FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[LOS][RR][GZR] Bluetooth Fix for Existing ROMs

513 posts
Thanks Meter: 333

By shadeau, Senior Member on 21st June 2017, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from shadeau: Introducing a flashable zip to fix bluetooth issues with some devices!
Code:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
A lot.
ROMs with Bluetooth Fix!

For several years I have been frustrated with CM and LOS being unable to connect to my car. To compound this, most custom ROMs are based on these ROMs and use the same BT stack making it nearly impossible to find a custom ROM that works with my vehicle. I had assumed that it was hardware driver related until I found that it happened with the Oneplus 3T as well. I was beginning to lose hope.

But thankfully, it turns out that AOSPA uses a different BT stack that actually works with my car, so I spent several weeks researching ROM building and was finally able to build my favorite ROMs with AOSPA's BT stack! I have made a flashable zip using a bluetooth file found in the stock ROM to fix the issues I've been having. The zip is below. If you have a different device and would like this fix feel free to pm me to make a zip or just follow the instructions in post 2 for how to apply the fix in TWRP without a zip.

Disclaimers:
-I only have a Oneplus 3T, not a 3. This zip should work on both, but keep this in mind.
-This will only fix the issues you're having if the ROM you're taking the file from has Bluetooth that works.

BT Fix v1.2

XDA:DevDB Information
[LOS][RR][GZR] Bluetooth Fix for Existing ROMs, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
shadeau, TheCrazyLex, Thecrazyskull, arter97, xboxfanj, chrislahaye, carlosavignano, arzbhatia, scoobyjenkins, martinusbe, otisman, akhilnarang, varund7726, westcrip
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: OOS 4.1.6 or later
Based On: AOSP, LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2
Stable Release Date: 2017-09-20

Created 2017-06-21
Last Updated 2017-11-21
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to shadeau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadeau Ad-Free

21st June 2017, 10:09 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Manual Bluetooth File Replacement Instructions
1) Install the ROM with working bluetooth on your device in TWRP
2) While in TWRP (no need to boot) mount the /system folder
3) Using the file manager navigate to /system/lib/hw, select the bluetooth.default.so file, and tap copy
4) Paste this file somewhere in the base /sdcard directory where it won't be deleted when you factory reset
5) Install your favorite ROM with everything like you normally would/restore it from a backup
6) Mount /system in TWRP again (if it became unchecked or you rebooted)
7) Use the file manager to locate the bluetooth.default.so file that you just placed in your internal memory
8) Copy the file and paste it in /system/lib/hw
9) Reboot and test by connecting to device
10) Enjoy!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shadeau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadeau Ad-Free
21st June 2017, 10:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Troubleshooting
The flashable zip basically does three things:
1) mounts system partition
2) copies modified bluetooth file to system partition
3) unmounts system partition
4) performs update script like all zips

The zip assumes that your system partition is in the normal location (for a 3T) and formatted in ext4 for my script to work. If you have issues then try manually mounting the system partition with TWRP before flashing the zip.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shadeau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadeau Ad-Free
21st June 2017, 10:10 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Reserved2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadeau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadeau Ad-Free
22nd June 2017, 03:10 AM |#5  
Flag Hammond
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Thank you!!! I can't wait to try this! I've had this exact issue! Should the Validus version work with all CAF based ROMs?

Edit: Nevermind. I misunderstood what this was. Still, thank you very much! I cannot wait to try it still!
22nd June 2017, 03:13 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbw716

Thank you!!! I can't wait to try this! I've had this exact issue! Should the Validus version work with all CAF based ROMs?

I've built full ROM zips, so you'll need to do a clean install of the ROM that you prefer and you should be good to go. Hope that helps.
22nd June 2017, 07:04 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Superbbbbbb Thanks, waiting for this fixing for a long time. BT with gear s.3 WORK. Please be keep update.

BTW RR Roms from your file why option in notification slider in additional buttons are difference from the link thread
22nd June 2017, 02:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey this sounds pretty interesting. Bluetooth with my car has been hit or miss since and throughout Android 5, 6 and 7!! They fix, they break, they fix and break it again. I have an OP3.

Understanding that it different in everyone's case on device, car and OS's, but this Bluetooth issue seems to be a pain in *** fors some and that includes me.

So I'm now on OOS 4.0.3, Android 7.0.0 and it works, partially. I can't update to any OOS as I lose metadata, AVRCP and additional BT features connections with my vehicle (Lexus IS 250 F Sport 2015).

I had BJRR, Android 6 on my device and it was all working with no issue. If I was on Stock OS, it connect and plays the sound, but no meta or AVRCP no matter what I tried.

I'm rooted, running TWRP and wondering how this will work out. Sounds very promising and looking forward to hearing some feedback from others it is works.

I am wondering if this will work with GZR's Tesla as well.

Cheers!
22nd June 2017, 05:58 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plepew

Hey this sounds pretty interesting. Bluetooth with my car has been hit or miss since and throughout Android 5, 6 and 7!! They fix, they break, they fix and break it again. I have an OP3.

Understanding that it different in everyone's case on device, car and OS's, but this Bluetooth issue seems to be a pain in *** fors some and that includes me.

So I'm now on OOS 4.0.3, Android 7.0.0 and it works, partially. I can't update to any OOS as I lose metadata, AVRCP and additional BT features connections with my vehicle (Lexus IS 250 F Sport 2015).

I had BJRR, Android 6 on my device and it was all working with no issue. If I was on Stock OS, it connect and plays the sound, but no meta or AVRCP no matter what I tried.

I'm rooted, running TWRP and wondering how this will work out. Sounds very promising and looking forward to hearing some feedback from others it is works.

I am wondering if this will work with GZR's Tesla as well.

Cheers!

I wish you luck in testing it on your car, and as far as GZR's Tesla is concerned: I'd have to build the whole ROM with the BT fix as a separate ROM (these are all full ROM zips) and I probably won't get around to that for a while. I'm sure the fix will work though. I just need to figure out if this is something that can be converted to a flashable zip instead of needing to build the ROM.
22nd June 2017, 06:03 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeau

I wish you luck in testing it on your car, and as far as GZR's Tesla is concerned: I'd have to build the whole ROM with the BT fix as a separate ROM (these are all full ROM zips) and I probably won't get around to that for a while. I'm sure the fix will work though. I just need to figure out if this is something that can be converted to a flashable zip instead of needing to build the ROM.

Yes, a flashable zip would be the way to go if possible.

I will try Validus on the weekend and report back if I have success... I've installed in in the past and it's nice. But prefer Tesla due to some features.

Thanks for the quick response!

Cheers!!
22nd June 2017, 08:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2,659

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeau

I just need to figure out if this is something that can be converted to a flashable zip instead of needing to build the ROM.

Should be doable unless framework is involved.
The Following User Says Thank You to silentvisitor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift silentvisitor Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)