FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][HAVOC-OS-2.2 - 2.4]Coconut Kernel with Nethunter Support[HolyDragon Source]

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By fredrickz, Member on 7th March 2019, 12:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Coconut Kernel for HAVOC OS - With Nethunter Support

Code:
***I'm not responsible for any problems that might occur flashing this kernel or what you do with the kernel support***
This kernel is tested on HAVOC OS 2.2 - 2.4 PIE. This is built from HolyDragon Source with added nethunter support/USB Wifi Adapter Drivers and monitor mode/packet injection

The kernel should also work on every ROM that Holydragon kernel supports.

Requirements

Oxygen OS 5.0.8 firmware is required. The wifi adapter wont work on older firmwares. Those who are using Havoc OS would most probably be on 5.0.8 firmware so this is just a remainder for others and/or anyone who have trouble making this work.

How to install

Make sure that you are rooted with magisk/supersu/any superuser
Download kernel from attachment and flash in TWRP Recovery
Reboot and download any terminal app like Termux
Plugin the USB Wifi card and open Termux
Type the command su
Then type ifconfig wlan1 up
This is how you can test whether it works or not

The kernel works fine with Nethunter as well as other chroot applications like Linux Deploy.

Note:- This kernel does not need any module to be inserted as all wifi drivers are compiled inline. So no need to insmod/modprobe

Credits
@HolyAngel for HolyDragon Kernel Source

Source
https://gitlab.com/HolyAngel/OP3
Attached Files
File Type: zip coconut_holydragon_0.6.0_havoc.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.46 MB, 320 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fredrickz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredrickz Ad-Free

8th March 2019, 08:54 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks sir, this weekend, I test and i say you if I have a problem, but surely not, at this moment it is the kernel that I have but without the controller. I want to learn to compile the kernel on my own so that, in case HolyAngel updates the kernel, it dosn't depend on your work.
8th March 2019, 09:18 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victroid

Thanks sir, this weekend, I test and i say you if I have a problem, but surely not, at this moment it is the kernel that I have but without the controller. I want to learn to compile the kernel on my own so that, in case HolyAngel updates the kernel, it dosn't depend on your work.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ernel-t3627297
Follow the tutorial above for kernel building.
2nd May 2019, 02:49 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
@fredrickz
Any future build for stock oos pie like your Oreo one, it was perfect man thank you for your efforts regard to the community.👍
2nd May 2019, 03:45 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoN LoUhI

@fredrickz
Any future build for stock oos pie like your Oreo one, it was perfect man thank you for your efforts regard to the community.

Stock oos pie source isn't available yet man. I can build pie version from holydragon sources. I'll compile one when stock sources arw available too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredrickz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredrickz Ad-Free
2nd May 2019, 05:45 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrickz

Stock oos pie source isn't available yet man. I can build pie version from holydragon sources. I'll compile one when stock sources arw available too.

Fair enough, thank YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to DoN LoUhI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DoN LoUhI Ad-Free
6th May 2019, 03:21 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,666

More
You explicitly mention this:

Quote:

This is built from HolyDragon Source with added nethunter support/USB Wifi Adapter Drivers and monitor mode/packet injection

And the kernel source points to:

This can only mean 2 things:
1) you've merely taken holydragon kernel source and renamed it as your own or
2) you're actually breaking the GPL here by not releasing your changes

So which one is it?

And this leaves me no doubt that the second is very likely the case:

Quote:

Note:- This kernel does not need any module to be inserted as all wifi drivers are compiled inline. So no need to insmod/modprobe

10th May 2019, 04:06 AM |#8  

More
@Fredricks

It would be more than appreciated if you could add support for HID brother. Thanks
21st May 2019, 10:58 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupritaisno1

You explicitly mention this:

And the kernel source points to:

This can only mean 2 things:
1) you've merely taken holydragon kernel source and renamed it as your own or
2) you're actually breaking the GPL here by not releasing your changes

So which one is it?

And this leaves me no doubt that the second is very likely the case:

I dont want to break any gpl.. the thing is that all my changes are local. Im not used to github. This kernel and all others i posted werr just for my own use. I have been using @ZaneZam kernel for oneplus3. But the Oreo kernel wasnt working fine. Thats the reason i tried to compile one my own. I shared it with a friend of mine some time ago and he insisted that i should post it so that others may also benefit. The kernel i posted doesn't have tonnes of feature list because i mostly stick to stock. I just added the wifi drivers and was using them. My friend asked me to add support for DriveDroid and i just did that. I don't know much about git and didnt have time to learn.
If this is against the rules then maybe ill post the source later. Im currently out of town.

for now if you want to know what changes i did,
1. Prepare the kernel for standalone build (except holydragon kernel)
2. Added just the wifi drivers mentioned in the nethunter wiki. I didnt add support for usb Bluetooth or sdr.
3. Added support for DriveDroid from official post in xda making changes to adapt the code to 3.18 kernel.
4. Added a fancy name to the kernel.
5. Published it.
21st May 2019, 11:00 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoN LoUhI

@Fredricks

It would be more than appreciated if you could add support for HID brother. Thanks

Im out of town bro. Ill add it when i reach home.
The Following User Says Thank You to fredrickz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredrickz Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 02:37 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrickz

Im out of town bro. Ill add it when i reach home.

Very thankful, have a good time..
The Following User Says Thank You to DoN LoUhI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DoN LoUhI Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
coconut, kernel, monitor mode, nethunter, usb wifi drivers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)