FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Finally :Stock Android 9 Pie, Oxygen OS 9.0.2 for OP 3/3T

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 16
 
By izzikiorage, Senior Member on 22nd May 2019, 08:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After a long long wait its finally here. The oneplus 3T gets android pie. Install it and share your experience here

https://9to5google.com/2019/05/22/on...3-android-pie/

I'm downloading using oxygen updater app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to izzikiorage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift izzikiorage Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 12:40 PM |#2  
ptoner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Anything to share? Any issues?
The Following User Says Thank You to ptoner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ptoner Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 04:21 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptoner

Anything to share? Any issues?

Using this since past 2 days. I am completely stock with locked bootloader, unrooted and stock recovery.
No issues till now. Feels good to be back to stock oxygen OS for a change from all these custom roms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to affection788 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift affection788 Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 04:52 PM |#4  
ptoner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by affection788

Using this since past 2 days. I am completely stock with locked bootloader, unrooted and stock recovery.
No issues till now. Feels good to be back to stock oxygen OS for a change from all these custom roms.

You installed it on a locked bootloader. So you factory reset the phone before updating. Or did you just flash and lose no data


Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ptoner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ptoner Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 05:34 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptoner

You installed it on a locked bootloader. So you factory reset the phone before updating. Or did you just flash and lose no data

I installed it on a unlocked bootloader. I was previously on Skydragon. Flashed stock OS in twrp. Lost all data in internal storage after reset.
24th May 2019, 05:45 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Sounds good have been avoiding on my work phone for fear that it'll become unstable or slow. Seems thats not the issue
25th May 2019, 05:50 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by affection788

I installed it on a unlocked bootloader. I was previously on Skydragon. Flashed stock OS in twrp. Lost all data in internal storage after reset.

I'm running rooted Skydragon OS with twrp and unlocked bootloader. Can I directly flash oos via twrp? Will there be any issues?
Does the stock recovery replace twrp after flashing oos?
25th May 2019, 06:02 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkweb_182

I'm running rooted Skydragon OS with twrp and unlocked bootloader. Can I directly flash oos via twrp? Will there be any issues?
Does the stock recovery replace twrp after flashing oos?

Yes you can flash it over twrp on skydragon and yes it will replace twrp with stock recovery. But keep in mind you will also have to format your internal storage completely because it will give a decryption failed error.
So after you flash stock and when the phone boots up it will ask you to format the internal storage so backup everything if you want to go this way.
The Following User Says Thank You to affection788 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift affection788 Ad-Free
25th May 2019, 09:57 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by affection788

Yes you can flash it over twrp on skydragon and yes it will replace twrp with stock recovery. But keep in mind you will also have to format your internal storage completely because it will give a decryption failed error.
So after you flash stock and when the phone boots up it will ask you to format the internal storage so backup everything if you want to go this way.

Do you know if it will be the same if you are not encrypted, and want to stay not encrypted? Is there a way to do that without formatting (maybe using the patched firmware or theone3os)?
25th May 2019, 01:19 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by groshnack

Do you know if it will be the same if you are not encrypted, and want to stay not encrypted? Is there a way to do that without formatting (maybe using the patched firmware or theone3os)?


mine is decrypted and installed fine and is still decrypted,sorry wrong thread
The Following User Says Thank You to ireaper4592 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ireaper4592 Ad-Free
25th May 2019, 06:59 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Just installed it, the initial look seems good. The phone spent some time optimizing the apps but after that it seems smoother and much cooler looking.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes