Search This thread

deepak jr

Apr 13, 2017
London
sneakytime.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
00-banner.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
Code:
* QS Rows and Colums
* Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
* Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
* Power Menu Items
* Battery LED light settings
* Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
* AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
* Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
* Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

Also, you can check a full list of Features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
Code:
* Shishu (For being there)
* Ground Zero ROMs Team
* AOSPExtended
* ABC ROMs
* NitrogenOS
* AICP
* DirtyUnicorns
* Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
* fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
* OmniROM
* CyanogenMod/LineageOS
* PixelExperience
* PureNexus
* merothh
* Resurrection Remix
* AOSiP
* CrDroid
* CypherOS
* PureKat
* theimpulson
* MatiHalperin
* Project Xtended
* Pixeldust Project
* AquariOS
* Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
* PixysOS 
* The Memedo Testers team
* Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
* You for your interest on our project

Also if you got some ideas,bug fixes, stability improvements or want to help to support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources part) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), will be really appreciated. Got some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:
Bootleggers ROM
Android File Host mirror
GApps:
Opengapps

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
OnePlus 3/3T device trees
Kernel tree
Bootleggers Github

XDA:DevDB Information
Bootleggers, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
deepak jr
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: 9.0.2

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.5.1
Stable Release Date: 2020-05-01

Created 2020-03-02
Last Updated 2020-07-12

G

GuestK00458

@deepak jr, thank you for again a very nice ROM!

Because it is unofficial, what can we expect?
Is this a one time only or can we expect weekly or at least monthly updates?
Have used Bootleggers in the past but unfortunately had to change Rom's because of missing updates ;)

deepak jr

Apr 13, 2017
London
sneakytime.com
OnePlus 8 Pro

Have used Bootleggers in the past but unfortunately had to change Rom's because of missing updates ;)

I'm planning to maintain it Officially and ill provide weekly updates.

Glad you liked it. I'll be working on this rom over the weekend and hopefully release an update this sunday. :)

Awesome, thank you very much just wondering will there be device-specific options added in the future? I noticed there was no options for OnePlus screen gestures as well as the notification silence switch.

Great job on the ROM though, all of us OP3/T users are lucky to have amazing devs like yourself keep this device alive!

deepak jr

Apr 13, 2017
London
sneakytime.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
Awesome, thank you very much just wondering will there be device-specific options added in the future? I noticed there was no options for OnePlus screen gestures as well as the notification silence switch.

Great job on the ROM though, all of us OP3/T users are lucky to have amazing devs like yourself keep this device alive!

Adding the option for the tri-state key has always been a PITA, but i am working on it and it should be out soon.

G

GuestK00458

Good to see Bootleggers going official @deepak jr, great work! :good:
After opening the topic I asked you what your plans were about updates etc... Because you are in the official build process now I suppose, does anything change about that or do you still have planned weekly builds?

Anyway, nice to see Bootleggers is official now!
When I had two phones, one would probably be used with this ROM and I am sure I will try it out again some day.

-------------

@gFknQ; something for you as one of the old supporters of Bootleggers? ;)

Last edited:

rageyoudown

Dec 14, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
Installed latest! So far so good, setup everything was fine besides my home button which didn't start to work until I put in fingerprints..
Feels quick and responsive. The bootleggers launcher for me lacks most settings I enjoy however lawnchair 2 works great.

Thanks for your hard work, can we expect to ever see OTA updates?

*edit* After being on the ROM for a couple hours now I do notice an issue with fingerprint not working on majority of apps, however works on the rom itself like lockscreen and magisk.

Last edited:

deepak jr

Apr 13, 2017
London
sneakytime.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
Good to see Bootleggers going official @deepak jr, great work! :good:
After opening the topic I asked you what your plans were about updates etc... Because you are in the official build process now I suppose, does anything change about that or do you still have planned weekly builds?

Anyway, nice to see Bootleggers is official now!
When I had two phones, one would probably be used with this ROM and I am sure I will try it out again some day.

-------------

@gFknQ; something for you as one of the old supporters of Bootleggers? ;)
It's going to have weekly releases from now ^_^

Reactions: kenny_cfc

deepak jr

Apr 13, 2017
London
sneakytime.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
Installed latest! So far so good, setup everything was fine besides my home button which didn't start to work until I put in fingerprints..
Feels quick and responsive. The bootleggers launcher for me lacks most settings I enjoy however lawnchair 2 works great.

Thanks for your hard work, can we expect to ever see OTA updates?

*edit* After being on the ROM for a couple hours now I do notice an issue with fingerprint not working on majority of apps, however works on the rom itself like lockscreen and magisk.
I'll check the issue with the fp and try to fix it in the next build ?

exLSD

Feb 4, 2016
Everything works very smoothly.
But there are a couple of points::
- when you turn on the game mode, a silent notification appears. If you click on it, then the game mode should turn off. (This is indicated there) But nothing happens when I click it.
- When you set up your location in the weather section, the text is always white, that is, invisible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200503-103015_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    Screenshot_20200503-103015_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Screenshot_20200503-085551732.jpg
    Screenshot_20200503-085551732.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

rageyoudown

Dec 14, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
@deepak jr

After being on the ROM longer I have noticed the notification sound was defaulted to nothing. I also noticed on the hardware notification slider it has bottom as ring, middle position as vibrate but the top position is silence/ring as it will say both when switching to it.

Last edited:

exLSD

Feb 4, 2016
Can I ask you to add boot animation from an unofficial build? It's just incredible there.

deepak jr

Apr 13, 2017
London
sneakytime.com
OnePlus 8 Pro
@deepak jr

After being on the ROM longer I have noticed the notification sound was defaulted to nothing. I also noticed on the hardware notification slider it has bottom as ring, middle position as vibrate but the top position is silence/ring as it will say both when switching to it.
About the alert slider, you'll have to change the option in the device extras page in the settings app for it to show ring, vibrate and silent. And about the notification sound, I'll check if it's the issue with everyone and I'll work on it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    00-banner.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
    Code:
    * QS Rows and Colums
    * Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
    * Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
    * Power Menu Items
    * Battery LED light settings
    * Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
    * AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
    * Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
    * Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

Also, you can check a full list of Features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
    Code:
    * Shishu (For being there)
    * Ground Zero ROMs Team
    * AOSPExtended
    * ABC ROMs
    * NitrogenOS
    * AICP
    * DirtyUnicorns
    * Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
    * fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
    * OmniROM
    * CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    * PixelExperience
    * PureNexus
    * merothh
    * Resurrection Remix
    * AOSiP
    * CrDroid
    * CypherOS
    * PureKat
    * theimpulson
    * MatiHalperin
    * Project Xtended
    * Pixeldust Project
    * AquariOS
    * Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
    * PixysOS 
    * The Memedo Testers team
    * Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
    * You for your interest on our project

Also if you got some ideas,bug fixes, stability improvements or want to help to support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources part) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), will be really appreciated. Got some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:
    Bootleggers ROM
    Android File Host mirror
    GApps:
    Opengapps

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
    OnePlus 3/3T device trees
    Kernel tree
    Bootleggers Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bootleggers, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    deepak jr
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 9.0.2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-05-01

Created 2020-03-02
    Last Updated 2020-07-12

I'm planning to maintain it Officially and ill provide weekly updates.
    Going Official :D
    Clean Flash recommended as i rebased the trees for this build
    Changelogs:
    Bootleggers Changelogs
    Download links are updated in the forum. Hope you guys enjoy this builds;)
    Good looking ROM feels smooth enough. Here are a couple screenshots.
    Developer, are you ok? Should I wait for the development of the project?
    New update coming very soon. Get hyped xD