[ROM][10.0][OP3/3T][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [oneplus3]

Search This thread

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Which custom kernel did you flash sir?

Watch this space. I'm testing Kernels.

Edit:

Okay, Custom Kernels seem problematic. Using latest build of each:

Caesium - Camera flash issue with stock Camera Apps. (Black image with flash. Known issue for last year). Otherwise performance seemed fine.

MadKernel - Heating and lags.

HolyDragon - Heating and lags

Then there is this post from the OP5 thread:

"Custom kernel are incompatible with device side changes"

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78651121&postcount=1046

I don't know why or whether this even applies to the OP3/T. Perhaps the OP knows more and can shed some light on this.

Also my methodology might be faulty. I initially flashed the ROM with Caesium. Set up the phone. To test the next Kernel i simply flashed it, wiped Cache and rebooted. Same for the next Kernel. Let me know if anybody can see a flaw there. (Maybe if i restored the stock Kernel each time before trying the next one it might be different?).

Lastly, having performance issues with Mad and HD, i reflashed ROM, wiped Cache and rebooted. Performance is back to normal. Smooth as silk!

So it seems to me that Stock Kernel is a must. You are of course all welcome to try for yourselves and report back. With the ROM as it is i'm still passing Safetynet. (Checked with App), and Play Store still says Certified. Could be just that i haven't cleared Data on the Store.

Last edited:

DigiGoon

2) No Encyption but Selinux Enforcing. I flashed with Custom Kernel so Google Pay works.
5) SystemUI Tuner but no option to Hide VPN. Used SystemUI Tuner app from Store.
7) No setting to 'Hide QS Footer Warning'. Really need a way to get rid of this!
10) Most pre-installed apps can be disabled. A few can't. (Messaging, Camera, Gallery, Music)
11) 'SIM 1 is HD capable' notification from 'org.codeauora.ims' package. (Seems to be a LOS thing). Can be swiped away. Setting Notification to 'No Sound or Visual Interruption' killed it for now...
2> will check on encryption when I get some free time. :)
5, 7, 11> will pass on to the creator.
10> You can use Aroma Gapps to remove and install Google Alternatives.

Okay, Custom Kernels seem problematic. Using latest build of each:

Lastly, having performance issues with Mad and HD, i reflashed ROM, wiped Cache and rebooted. Performance is back to normal. Smooth as silk!

So it seems to me that Stock Kernel is a must. You are of course all welcome to try for yourselves and report back. With the ROM as it is i'm still passing Safetynet. (Checked with App), and Play Store still says Certified. Could be just that i haven't cleared Data on the Store.
Maybe flash them after booting to stock kernel first. I don't know much about kernels so I can't comment, sorry :)

Would you be so kind as to tell me if the screenshot delay function and the possibility to hide the battery icon are present?

Thank you very much :)

Battery icon can be hidden. Screenshot delay isn't present as of now, maybe it's there in the source but I missed the overlay or it isn't in the code only, I'll pass this to the creator. :)

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Clean flashed latest. Safetynet out of the box with stock Kernel, as i thought. Really nice! ROM is amazing. So slick. Easily the best Pie ROM for me. Still glitch free and as close to perfection as i've seen yet. :good:

Great work team crDroid!

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
11) 'SIM 1 is HD capable' notification from 'org.codeauora.ims' package. (Seems to be a LOS thing). Can be swiped away. Setting Notification to 'No Sound or Visual Interruption' killed it for now...

That with the HD icon and the HD notifications also disturbed me. I could only switch off the notifications for a maximum of 2 hours at a time. I edited the ims.apk (Deleted the string of device_is_hd_capable and changed the values of config_update_service_status to False in some bools.xml, as it is described here and there...) and now the messages and the icon are off. The VoLTE icon can still be turned on and off. If someone is interested, I made a Magisk module for it:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603903635
Otherwise I didn't notice anything negative yet, only good...:good:

Dirk

May 11, 2009
That with the HD icon and the HD notifications also disturbed me. I could only switch off the notifications for a maximum of 2 hours at a time. I edited the ims.apk (Deleted the string of device_is_hd_capable and changed the values of config_update_service_status to False in some bools.xml, as it is described here and there...) and now the messages and the icon are off. The VoLTE icon can still be turned on and off. If someone is interested, I made a Magisk module for it:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603903635
Otherwise I didn't notice anything negative yet, only good...:good:

I didn't get that notification after clean flashing this weeks build. Maybe it was fixed?

Edit: Scratch that. It's probably because i had 4G turned off. Did you try setting the Notification to 'Show Silently and Minimise'? I'm testing that now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190119-031753_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190119-031753_Settings.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,245
Last edited:

allgrey

Jun 11, 2014
@DigiGoon thanks for the rom!

Bug found: network traffic indicator doesnt appear in statusbar. Tried several times to turn it off and on.
Also, please add Roboto Condensed font and volume controls for ring volume.
Thank you.

Edit: it isn't a bug, it only appears in quicksettings panel, i see now)

Last edited:
Reactions: Subho1999

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
Did you try setting the Notification to 'Show Silently and Minimise'? I'm testing that now.

Somehow I cannot see the wood for the trees... How do you get to that menu? I didn't found it in apps & notifications or elsewhere.
The HD notification I can only snooze for a certain time.

Attachments

• inCollage_20190119_092641728.jpg
    inCollage_20190119_092641728.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 455

shantam3108

Jul 8, 2015
new delhi
OnePlus 5
There's a decent Youtube review here with the ROM running on the OP5

Looks really good!

@DigiGoon

Edit: Flashed it. Just setting it up now. I'll update post with my findings.

1) Coming from RR Oreo, Encypted. Did a swipe-to-wipe and nothing more. Installed with Pico Gapps. No problems with initial setup. Booted to OS with no problems.
2) No Encyption but Selinux Enforcing. I flashed with Custom Kernel so Google Pay works.
3) Nice to see Status Bar padding correct out of the box!
4) January Security Update
5) SystemUI Tuner but no option to Hide VPN. Used SystemUI Tuner app from Store.
6) Battery and Notification LED settings present. (LOS)
7) No setting to 'Hide QS Footer Warning'. Really need a way to get rid of this!
8) ROM is running beautifully. Haven't seen a single glitch yet.
9) LiveDisplay (LOS) sRGB and DCI-P3 along with other stock Presets.
10) Most pre-installed apps can be disabled. A few can't. (Messaging, Camera, Gallery, Music)
12) HW Button mapping and Swap Buttons present.

First Pie ROM i've used on this device that i would consider Daily Driver material. Stable, fluid, fast and so far glitch free. Nice work OP!
It's good that rom is good but don't tell this the the first rom that is a daily driver material. There are others too fluid and snappy

Reactions: mister_meet

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Somehow I cannot see the wood for the trees... How do you get to that menu? I didn't found it in apps & notifications or elsewhere.
The HD notification I can only snooze for a certain time.

You have to do the 'swipe half way on the notification' and then click the cog. That brings up a page for org.codeauora.ims and from there is the Notification sub-menu. (Screenshot) It seems to stop the notification entirely. I haven't had a re-occurrence since.

Edit: Nope. It came back. No icon and minimised notification. Perhaps your mod can be incorporated into the ROM. As my carrier doesn't provide Volte i've turned off 'Enhanced 4G'.

Last edited:

Subho1999

Sep 17, 2014
So far, the ROM's been pretty stable for me. Extremely Fast and smooth. Similar battery life to NOS Pie.

One feature that I do miss though is Network speed indicator on status bar. (I know it's present for quick settings).

Great work team:good:

immi803

Jun 14, 2012
@Dirk

Does Crdroid has black theme? Like screenshots attached

Further can you share a few screenshots ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-185930_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190120-185930_Settings.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 413
  • Screenshot_20190120-185937_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190120-185937_Settings.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 417

C-3OP

Feb 20, 2018
You have to do the 'swipe half way on the notification' and then click the cog. That brings up a page for org.codeauora.ims and from there is the Notification sub-menu. (Screenshot) It seems to stop the notification entirely. I haven't had a re-occurrence since.

Edit: Nope. It came back. No icon and minimised notification. Perhaps your mod can be incorporated into the ROM. As my carrier doesn't provide Volte i've turned off 'Enhanced 4G'.

I had asked in the telegram chat a few days ago how to turn off the notification and got the answer that it is build pending. I had interpreted the answer to mean that in other builds for other devices this is already implemented. I think that the maintainer simply has to take it over from the other crDroid builds.

Reactions: Dirk

Dirk

May 11, 2009
@Dirk

Does Crdroid has black theme? Like screenshots attached

Further can you share a few screenshots ?

Yes. See below.

I had asked in the telegram chat a few days ago how to turn off the notification and got the answer that it is build pending. I had interpreted the answer to mean that in other builds for other devices this is already implemented. I think that the maintainer simply has to take it over from the other crDroid builds.

Good news! :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-172507_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190120-172507_Settings.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Screenshot_20190120-172501_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190120-172501_Settings.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 368

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Ha! My carrier (3 UK) doesn't officially support VoLTE and Wifi Calling on non-contract phones like Oneplus. They have to enable it through 'software update', which they only do if you get the device through them. Looks like the custom ROM scene has caught up and overtaken them though, as both features are working on this ROM out of the box! :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features:
    Click for extensive and detailed feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup before flashing. Just in case!

ROM Download Links:
    ROM Download Links:
    GApps Download Link:

Source code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/frazerecho/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3
    Vendor: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oneplus
    Common: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oppo_common/
    Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996

Flashing Instructions:
    1. If you are installing crDroid on your OnePlus 3/3T for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
      • **Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)**
      • Copy crDroid zip, GApps zip to your device
      • Boot into Recovery
      • Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
      • Flash ROM
      • Flash GApps
      • Boot up
      • NOTE: For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 20.x (whatever is most recent).
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
      • The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

Known Issues
    You tell me.

Credits:
    • @Ded_Boi
    • @markakash
    • @DigiGoon
    • Google
    • LineageOS
    • GZOSP
    • SlimRoms
    • AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    • OmniRom
    • NamelessROM
    • Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.0][OP3/3T][OFFICIAL] crDroid Android v6.12 [oneplus3], ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    DigiGoon, hhrokarvi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS 9.0.6
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v6.12
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-10
    Current Beta Version: v6.2
    Beta Release Date: 2020-01-17

Created 2018-10-07
    Last Updated 2020-11-10
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191113-oneplus3-v5.10

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - November Security Patches
    - Updated ROM version to 5.10
    - Various updates to base
    - Updates to Network Traffic code
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

@cokesucker uploaded for testing man, wait for my release post for me to check for bugs etc.
    @Master_TC read below!

Note
    This is going to be the FINAL build of Pie for OnePlus 3/3T.

I'll be taking a month or so break to focus on my post-graduate studies as well as taking some time off to recuperate. I'll be back soon with fresh builds of Android 10 for OnePlus 3/3T, so don't worry about me dropping support. I've run LineageOS 17 on my device, I thought it was buggy right now for me to consider building it anyway and huge shoutout and thanks to all the maintainers that have supported this device all this time and in the future, and for you guys for using crDroid.
    Hey guys. A little announcement.

I was working on OnePlus 3/3T Android 10 build.... But due to some issues with gparted, I've corrupted my Ubuntu partition.... It's a long story...

I've already released builds for the other devices I maintain i.e. Nexus 5 & 6.... So rest assured I'm working on OnePlus 3 as soon as I can get everything set up... As I've already worked out all the errors and kinks that were there during building Android 10.

I don't want to give an ETA... But I think you can expect crDroid Android 10 builds within January or early Feb at the latest.

Sorry for this...... But good things come to those who wait.... So wait for a bit longer, you will be surprised by the results. :eek::laugh::p
    crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200117-oneplus3-v6.2.zip

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - Based On LineageOS 17.1
    - SELinux Enforcing (SafetyNet Passes)
    - January Security Patches
    - Initial Build

Note
    • Initial Build of OnePlus 3/3T for Android 10. It's a BETA. There WILL be some bugs. Proceed at your own peril. If you want GApps, Flash Nano Package or below (latest Nano Package link here), as Packages above that has Pixel Launcher, which does not work correctly with Android 10 gestures. It's not a ROM bug, it is a GApps issue.
    • Latest firmware required for Android 10. (Link to thread here).
    • For most compatibility, use this modified TWRP with System-as-Root with Android 10. (This TWRP won't work with Android Pie correctly, so precautions!) credits to @dianlujitao.
    @DigiGoon Thanks for the kind words brother. :good::highfive:

For Everyone: Expect Monthly updates from my side from now on. I maintain 3 devices for crDroid, and my internet bandwidth doesn't allow me to upload that much. Expect updates when Android Security Patches are committed into source code. Hello to OnePlus 3 users!!

crDroid Update:

crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190830-oneplus3-v5.7

Changelog

Short Changelog:
    - Loads of changes from v5.3 - v5.7, so take these changes from the last version bump (v5.6 - v5.7)
    - Changed Kernel Sources to LineageOS
    - Enabled stats reporting (beta) Link Here
    (Kindly allow stats permission during setup wizard on first boot)
    - Allow configuring battery percentage position with respect to icon
    - Fix showing battery percentage text on homescreen when charging
    - Custom header support - display image at top of the notification panel
    - Added layout files to support Xbox controllers
    - Added crDroid welcome screen for new users
    - Improvements for live display support
    - Updated crDroid Music app
    - Updated noto-fonts
    - Optimized SystemUI to avoid janks
    - Optimized ART
    - Set Google autofill service by default
    - Added more Switch Styles (Contained, Retro, Stockish, Narrow)
    - Updated weather provider download URL
    - Some other small changes in code
    - Updated translations