Unable to Flash Custom Recovery - OP3 Open Beta 30

Search This thread

anandpandey

Dec 20, 2011
Hi All,

I am facing issues with flashing any custom recovery on my oneplus 3 device running on open beta 30.
Everytime I flash a recovery, it says finished without an error but throw me back to stock recovery, After searching some available option I can across several links and tried following suggestions so far:

1) used "Fastboot boot recovery.img": Error "FAILED (remote: bootimage header fields are invalid)"
Thought the downloaded recovery file is corrupted, downloaded it from official site and other locations, all with same hash value and same problem

2) Searched an option to disable "update cm recovery", unable to location this setting on my device :eek:

3) Tried to flash recovery then poweroff and then reboot to recovery using power button and volume down key, did not worked.

recoveries I have tried:
blu_spark TWRP and original TWRP

device-info:
(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
(bootloader) Have console: false
(bootloader) Selinux type: <none>
(bootloader) Boot_mode: normal
(bootloader) Kmemleak_detect: false
(bootloader) force_training: false

Anyone faced similar issue or found a way to fix this ?

Note: Device not rooted, bootloader unlocked.

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks, that was the first thing i tried. :cool:

Did you try flashing SuperSU immediately after flashing TWRP and before booting into system?

When I flashed TWRP alone, I could boot back into TWRP but after booting into system, the next boot to recovery will take me to the stock one. I solved it by flashing SuperSu immediately after flashing TWRP.

anandpandey

Dec 20, 2011
Did you try flashing SuperSU immediately after flashing TWRP and before booting into system?

When I flashed TWRP alone, I could boot back into TWRP but after booting into system, the next boot to recovery will take me to the stock one. I solved it by flashing SuperSu immediately after flashing TWRP.

The problem with this approach is that I cound never reach to TWRP so to flash SuperSu or Magisk.
Soon after I flash TWRP, the repory enters into a loop.

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Still not able to flash a custom rom, any other suggested options ?
Told you already to flash SuperSu. Don't use TWRP to flash SuperSu. Use adb.

If I were you, I would wipe system, data, Dalvik and cache and flash the ROM first, all using adb. Then boot into the ROM. Then using adb, flash blu_spark's TWRP v 8.61 and immediately thereafter flash SuperSu v 2.79 SR5, again using adb. Then boot into TWRP and then into system.

pcesar.cercal

Nov 17, 2014
Coimbra
I after getting the beta31 I ran out of dash charger and also could not get the recovery oos

so I went back to 5.0.1 and did not go back to giving the cherzer dash. I got now I put the beta 31 and firmware of beta 30