FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[News] OxygenOS 3.2.0 update cancelled

297 posts
Thanks Meter: 296

By Xeleth, Senior Member on 5th July 2016, 06:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It seems like OnePlus has temporarily stopped rolling out the OxygenOS 3.2.0 update because of issues while upgrading.
There is currently no ETA available but they are working on resuming the rollout as soon as possible.

Quote:

Due to some reports of issues while upgrading, we are temporarily stopping the rollout to investigate. We will start back up as soon as possible.

Source: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/o...plus-3.453875/

Here are some issues with the 3.2.0 update that people have reported.
Keep in mind that these are unconfirmed at this point:Since the update was already available for some time, the firmware is already available online and can be installed with caution.
You can comment below if you received the update and tell us which country you are from.

EDIT - 7/7/2016
It seems like 3.2.0 update got cancelled and they are now rolling out 3.2.1 instead:
Quote:

Rather than continuing that rollout, we’re skipping right ahead to 3.2.1.

Source: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/o...#post-15056543
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xeleth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xeleth Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 07:24 PM |#2  
Flag Back East
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I was on a custom ROM so I didn't receive the OTA but I've installed it from the firmware download and haven't had any issues.
5th July 2016, 07:33 PM |#3  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Canada, I was running 3.1.3 out of the box. I ADB pushed the 3.2.0 008-->010 OTA file posted on XDA and have no issues at all.
5th July 2016, 07:47 PM |#4  
Flag Itzehoe
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Germany, flashed full ROM via TWRP, no issues here
5th July 2016, 07:48 PM |#5  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 405

More
I have the 3.2 update, but i have IMEI for both SIM, and my phone booted, even root and xposed is working fine, Alert Slider is working like before. I feel sorry for those whos phone can't boot/IMEI missing :/
5th July 2016, 07:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
3.2.0 working just fine here also... (Germany)
The Following User Says Thank You to hasenbein1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hasenbein1966 Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 07:56 PM |#7  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 875

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeleth

Here are some issues with the 3.2.0 update that people have reported.
Keep in mind that these are unconfirmed at this point:

I'd like to use this mention to tell all of you that you can confirm for yourself that your IMEI is being sent over HTTP to the OPPO/OP servers.

As I've posted on the OnePlus forums:
Quote:

You can check it for yourself by using a tool such as mitmproxy and telling your device to proxy all its traffic through mitmproxy. Every time you press the button you'll see the post request appear and you can see what they're sending.

I'm not going to explain how to install mitmproxy, since they have some pretty good documentation on how to do this on their wiki. By all means, have a look and try it for yourself. It's not too hard to install, and this way you can see and confirm the issue with your own eyes. Either way, it should look something like this:

(for obvious reasons, I've blurred out my IMEI + imgur link, XDA keeps messing up my image inclusion for some reason)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B1nny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift B1nny Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 08:09 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny

I'd like to use this mention to tell all of you that you can confirm for yourself that your IMEI is being sent over HTTP to the OPPO/OP servers.

As I've posted on the OnePlus forums:
I'm not going to explain how to install mitmproxy, since they have some pretty good documentation on how to do this on their wiki. By all means, have a look and try it for yourself. It's not too hard to install, and this way you can see and confirm the issue with your own eyes. Either way, it should look something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/rFdkfVU.png
for obvious reasons, I've blurred out my IMEI)

This could turn out really bad if their OTA servers cannot force SSL without a client-side update.
I seriously hope they have identified this problem and delayed the 3.2.0 update as a result.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
5th July 2016, 08:28 PM |#9  
Flag J'Ville
Thanks Meter: 4,267

Donate to Me
More
That's y u just unlock the bootloader and install twrp then flash the full 3.2.0 zip and no need for OTAs, its still covered under warranty, I just don't understand why someone would buy a Oneplus 3 and ont do any of that
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bradl79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bradl79 Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 08:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I'm a German user and have it already. For me none of the posted issues apply. Even two SIM cards in the phone (Telekom and Congstar).

I just don't see any improvements. The sRGB mode is not useful as white turns into yellow which looks bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soooalleine For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soooalleine Ad-Free
5th July 2016, 09:23 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradl79

That's y u just unlock the bootloader and install twrp then flash the full 3.2.0 zip and no need for OTAs, its still covered under warranty, I just don't understand why someone would buy a Oneplus 3 and ont do any of that

Being cautious with things like unlocking the bootloader and flashing OTAs makes sense when the device is still new. There have been cases where low-level actions have lead to undocumented restrictions like degradation of camera quality. Making sure changes to the device are reversible and firmware versions safe is actually pretty clever, but usually not necessary with manufacturers like OnePlus. I still wouldn't flash an update which got cancelled in the middle of a rollout, since I feel like they wouldn't cancel a rollout unless it was something serious.

These updates could also be region restricted for reasons like radio optimization or extended carrier support.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3.2.0, delayed, oxygenos, update

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)