FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Was this thread useful

Yes
 
47 Vote(s)
61.04%
Kind of
 
14 Vote(s)
18.18%
Nope
 
16 Vote(s)
20.78%

OxygenOs 4.0.1 OTA released (available now)

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 558
 
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2017, 09:58 PM |#101  
Junior Member
Flag Ambala, Haryana
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by playerboys10

Which recovery did you use? Twrp.28?

yes i did, i first downloaded the full zip, wiped cache,dalvik,data and tried flashing, twrp hung up while flashing i force rebooted to system to find that ph is rebooting to twrp again and again, then i took the boot.img from 4.0 zip and flashed it in boot partition , the 4.0.1 i tried got booted but since then ph is not recognised in bootloader and have stock recovery somehow
The Following User Says Thank You to canceric For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift canceric Ad-Free
 
 
7th January 2017, 11:44 PM |#102  
GianniDPC's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
Can I update coming from Open Beta 10?
Edit: Nvm it works!
7th January 2017, 11:54 PM |#103  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_0829

It's not working for me either. Was on 4.0 & on modified TWRP. downloaded 4.0.1 update & it rebooted for installation. But as I was not on stock recovery, I expected it won't work, so I tried to reboot back to system. But it was rebooting to recovery again & again.

Tried to install stock recovery so it could try to finish the pending OTA upgrade, but then stock recovery didn't even booted. was just a black screen. Installed latest recovery suggested by you, it boots up, but flashing any OS be it CM 14.1 or Freedom (marshmallow) or 4.0 full OTA but it just boot backs to recovery.

Any help on this any one?


This worked for me I flashed supersu latest beta and everything is normal again.
I now am fully encrypted and with latest unofficial Recovery I can decrypt.
8th January 2017, 12:10 AM |#104  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
How is the best way to install with root this update??
8th January 2017, 12:30 AM |#105  
nmlssit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 255
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2511

3T users please stop spamming in this forum, go on your forum. PORCODIO

Amen reverendo.
8th January 2017, 01:19 AM |#106  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssToast

I found a way to flash the 36MB OTA file in TWRP without downloading the full 4.0.1 zip. The OTA fails because SuperSU or Magisk modifies the boot.img

1. Dirty flash the full 4.0 zip
2. Flash 4.0.1 OTA
3. Flash SuperSU/Magisk

I am using the latest TWRP by eng.stk

If I'm currently on f2fs and i follow this method does it not back to ext4?
8th January 2017, 02:25 AM |#107  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snippem

Question could you link the boot image so it can be downloaded ?
Or can you show the path?


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Open the zip file in winrar or winzip and you will find it straight away... Also i would suggest before going to recovery for 4.0.1 install, reboot to bootloader and install recovery, then proceed further...
8th January 2017, 02:54 AM |#108  
kuulbhaskar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 42
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssToast

I found a way to flash the 36MB OTA file in TWRP without downloading the full 4.0.1 zip. The OTA fails because SuperSU or Magisk modifies the boot.img

1. Dirty flash the full 4.0 zip
2. Flash 4.0.1 OTA
3. Flash SuperSU/Magisk

I am using the latest TWRP by eng.stk

thanks man it worked like charm !!

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheadows

If I'm currently on f2fs and i follow this method does it not back to ext4?

no, you remain in f2fs only
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kuulbhaskar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuulbhaskar Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 08:52 AM |#109  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The above method is not working for me!! The phone reboots into the TWRP again and again. Any help??
8th January 2017, 09:13 AM |#110  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Friends, I've made a terrible mistake. I've spent half an hour Googling to no avail, I think I just can't see the solution because I'm frustrated.

I chose to OTA and downloaded through the "System Updates" in 4.0. When I rebooted, I received a TWRP prompt asking for a password to decrypt the phone. I tried rebooting, of course it gave me the same. I tried default_password, didn't work.

I am sure this is a bootloop of some kind & I'm wondering if I can reflash TWRP to fix it. I have a full nandroid backup, but it's on the phone itself and I obviously can't see it right now. There has to be some way to reset the flag I couldn't find.

I don't even need to install the update at this point, I'm happy to stay on 4.0 and just reboot to the system. I don't know where else to post this, thanks for your help.

EDIT: A solution was discovered, keep reading it's a few posts ahead.
8th January 2017, 09:36 AM |#111  
Alttu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudersoft

Friends, I've made a terrible mistake. I've spent half an hour Googling to no avail, I think I just can't see the solution because I'm frustrated.

I chose to OTA and downloaded through the "System Updates" in 4.0. When I rebooted, I received a TWRP prompt asking for a password to decrypt the phone. I tried rebooting, of course it gave me the same. I tried default_password, didn't work.

I am sure this is a bootloop of some kind & I'm wondering if I can reflash TWRP to fix it. I have a full nandroid backup, but it's on the phone itself and I obviously can't see it right now. There has to be some way to reset the flag I couldn't find.

I don't even need to install the update at this point, I'm happy to stay on 4.0 and just reboot to the system. I don't know where else to post this, thanks for your help.

You can flash official recovery via Fastboot and then you get it to boot in system..


Edit. Or try to flash this modified TWRP by engine.st
https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...t/dl/?id=22429
The Following User Says Thank You to Alttu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alttu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes