Omni Gerrit Review

Disclaimer
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 */

DOWNLOADS:
Weekly builds

Because of the nature of Xposed framework, NO SUPPORT will be given to those running Xposed framework on Omni 7
CHANGELOG:
Code:
[CENTER]
2017 01 29 - Initial Release[/CENTER]

Be certain to do a full backup of your music, photos, data, apps, call logs, sms/text and so on before flashing.
Coming from a firmware version prior official 4.x, you must flash 4.0.2 official Oxygen OS (NO BETA) and do a full wipe, then flash TWRP, then full wipe, then flash OmniROM.
You MUST DO A FULL WIPE, whether you are coming from homemade builds , or a previous version of OmniROM, because OmniROM is signed with different keys, and it will not boot otherwise.
GAPPS must be flashed BEFORE initial boot, they will NOT work properly if you flash them afterwards !!!

KNOWN BUGS:

Code:
[CENTER]- You tell us ;)
[/CENTER]

Omni only supports TWRP recovery, use any alternate recovery at your own risk.

RECOMMENDED TWRP

Link to official TWRP for Oneplus 3/3t thread

Bug reports will only be accepted with a full logcat, impossible to debug otherwise !

Some changes are taken from LineageOS
LineageOS Source

XDA:DevDB Information
Omni 7 for Oneplus 3/3t, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
kldoc, maxwen, scanno
Source Code: https://www.github.com/omnirom

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: 4.0.2
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-01-31
Last Updated 2017-02-02

Martin_Ro

Jan 9, 2012
Essen, Germany
OnePlus 9 Pro
Short report of first weekly:

Battery and overall performance is pretty good, everything works as expected.

Some things I found:
1. Scroll speed is a bit low, doesn't feel as smooth as Laos or OOS
2. Fingerprint sensor isn't working always after opening the flipcase

Beside that this is a real good custom ROM. Only thing I miss featurewise is the settings to configure hardware buttons (long press and double tab)

kldoc

May 26, 2010

Some things I found:

Beside that this is a real good custom ROM. Only thing I miss featurewise is the settings to configure hardware buttons (long press and double tab)

Thanks for your feedback, glad you're enjoying OmniROM :) Will investigate about the scrollspeed. I don't have a flipcase, and didn't experience your issue, but will try to see what can be done for this.

Reactions: Sithu Htun

MarcoLK

Dec 2, 2014
Lübbecke

Some things I found:

Did you flash the right firmware?

FlasHRendeR

Mar 19, 2016
Bangalore

Some things I found:

Try the pocketmodeapp.

Martin_Ro

Jan 9, 2012
Essen, Germany
OnePlus 9 Pro
Did you flash the right firmware?

Thanks for your answer and yes, I do use the right firmware. It works most times, but sometimes it seems to not correctly get the "Proximity Sensor is free" information. But that can be also a hardware issue as I have had that on OOS too, also not that often (and only one time at LAOS) so I thought it might be worth mentioning.

I did some Android ROM development myself (PSX, Exodus) so I know how frustrating it could be if only one user reports an issue. That's why I think it's important that everybody reports such hard unreproducible issues so you at least can see it's not a one user issue only (or maybe see it's an one user issue ;) ) if many report it, there might be chances to find reasons (same app used etc.)

kldoc

May 26, 2010
Thanks for your answer and yes, I do use the right firmware. It works most times, but sometimes it seems to not correctly get the "Proximity Sensor is free" information. But that can be also a hardware issue as I have had that on OOS too, also not that often (and only one time at LAOS) so I thought it might be worth mentioning.

I did some Android ROM development myself (PSX, Exodus) so I know how frustrating it could be if only one user reports an issue. That's why I think it's important that everybody reports such hard unreproducible issues so you at least can see it's not a one user issue only (or maybe see it's an one user issue ;) ) if many report it, there might be chances to find reasons (same app used etc.)

@maxwen might be able to answer that one, he's also using a flip cover, but I would have heard of it by now if he encountered such issue ... Actually, proximity sensor is hell sensitive on my side (maybe too much ^^').

Reactions: Martin_Ro

NOSTALGIA

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 11, 2012
Cebu

were u the guy from oneplus one??

Reactions: Martin_Ro

Renosh

Aug 2, 2014
You're welcome, been a real pleasure to bring both devices to Omni 7, and now to maintain those ;)
We've got a pretty solid team to keep that device updated with awesome features from maxwen :)
Wanted to confirm one thing, the camera is the same as LOS or did you guys manage to pull the blobs from OOS?

Will definitely be happy to be back on Omni soon, maxwen and samstone gave us great builds on OPO

Last edited:

kldoc

May 26, 2010
Wanted to confirm one thing, the camera is the same as LOS or did you guys manage to pull the blobs from OOS?

Will definitely be happy to be back on Omni soon, maxwen and samstone gave us great builds on OPO

Camera is a bit different than LOS although we're still using HAL1 for Snapdragon camera, same as they are, and since it works as is, I prefer to wait for Oneplus to release their stuff for camera before touching (therefore breaking something else) anything. I've got some work planned on this, no ETA, but I really closely look at what's doable. What I want is improved camera features with an acceptable quality. I will keep you informed whenever I make progress on this, but I really can't give an ETA on this :(

Top Liked Posts