16th October 2017, 08:14 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilathi

Will the same steps work for magisk?

I do remember someone saying that they have successfully flashed magisk. It involves setting SElinux to permissive from bootloader or something. I don't remember it very well. I will update the OP after I dig up that info.
The Following User Says Thank You to dreams.sri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dreams.sri Ad-Free
16th October 2017, 09:12 AM |#22  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams.sri

I do remember someone saying that they have successfully flashed magisk. It involves setting SElinux to permissive from bootloader or something. I don't remember it very well. I will update the OP after I dig up that info.

Yes I have. But it keeps loosing root. And sometimes doesn't boot in one go. I flashed over ob24 without wiping anything.

Steps:
1. Flash oreo compatible twrp
2. Flash Oreo OB ROM
3. Flash DM-Verity and Force Encryption Disabler For OOS Oreo.zip (credit @Xennet) see https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-op3t-t3688748 for attachment
3. Flash oreo compatible twrp again
4. Flash oneplus3 bootloader from OOS 3.2.6. (credit @baskaflyfer) see https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=305 for attachment
5. Phone off
6. Power on and go straight to bootloader
7. Issue the cmand 'fastboot OEM selinux permissive'
8. Reboot to twrp
9. Flash magisk
10. Flash attached oneplus3 bootloader from open beta 25. you can make a zip yourself using @baskaflyfer zip
11. Flash twrp
12. Reboot to system

Points to note:
1. This should work on dirty flash over ob24
2. Should ensure dm-verity is not triggered
3. Should leave the data partition as is (unencrypted to unencrypted...or encrypted to encrypted)
4. Some steps are redundant, but no harm in doing them to be on safe side
EDIT: 5. flashing the new bootloader again may break magisk. hence removed step 10

Cheers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candiesdoodle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift candiesdoodle Ad-Free
16th October 2017, 09:13 AM |#23  
Flag New Delhi

More
Edit: removed attachments on request
16th October 2017, 10:09 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 2,209

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by candiesdoodle

Attaching the rest of the two files

Please see your PM
16th October 2017, 01:24 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by candiesdoodle

Yes I have. But it keeps loosing root. And sometimes doesn't boot in one go. I flashed over ob24 without wiping anything.

Steps:
1. Flash oreo compatible twrp
2. Flash Oreo OB ROM
3. Flash DM-Verity and Force Encryption Disabler For OOS Oreo.zip (credit @Xennet) see https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-op3t-t3688748 for attachment
3. Flash oreo compatible twrp again
4. Flash oneplus3 bootloader from OOS 3.2.6. (credit @baskaflyfer) see https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=305 for attachment
5. Phone off
6. Power on and go straight to bootloader
7. Issue the cmand 'fastboot OEM selinux permissive'
8. Reboot to twrp
9. Flash magisk
10. Flash attached oneplus3 bootloader from open beta 25. you can make a zip yourself using @baskaflyfer zip
11. Flags twrp
12. Reboot to system

Points to note:
1. This should work on dirty flash over ob24
2. Should ensure dm-verity is not triggered
3. Should leave the data partition as is (unencrypted to unencrypted...or encrypted to encrypted)
4. Some steps are redundant, but no harm in doing them to be on safe side
EDIT: 5. flashing the new bootloader again may break magisk. hence removed step 10

Cheers.

Thanks for the steps. Mind if I add this to OP?
16th October 2017, 01:58 PM |#26  
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:

Thanks for the steps. Mind if I add this to OP?

Sure go ahead
16th October 2017, 04:20 PM |#27  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 1,105

Donate to Me
More
just tested Backup , full wipe and restore using this TWRP (on latest Oreo beta) ... works great.
great work @akhilnarang
The Following User Says Thank You to theduke7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theduke7 Ad-Free
16th October 2017, 10:24 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@dreams.sri
sorry my english, what meen
11. Flags twrp??
greets, toptool
17th October 2017, 07:01 AM |#29  
Flag ��THE BIG APPLE ��
Thanks Meter: 490

More
Quote:

1. Flash Stock Recovery.
2. Sideload Oreo Zip
3. Flash Oreo Compatible TWRP
4. Flash SuperSU

Your recovery will never be overwritten as long as after flashing stock zip u flash SuperSU but make sure after flashing stock zip u go to mount and make sure system is mounted then flash super su then all will be good no need to flash the twrp after. The reason for making sure that the system is mounted after flashing stock zip is because super su install in system mode if not mounted. Hope I've helped someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to genuine55 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift genuine55 Ad-Free
17th October 2017, 07:11 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by genuine55

Your recovery will never be overwritten as long as after flashing stock zip u flash SuperSU but make sure after flashing stock zip u go to mount and make sure system is mounted then flash super su then all will be good no need to flash the twrp after. The reason for making sure that the system is mounted after flashing stock zip is because super su install in system mode if not mounted. Hope I've helped someone.

Thanks for the tip!
The Following User Says Thank You to dreams.sri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dreams.sri Ad-Free
17th October 2017, 07:12 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toptool

@dreams.sri
sorry my english, what meen
11. Flags twrp??
greets, toptool

Not sure what you mean by that bro.. You mean flash TWRP?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)