FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[LOS][RR][GZR] Bluetooth Fix for Existing ROMs

521 posts
Thanks Meter: 334

By shadeau, Senior Member on 21st June 2017, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from shadeau: Introducing a flashable zip to fix bluetooth issues with some devices!
9th January 2019, 05:32 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just an update for those that may be reading this... I attempted to use the stock ROM bluetooth file, but was unable to find any default.bluetooth.so file. This may be something that only exists in ASOP ROMs...? I also attempted to use the file from my tablet, but no joy there either. When I turned on bluetooth it immediately crashed. I'll look around and see if I can find another custom ROM that uses a different bluetooth stack, and is also marshmallow.

9th January 2019, 06:29 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 9,793

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxGuy

Just an update for those that may be reading this... I attempted to use the stock ROM bluetooth file, but was unable to find any default.bluetooth.so file. This may be something that only exists in ASOP ROMs...? I also attempted to use the file from my tablet, but no joy there either. When I turned on bluetooth it immediately crashed. I'll look around and see if I can find another custom ROM that uses a different bluetooth stack, and is also marshmallow.

The filename is "bluetooth.default.so". It's there on oos:
Code:
[email protected] /usr/local/src $ find oxygenos/ -name bluetooth.default.so
oxygenos/system/lib64/hw/bluetooth.default.so
oxygenos/system/lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so
[email protected] /usr/local/src $
los15 uses a source build version from $BUILD_ROOT/system/bt. los16 doesn't use bluetooth.default.so.
9th January 2019, 09:36 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvertigo67

The filename is "bluetooth.default.so". It's there on oos:

Code:
[email protected] /usr/local/src $ find oxygenos/ -name bluetooth.default.so
oxygenos/system/lib64/hw/bluetooth.default.so
oxygenos/system/lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so
[email protected] /usr/local/src $
los15 uses a source build version from $BUILD_ROOT/system/bt. los16 doesn't use bluetooth.default.so.

nvertigo67: Oops, talk about a typo on my part! I actually knew that the file was bluetooth.default.so ,not the other way around. I have since installed CyanogenMod 12.1 in a spare slot, and found that the bluetooth on that KitKat version works perfectly with my earpiece. I attempted to take that bluetooth.default.so file and use it with the CM 13.0 Marshmallow version that I have installed, but bluetooth won't turn on (as soon as I flip the slider to on, it automatically flips back to off).

Do you know if it's possible to use the CM 12.1 bluetooth.default.so file with CM 13.0 in some sort of custom build? As for OOS, I would try that one, but I didn't see a version for my phone which is a Motorola Droid 4 (Masarati).

Thanks for the reply and the help!

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

...or does the bluetooth.default.so file not change when built for the different hardware profiles? I just don't know enough about this yet. I don't suppose this is the case because I tried the bluetooth.default.so file from my tablet running Marshmallow and it crashes as soon as I activate bluetooth. Thus, I assumed that I needed something that was made for my specific phone.
9th January 2019, 09:38 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxGuy

nvertigo67: Oops, talk about a typo on my part! I actually knew that the file was bluetooth.default.so ,not the other way around. I have since installed CyanogenMod 12.1 in a spare slot, and found that the bluetooth on that KitKat version works perfectly with my earpiece. I attempted to take that bluetooth.default.so file and use it with the CM 13.0 Marshmallow version that I have installed, but bluetooth won't turn on (as soon as I flip the slider to on, it automatically flips back to off).

Do you know if it's possible to use the CM 12.1 bluetooth.default.so file with CM 13.0 in some sort of custom build? As for OOS, I would try that one, but I didn't see a version for my phone which is a Motorola Droid 4 (Masarati).

Thanks for the reply and the help!

I got your PM and I'll respond to that since I still need to fix my subscription not sending me emails. OOS is the stock ROM for the OnePlus series of phones. Since you're running a Droid 4 it's not applicable.
16th March 2019, 03:29 AM |#105  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@shadeau, thanks so much for your helpful and tireless work!! I SO MUCH wanted this to work but unfortunately it didn't. I did this exact manual procedure as follows. I have a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 and copied the bluetooth.default.so file from;

LineageOS v 13.0 (for my device name "latte") with bluetooth working .... over to Resurrection Remix v 5.7.4 where bluetooth still doesn't work afterwards.

The toggle for Bluetooth goes ON but cannot scan nor is visible to other devices. Any further suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeau

Manual Bluetooth File Replacement Instructions
1) Install the ROM with working bluetooth on your device in TWRP
2) While in TWRP (no need to boot) mount the /system folder
3) Using the file manager navigate to /system/lib/hw, select the bluetooth.default.so file, and tap copy
4) Paste this file somewhere in the base /sdcard directory where it won't be deleted when you factory reset
5) Install your favorite ROM with everything like you normally would/restore it from a backup
6) Mount /system in TWRP again (if it became unchecked or you rebooted)
7) Use the file manager to locate the bluetooth.default.so file that you just placed in your internal memory
8) Copy the file and paste it in /system/lib/hw
9) Reboot and test by connecting to device
10) Enjoy!

16th March 2019, 05:37 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billlum

@shadeau, thanks so much for your helpful and tireless work!! I SO MUCH wanted this to work but unfortunately it didn't. I did this exact manual procedure as follows. I have a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 and copied the bluetooth.default.so file from;

LineageOS v 13.0 (for my device name "latte") with bluetooth working .... over to Resurrection Remix v 5.7.4 where bluetooth still doesn't work afterwards.

The toggle for Bluetooth goes ON but cannot scan nor is visible to other devices. Any further suggestions?

My first suggestion is to clear the cache and data for the any app related to bluetooth, force close the app, reboot the phone, and try again. If that doesn't work then this is the second non-Qualcomm device that is having issues with the bluetooth fix. Your case is even odder than the Motorola since both the ROMs are the same version of android. In fact since RR is based off of Lineage I'm surprised that it's not working (unless they're both unofficial ports). If you post links for both the ROMs I will try to do the same thing that I've been attempting for @DmaxGuy and edit the files before compiling. Hopefully I won't have the same issues since it seems that some of the Devs for these ROMs have moved on to other devices.
17th March 2019, 02:26 AM |#107  
Flag Seattle

More
OK, I repeated the manual procedure 3 times now and still no luck with Bluetooth. Really weird! What apps should I be looking for that's Bluetooth related to try force close/clear cache/ clear data?

And btw, I think the LineageOS v 13.0 and ResurrectionRemix-M-v 5.7.4 20170310-latte ROMs are "UNOFFICIAL" versions. But I can't post those links here apparently coz I'm just a junior member?
17th March 2019, 05:40 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billlum

OK, I repeated the manual procedure 3 times now and still no luck with Bluetooth. Really weird! What apps should I be looking for that's Bluetooth related to try force close/clear cache/ clear data?

And btw, I think the LineageOS v 13.0 and ResurrectionRemix-M-v 5.7.4 20170310-latte ROMs are "UNOFFICIAL" versions. But I can't post those links here apparently coz I'm just a junior member?

Go to the settings menu, open the apps setting, ensure that system apps are displayed, and find Bluetooth (the main one). Your phone might have other apps related to Bluetooth, but you probably don't need to mess with them. Try PMing me the links or post them as text instead of a link and I can paste them into my browser.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadeau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadeau Ad-Free
18th March 2019, 05:55 AM |#109  
Flag Seattle

More
Bluetooth works here;

drive.google.com/file/d/1JMjHW6Gkjff_tbUDPdlJTRboE4AGuyer/view

Bluetooth doesn't here;

drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B-Fin8UxrD6PVGZyVHc1aTN5V2s

Tried the Settings>Bluetooth>Forced stop, still didn't fix the issue.

THANKS!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)