FreedomOS allows you to debloat your ROM smartly.
Everything is customisable, you can install the most minimalistic rom, like a fully modded rom.
So basically, it install the untouched stock rom and install and remove all the functionality you have selected in the aroma.
Install/Uninstall Google apps:
- Android Pay
- Calculator Google
- Calendar Google
- Camera Google
- Cloud Print
- Contatcs Google
- Dialer Google
- Google Drive
- Exchange Google
- Keyboard Google
- Package Installer Google
- Pixel Icons
- Pixel Launcher
- Play Games
- Print Service Google
- Storage Manager Google
- Tag Google
All the others apps have been removed
Install/Uninstall system apps :
- Android Pay
- Basic Dream
- Bluetooth Midi Service
- Bluetooth Test Mode
- Desk Clock
- Document (File Manager)
- Animated wallpaper
- Noise Feild
- OnePlus Camera
- OnePlus Gallery
- OnePlus OTA
- OnePlus Setup Wizard
- Phase Beam
- Dive Icons
- Rifon icons
- Enforcing kernel (security first)
- Permissive kernel if wanted
- APT-X & APT-XHD support (seem to be broken with build based on 7.1.1)
- SafetyNet pass
- Magic 11.1 with Magisk Manager
- SuperSU | systemless 2.79 STABLE
- Android Debugging Bridge
- Substratum Theme Engine Legacy
- Google DNS
- Patched Stock Kernel, disable force encryption and some tweaks.
- ARISE Sound System with Enforcing support
- Sony Music Player
- Google Assistant
- Wideband wifi support over 2.4GHz
You need an unlocked bootloader with latest modified TWRP.
- Make sure you are using the latest modified TWRP (see FAQ)
- Download and copy the zip file in your OP3
- Reboot to TWRP
- Make a nandroid backup (optionnal)
- Clean flash Wipe data/system/dalvik/cache | Dirty Flash: Wipe System/Cache/Dalvik
- Install > Select FreedomOS zip file
- Enjoy aroma installer
This ROM may have bugs, but if you report one without logs, We won't help you, as, well, we can't even know what's happened.
So two methods for you:
- With a PC : follow this guide (thanks to @paxChristos)
- Without a PC : follow this guide (thanks @ XDA).
But remember: we can't help you without a logs. Is not we don't want to, it just, we can't without concrete proves.
If you have ROM issues please post the issue along with a LOG in this thread or in GitLab issue tracker.
Posts will be removed by moderators without warning if they do not belong or are not accompanied by a LOG
FreedomOS Mirror 1 [FR] - Mirror 1
@genesixx Mirror [FR/CA/SG]- Mirror 2
@xByt3z Mirror [NL]- Mirror 3
@casual_kikoo Mirror [NL]- Mirror 4 Down for the moment
Make sure to be updated to the latest version of TWRP, link in the FAQ.
Don't forget to put md5 file in the same directory of the the rom zip.
GitLab | Github (Mirror)
Enjoy what I do? Want to show your appreciation? You can donate HERE.
Special thanks to :
People who have donated to support ongoing development,
to all contributors ,
and of course all the beta testers.
OnePlus for everything.
@Chainfire for SuperSU.
@amarullz for aroma project.
@rovo89, @DVD android for Xposed Installer.
@kickoff for the new aroma theme,
@xpirt for the python script.
@A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems,
@makers_mark for his op3injector tool.
@xpirt for the python script
@topjohnwu for magisk,
The Open GApps Project,
Maybe more people, tell me!
FreedomOS CE 3.3 for OnePlus 3/3T, ROM for the OnePlus 3
Source Code: https://gitlab.com/Nevax/FreedomOS
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Included
Based On: OxygenOS Open Beta
Current Stable Version: 3.3
Stable Release Date: 2018-01-13
Last Updated 2018-03-22