\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
11. Run "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-1-oneplus3.img" to revert to official TWRP recovery
12. Disconnect your phone and boot into recovery
13. Dirty flash OOS 3.2.6 again (this might sound stupid but it's mandatory)
14. Still in recovery, flash SuperSU, Xposed and Debloat Script
15. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
16. Reboot into system and setup your phone
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uniQ191 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uniQ191 Ad-Free
21st September 2016, 02:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks for your guide !

Can you just please detail how to revert back to a custom ROM like RR or Nuclear when we come from Oxygen OS 3.5.2 community build ?
The Following User Says Thank You to darkbash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkbash Ad-Free
21st September 2016, 03:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbash

Thanks for your guide !

Can you just please detail how to revert back to a custom ROM like RR or Nuclear when we come from Oxygen OS 3.5.2 community build ?

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, I can't provide guides for procedures I never went through.
But I asume that you could just flash any Custom ROM after you completely wiped your phone in step 4. So instead of flashing OOS 3.2.6 afterwards, just flash a custom ROM. Be sure that you have all zips you need on your internal storage and a backup to revert back to, if anything goes wrong. Otherwise you will have to use ADB sideload to install a ROM.
22nd September 2016, 01:04 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Ok, so I have a Modified TWRP installed already. Question is If I want to flash other ROMS after wiping system,dalvik/cache,data etc. Do I have to Flash official TWRP first followed by firmware,ROM, etc?
or firmware first then ROM and lastly official TWRP?
it's quite confusing.
22nd September 2016, 11:16 PM |#5  
Flag Exmouth
Thanks Meter: 278

More
I made a mistake and I installed the modified recovery installed the 3.5.2 rom and before booting I decided to restore my nand backup so I flashed the official twrp recovery and now I can't go to recovery anymore and the phone doesn't boot.
I imagine I have to sideload the modified twrp again but how do I do that? How do I reboot to bootloader ?
This is the only sign of life
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160923_011300.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	3883409  
23rd September 2016, 01:28 AM |#6  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigeaky

I made a mistake and I installed the modified recovery installed the 3.5.2 rom and before booting I decided to restore my nand backup so I flashed the official twrp recovery and now I can't go to recovery anymore and the phone doesn't boot.
I imagine I have to sideload the modified twrp again but how do I do that? How do I reboot to bootloader ?
This is the only sign of life

Flash modified TWRP, and the recovery will return. then, follow the guide. it happened to me too.
23rd September 2016, 01:32 AM |#7  
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbash

Thanks for your guide !

First flash modified TWRP than install official 3.2.4 than flash CM ROM or custom ROM
23rd September 2016, 03:03 AM |#8  
Flag Worcester
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniQ191

So I downgraded my Oneplus 3 from 3.5.2 to 3.2.6 and this was kind of a painful process, so I decided to share my experience with you.
If you follow this guide you will successfully downgrade from the latest Community Build to the newly released stable.
Note: Just because this worked for me, doesn't mean that it will work for you! Use this guide on your own risk and always use backups!

You'll need:
- Oneplus with OOS 3.5.2 and modified TWRP
- OxygenOS 3.2.6 Full ROM
- Latest official TWRP
- AndroidSDKSlim (needs Oneplus 3 USB drivers installed)
- SuperSU 2.78 SR1
- Xposed Framework (optional)
- Debloat Script (optional)

Downgrade:
Before you start, please create a COMPLETE backup of all your data.
You will factory reset your phone during the process.

1. Copy OOS 3.2.6 Full ROM, SuperSU, Xposed, Debloat Script to your Oneplus
2. Flash modified TWRP if you haven't already
3. Boot into modified TWRP
4. Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select all but internal storage -> Swipe to Wipe
5. Install OOS 3.2.6 Full ROM
6. Reboot into system and use the installation wizard to setup your phone (do not setup fingerprints, or any device PIN)
7. Reboot into bootloader
8. Connect your phone to a PC/Notebook
9. Extract AndroidSDKSlim to your Desktop and copy twrp-3.0.2-1-oneplus3.img into \AndroidSDKSlim\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
10. Run CMD with admin rights and navigate to \AndroidSDKSlim\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
11. Run "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-1-oneplus3.img" to revert to official TWRP recovery
12. Disconnect your phone and boot into recovery
13. Dirty flash OOS 3.2.6 again (this might sound stupid but it's mandatory)
14. Still in recovery, flash SuperSU, Xposed and Debloat Script
15. Wipe Dalvik & Cache
16. Reboot into system and setup your phone

worked like magic. Thankyou for this education. it didnt work when i followed other folks. Much appreciated.
23rd September 2016, 08:04 AM |#9  
Flag Exmouth
Thanks Meter: 278

More
So it seems I have booted with 3.5.2 and modified recovery. Now my question is: can I reboot in recovery at step 7 and install the original twrp recovery? Or can I use flashify? As I don't have access to a pc
25th September 2016, 02:38 AM |#10  
Flag Seixal
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
I did ok but cant use adaway do you have a fix for it?

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 atrav├ęs de Tapatalk
26th September 2016, 12:04 AM |#11  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 300

More
I'm trying to return to 3.2.6 after trying 3.5.2.

However, after flashing and booting 3.2.6, I boot into fastboot mode and the official TWRP refuses to flash. It reports that it's failed and then I'm left with no recovery until I reflash the modified TWRP.

I could try restoring my Nandroid backup of 3.2.6 with the modified TWRP, but I'd prefer to return to the official TWRP before doing this.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Fixed it. I downloaded the official TWRP again and it flashed. The first download must have been corrupted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)