Open beta 35 released today

Open beta 35 released today

Attachments

• TMPDOODLE1524567703907.jpg
    TMPDOODLE1524567703907.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 977

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
I am still on 3.2.8 with root and TWRP (3.1.0) and would like to make the jump to OB35 (because of face unlock)
Can I just clean flash the full ROM with TWRP ?
And will it keep TWRP or do I need to flash again ?

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am still on 3.2.8 with root and TWRP (3.1.0) and would like to make the jump to OB35 (because of face unlock)
Can I just clean flash the full ROM with TWRP ?
And will it keep TWRP or do I need to flash again ?
You can clean flash the ROM without issue. It is better to switch over to eng.stk's TWRP. Yours is too old and may not take kindly to Oreo.

The TWRP will be overwritten by stock recovery, so after flashing the ROM, without rebooting, flash TWRP again. For some people (including me) even this is not sufficient. You will have to flash Magisk immediately after flashing TWRP and then boot.

Reactions: TaranQ

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
You can clean flash the ROM without issue. It is better to switch over to eng.stk's TWRP. Yours is too old and may not take kindly to Oreo.

The TWRP will be overwritten by stock recovery, so after flashing the ROM, without rebooting, flash TWRP again. For some people (including me) even this is not sufficient. You will have to flash Magisk immediately after flashing TWRP and then boot.

Thank for tyhe quick reply! Where can I find Blu Spark TWRP? I searched but everything points to the kernel pages??

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011

ohw thanks! I've been there but must have overlooked :)

Reactions: nikhil.agrawal

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Btw can I flash latest TWRP no matter what Android version? I'm on MM 3.2.8

Wipe the system, data (excluding internal storage), Dalvik Cache and Cache using the existing TWRP. Flash the ROM also using the same TWRP. Then flash Blu_Spark's TWRP and then Magisk. Do not flash SuperSU as it is not compatible.

You can also flash Blu_Spark's TWRP first and boot back into recovery before wiping and flashing ROM. But you have to again flash TWRP after that as I stated in my earlier post.

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
Tanks that must be clear now I can flash the ROM using my existing old TWRP but have to flash the new TWRP as the old might not work with Oreo.
So :
wipe system and data with existing old recovery
Flash ROM
Flash Blu spark TWRP
Flash Magisk

should I flash blu spark kernel also right away? or can I do that later?

Last edited:

sjmik

Feb 7, 2011
Tanks that must be clear now I can flash the ROM using my existing old TWRP but have to flash the new TWRP as the old might not work with Oreo.
So :
wipe system and data with existing old recovery
Flash ROM
Flash Blu spark TWRP
Flash Magisk

should I flash blu spark kernel also right away? or can I do that later?

• Flash new TWRP
  • Enter TWRP
  • Make a backup :)
  • Flash the beta & magisk
  • Wipe caches
  • Boot system

Stock kernel is fine, no need to flash anything else unless you want to.

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
  • Flash new TWRP
  • Enter TWRP
  • Wipe caches
  • Boot system

But still you need to flash new TWRP after flashing ROM in your fourth step otherwise you will have stock recovery ....?

laupuy

Jul 26, 2015
dans tes 22
Google Pixel 3
But still you need to flash new TWRP after flashing ROM in your fourth step otherwise you will have stock recovery ....?
Nope.
You will lose twrp if you boot on stock kernel. That's why you need to flash magisk after the rom and before booting to system (to patch the stock kernel).
@+

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A3003 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Chaplan

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
It didn't went quite smooth. I wiped and tried to flash using the old 3.1.0 TWRP but got error 7. So I flashed Blu spark TWRP and rebooted into new recovery. Than I flashed ROM TWRP again and Magisk. However no root after booting and stock recovery. So I had to flash TWRP over fastboot and flash Magisk again. Now I am running beta 35.
Runs smooth, a bit strange that the double tap to lock is only for OnePlus launcher (I use Nova)

kokesh

Jul 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 9
It didn't went quite smooth. I wiped and tried to flash using the old 3.1.0 TWRP but got error 7. So I flashed Blu spark TWRP and rebooted into new recovery. Than I flashed ROM TWRP again and Magisk. However no root after booting and stock recovery. So I had to flash TWRP over fastboot and flash Magisk again. Now I am running beta 35.
Runs smooth, a bit strange that the double tap to lock is only for OnePlus launcher (I use Nova)
Nova has it as an option, I think under Gestures.

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
Anyone else having random reboots? Not sure what's causing it, but I'm having them when using the phone.

Shafin Uddin

May 21, 2013
Dhaka
  • Flash new TWRP
  • Enter TWRP
  • Wipe caches
  • Boot system

Hello,
i m currently on OB35 and would like to get twarp and magisk. Can u please tell me steps required or show me a guide fot thar.
Thank You.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

• Flash new TWRP
  • Enter TWRP
  • Wipe caches
  • Boot system

Hello,
i m currently on OB35 and would like to get twarp and magisk. Can u please tell me steps required or show me a guide fot thar.
Thank You.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

• Flash new TWRP
  • Enter TWRP
  • Wipe caches
  • Boot system

Hello,
Thank You.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And you can shove your superiority complex up yours. Goodbye.

You know the great thing about not being a mod anymore? Being able to once again tell people the truth with having to worry about PR.

Here is a copy and paste from a post I did a few years ago and a link to the post. Have a peek and the names on the thanks. Maybe you will learn a bit of respect for those here.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16682226

Bottom line is people just cant talk to anyone any damn way they feel. This is not a site to make people popular. Hell I dont give a **** how many people use the kernel, rom, mod, or hack. Act like a fool and you deserve to be banned for good. The rules are here for a reason. Either follow them or leave, your chose.

Now I have had to hold my tounge on this for a while but no longer.
    XDA is a developers site
    XDA is a free forum you are ALLOWED to use. We could make it invite only
    XDA is and always will be about the developers. And before you say without the users there would be no XDA, Bull****, who do you think used the stuff before normal people even knew what a smartphone was......wait for it.........other developers. People that could give good feedback with relavent info. Like Logcats and crash messages. Not just "dahhh this is broken, please fix". And even Maybe help fix what is broken.

XDA is not a place to come and make your phone cool.
    XDA is not the cool place for idiots to hang out.
    XDA is not your friends house
    XDA is not a democracy
    XDA is not a place to make Money.

XDA IS a place to come to learn and share your knowledge. If you are not here for those reasons then you are here for the wrong ones.

I have watched XDA become a place where every dumbass in the world has a smartphone and comes here thinking they have the right to anything. Well guess what? You dont have the right to ****. We share it because we want to and we dont if we dont feel like it. Are the Developers or the Mods required to make you happy? Nope not in the least. Wanna leave. Go ahead. I beg you, please do. The less people that are asking dumb question cause they dont know what they are doing (this is understood when your new, but at least look) or are too lazy to look for it the better.

Dont like what I have to say? I am sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that gives a damn.

Now if you are done with your little temper tantrum. Maybe we can work on figuring out what the issue is. Starting with a logcat. As this is where all bug fixing begins.
    "Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for OnePlus 3 and 3T.

Release notes

Launcher
    Improved search tags in App drawer
    Added "New installs" category tag in App drawer
    Improved app list for hidden space and toolbox
    Camera
    Optimized switching between front and rear camera
    Multimedia
    Added capability to scrub/seek through AAC audio file timelines

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found here. https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Please note:
    If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM found on the downloads page here: http://downloads.oneplus.com/ (requires full data wipe before updating from stable to open beta)
    Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)
    Please note that this is the last open beta for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, we will provide a stable version of OnePlus 3/3T for beta testers to migrate back to stable version of OxygenOS later this month to ensure beta testers will receive regular Android security patch update and so on.

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching."
    Change log for new H2OS beta:

【system】
    - Add "soft" screen color mode, you can choose more suitable for your color mode
    - Optimize the depth cleanup logic to prevent the desktop widget from being cleaned
    【Add an account】
    - Fixed occasional login failure
    【other】
    - Browser application updates to version 3.0.25
    - fix other problems

Source: http://www.h2os.com/download