FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Light up capacitive keys only when only the keys are pressed (OOS style)?

Yes

250 Vote(s)
81.97%
No

55 Vote(s)
18.03%

[ROM+Kernel][EAS-VOX] VertexOS Carbide v3.6 and RenderZenith Kernel 012 (Blueborne)

1,051 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,836

Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from joshuous: VertexOS v3.6 and RenderZenith kernel 012 released!
9th May 2017, 10:19 PM |#1001  
Flag Somewhere in Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 821

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMcR92

Wow slap in the face..... I'm not a kid and that "guide" I posted isn't to impact others it's there to give a easy read description to those who don't fully understand the descriptions that can be full of jargon. They don't need to follow the best to worst scale as every phone and user has there setup they like.
Also I'm not undermining any developer or user this is great ROM and a decent kernel that is new to most people and I am enjoying getting a feel for EAS and is the future of android.

I never said you were a kid. I wasn't talking about the guide either as I've looked at that guide for reference. I was talking about telling people to use Zen or Maple on this ROM. These i/o schedulers are not good for this ROM and can cause issues. It's best to stick with what the ROM defaults with as EAS is a completely different bird than your standard run of the mill kernels (HMP).

Now, again I ask, please do some research before posting i/o scheduler recommendations for an EAS rom so you don't mess up people's experience. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but you can't just haul off and recommend something that it looks like you know nothing about.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scafroglia93

But it's normal for a scheduler to work well with ufs 2.0 memories, the real big problem is with the past memory like emmc.

PS: I reccomended ZEN V2 to Engstk and the others dev

Yes but EAS is a totally different bird that these particular i/o schedulers aren't suited for. More research needs to be done before a recommendation is made for this ROM. As I told the other gentleman, don't recommend these i/o schedulers without doing some research first. Stick with what the ROM comes with.

9th May 2017, 10:36 PM |#1002  
Flag Somewhere in Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 627

More
@joshuous just to inform that the wifi bug is still there..
Other than that. Great ROM. The ui performance is top notch and the battery is very good so far.
9th May 2017, 10:41 PM |#1003  
Flag Aix en provence
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostafa Wael

Right here we go.
EAS is a completely different breed compared to the conventional HMP system, where it serves an entirely different purpose of achieving the optimal balance between performance and efficiency, with the latter taking the top spot. EAS achieves that via cleverer tasks placement by which the system determines which is the more efficient cluster for the task to be processed, as well as categorising the different tasks into cgroups (top-app, foreground and background, in order from highest priority to lowest priority) by which each cgroup receives its sliver of the available firepower (cpuset). EAS also offers the capability of inflating the perceived load, that's determined by the load trackers, of the task in any of the cgroups via its schedtune.boost setting, and whether the task should be processed by all the cpu cores available or only by the cluster the task has been placed on via its schedtune.prefer_idle setting. One of the key features of EAS is lifting almost all the processing from the governor to the CPU scheduler (no it is not the I/O scheduler, something different) and letting it take much much more control, leaving the CPU governor to only do the frequency determination part, which unsurprisingly relies heavily on data supplied by the scheduler. With all that said, it is easily deduced that EAS is not all about governors and governor settings and the like, rather a much cleverer solution that serves the purpose of seeking the best balance between performance and efficiency, and to ensure the CPU is not overdoing a task or the CPU governor is overshooting, draining a lot of power as a consequence of that. EAS is about ensuring you get the smoothest UI possible while retaining as much power as possible. However, that does not mean that EAS is lame poor when it comes to performance. Sometimes, if not in most cases, this cleverer tasks placement makes tasks get processed faster. Conserving battery does not necessarily mean crushing performance. This explains that app launches are on-par with HMP if not ahead of it sometimes.

Now on to your question. After going through that brief explanation of EAS, i think your question is actually invalid, since it is not an apple-to-apple comparison anymore. EAS seeks for the optimal balance between performance and efficiency. Should there be a commit to improve performance while not being at the expense of efficiency, EAS should have that stuffed in, whereas HMP is prioritising performance higher than efficiency by design. What Burnout does is taking HMP and making it even more performance oriented, hence it is very unlikely to face micro lags with it. However, HMP still misses the cleverer tasks placement, which can show its canines if you have so much processes going in the background, where in that area EAS takes the lead quite noticeably.

Conclusion: You should try and see what suits you more. But something i can safely say is, EAS is more than satisfactory when it comes to performance from the perspective of a man after the best performance, and with the battery gains you yield with EAS, it can go better.

Hope i helped and clear the confusion. Looking forward to your feedback on your EAS experience.
-TDK

Thanks a lot for this explanation chief !!
I loved you burnut profiles, but I believe I love too much that newx EAS features !
Not sure about battery life yet, since I use it since yesterday, but the ROM feels smoother( except in games, where I have micro stutters, joshuous says it could be caused by sdcardfs module commit, but I didn't catch how desactivating it.. )
But the entire ROM has a feel of more smooth, faster ! Even with a perf oriented profile like burnout_pr4 with Ex kernel

I think render kernel is great, but vertexOS too !!
And if I'm not wrong, it's in early developement, and will maybe better in the future. Maybe it IS the future of kernels..
How do you feel it ?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback and experience sharing !
The Following User Says Thank You to ManuBBXX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ManuBBXX Ad-Free
9th May 2017, 10:49 PM |#1004  
Flag new york
Thanks Meter: 609

More
@joshuous what do u think of this app ? Looks simple and clean.

https://www.xda-developers.com/xda-e...ger-for-users/
9th May 2017, 10:59 PM |#1005  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 4,625

More
Quote:

The problem is not the ufs memory test, the problem is the test with slower memory like emmc. I prefer test scheduler on old devices like N5, Z3 exc exc

Quote:

But it's normal for a scheduler to work well with ufs 2.0 memories, the real big problem is with the past memory like emmc.

PS: I reccomended ZEN V2 to Engstk and the others dev

The OnePlus 3 and 3T have UFS 2.0, not older eMMC memory, soooooooooo...
9th May 2017, 11:01 PM |#1006  
Flag Soliera
Thanks Meter: 518

Donate to Me
More
Check my github...
9th May 2017, 11:13 PM |#1007  
Flag Bucharest

More
Quote:

Check my github...

The link to Github in your profile directs to https://github.com/https://github.com/scafroglia93

Anyway, I checked your Github... Not sure where I should look
10th May 2017, 01:05 AM |#1008  
Flag Aix en provence
Thanks Meter: 74

More
I experiment a very high battery drain from google services with this ROM

5 more important than SOT..
I clean flashed well the ROM and latest magisk

Do you notice that too guys ?
10th May 2017, 01:46 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 553

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuBBXX

I experiment a very high battery drain from google services with this ROM

5 more important than SOT..
I clean flashed well the ROM and latest magisk

Do you notice that too guys ?

It's not a room issue it's related to the new server side changes being tested.
10th May 2017, 03:30 AM |#1010  
Flag Bucharest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndarkside93

It's not a room issue it's related to the new server side changes being tested.

What server side changes?
10th May 2017, 04:42 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 553

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault

What server side changes?

Mostly the new play store changes they've been rolling out to phones
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread