FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [blu_spark r116 unified OP3/3T] [OOS 4.1.* / custom ROMs]

4,476 posts
Thanks Meter: 31,122

By eng.stk, Recognized Contributor on 24th June 2016, 12:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from eng.stk: blu_spark r116 unified is up!

Kernel features:
  • Powered by Ubuntu 16.04.2 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
  • Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-6.3 (cortex-a57 targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.04)
  • Full -Os build with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
  • Less is more: stockish OP3/OP3T unified builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996
  • Systemless installer (OTA friendly)
  • Removed some debug and logging options
  • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
  • General upstream and CAF fixes
  • Several CPU Governors (blu_active modded own governor by default - fastlane mode available!)
  • No OC, set 300HZ base timer frequency
  • msm_performace input boost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
  • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks and updated drivers
  • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, tweaked and upstreamed filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS)
  • Removed verify and forced encryption, Set androidboot.verifiedbootstate=green
  • Stock thermal driver by default (custom tunables available for ROMs with no thermal daemon)
  • Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with NEON support)
  • Swap and adaptive LMK off by default, 60 apps on background by default
  • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel, FPR and tristate slider)
  • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (use 133MHz min freq to save juice, goes to idle @ 100MHz)
  • sRGB and KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
  • DASH charge and USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
  • Battery/Notification LED control
  • Multimount fstab (you can use data and cache partitions as f2fs [only data in OOS] or ext4)
  • FS fsync toggle on/off
  • Wakelock blockers available
  • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
  • init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU])
  • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP and TWRP (No mirrors allowed)

Warning: If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> if you want root flash SuperSU or Magisk (default, no plugins) -> flash blu_spark.
If you are already rooted or upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
Builds for OP3/3T are unified (so can be flashed in both devices).

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). If you're using custom ROMs (including OOS based ones), or Open Betas you're on your own. I'm only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
Also don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem (systemless).
You can backup your boot.img with TWRP before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just flash sotck boot.img / dirty flash your full ROM.

Advanced filesystem: If you want to use ext4, do the following (backup your data to external source before attempt this, it will erase all your sdcard data)
  • Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Data -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to ext4
  • Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Cache -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to ext4
  • Reboot and profit
To be back on f2fs, just do the same but choose f2fs instead

If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free

XDA:DevDB Information
blu_spark op3-op3t, Kernel for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
eng.stk
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op3t

Kernel Special Features: Powered by sparky

Version Information
Current Stable Version: r81 unified
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-16
Current Beta Version: r78 unified OB12/3 t
Beta Release Date: 2017-03-14

Created 2016-06-24
Last Updated 2017-03-16

XDA:DevDB Information
blu_spark op3-op3t, Kernel for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
eng.stk
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op3t

Kernel Special Features: Powered by sparky

Version Information
Current Stable Version: r106 unified
Stable Release Date: 2017-04-15
Current Beta Version: r116 unified
Beta Release Date: 2017-04-28

Created 2016-06-24
Last Updated 2017-04-28
The Following 342 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free

24th June 2016, 01:17 PM |#2  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 2,897

Donate to Me
More
wooo great, your kernel for oneplus x is amazing!!!!
welcome
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenzolo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenzolo Ad-Free
24th June 2016, 01:25 PM |#3  
Flag ffm
Thanks Meter: 4,733

Donate to Me
More
Great job
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eliminater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eliminater Ad-Free
24th June 2016, 01:55 PM |#4  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 380

More
Great job!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockafellor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rockafellor Ad-Free
24th June 2016, 02:11 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Whoa was waiting for this one, first experience was on OnePlus X, you made that device fly! Going to try this over the weekend!
The Following User Says Thank You to Razertje For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Razertje Ad-Free
24th June 2016, 02:29 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag sparky

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzolo

wooo great, your kernel for oneplus x is amazing!!!!
welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razertje

Whoa was waiting for this one, first experience was on OnePlus X, you made that device fly! Going to try this over the weekend!

Great to see you guys here

Quote:
Originally Posted by matze19999

Will you add oc?

idk, I have more urgent stuff to add yet
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free
24th June 2016, 03:49 PM |#8  
Flag 30530
Thanks Meter: 194

More
works dash charge?
24th June 2016, 04:17 PM |#9  
Flag sparky

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liver20

works dash charge?

When OnePlus releases the source for it, sure.
Meanwhile no.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free
24th June 2016, 04:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Great! I'll be very happy with this kernel [soon]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris.nl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chris.nl Ad-Free
24th June 2016, 05:11 PM |#11  
Flag sparky

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.nl

Great! I'll be very happy with this kernel [soon]

Welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)