Thanks Meter: 4,351

Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2018, 07:14 PM |#2891  
Thanks Meter: 10,161

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGently

Take a Nandroid, quick clean install and test. Report findings and @MENTION OP if problems remain.

Edit: Lol, there's a member called Mention!

Yep, sadly restoring nands breaks the authentication of my banking app... So I have to order (and more important: reveive) a new init key first...
The Following User Says Thank You to nvertigo67 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nvertigo67 Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 07:23 PM |#2892  
Thanks Meter: 3,772

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvertigo67

Yep, sadly restoring nands breaks the authentication of my banking app... So I have to order (and more important: reveive) a new init key first...

That's a pain. I'm not convinced a clean flash will help, but perhaps someone else can report if the issue exists if they do a clean install sometime soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dirk Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 08:13 PM |#2893  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

I'm pretty sure this commit from the past week is responsible:

https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/Lin...lus3/+/217578/

at least for me, the profile not sticking is present since 15.1 introduced color profiles some weeks ago
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sighunter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sighunter Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 08:15 PM |#2894  
Thanks Meter: 843

More
Quote:

+1
Unfortunately the same with my banking app and nandroid backups too ...

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighunter

at least for me, the profile not sticking is present since 15.1 introduced color profiles some weeks ago

+1
Couldn't agree more
The Following User Says Thank You to accuphase For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift accuphase Ad-Free
19th June 2018, 08:32 PM |#2895  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sighunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by accuphase

+1
Couldn't agree more

My mistake. I assumed everyone was talking about an issue introduced with the latest build. Fortunately for me, 'Standard' is the profile i roll with.

Has anyone actually notified the OP about this? Nothing will change until you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dirk Ad-Free
20th June 2018, 08:00 AM |#2896  
Thanks Meter: 10,161

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's a pain. I'm not convinced a clean flash will help, but perhaps someone else can report if the issue exists if they do a clean install sometime soon.

Quote:

+1
Unfortunately the same with my banking app and nandroid backups too ...

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

+1
Couldn't agree more

It's uncomfortable - on the other hand: to restore a nand you either need to drop all lockscreen security before backup, or you need to delete the lockscreen credentials. Considering this, I like the way some banking apps stop working.

Quote:

My mistake. I assumed everyone was talking about an issue introduced with the latest build. Fortunately for me, 'Standard' is the profile i roll with.

Has anyone actually notified the OP about this? Nothing will change until you do.

This is an ugly one (what should @dianlujitao do, with the current information status, devices he has hands on, do NOT suffer from this, and I can't find any errors regarding livedisplay in the log): it's on both panels on op3t and also on op3.

Actually I had this conversation with dianlujitao: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/Lin...aces/+/217552/

But again: as long as we havn't narrowed down how to reproduce this, or havn't something in the logs to point at, what should he do about it? I'm pretty sure, if dianlujitao has a genius thought to solve this (like on the shimming side effect last week) he wouldn't hold back.

ATM I'm clueless on finding a pattern.

Maybe this one:
What kernel are you using (on the devices suffering from this)?

I'm on a patched up kernel with wireguard, boeffla_wl_blocker, sfatynet patches and switch vibration addition.
20th June 2018, 08:42 AM |#2897  
Thanks Meter: 843

More
Quote:

It's uncomfortable - on the other hand: to restore a nand you either need to drop all lockscreen security before backup, or you need to delete the lockscreen credentials. Considering this, I like the way some banking apps stop working.

This is an ugly one (what should @dianlujitao do, with the current information status, devices he has hands on, do NOT suffer from this, and I can't find any errors regarding livedisplay in the log): it's on both panels on op3t and also on op3.

Actually I had this conversation with dianlujitao: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/Lin...aces/+/217552/

But again: as long as we havn't narrowed down how to reproduce this, or havn't something in the logs to point at, what should he do about it? I'm pretty sure, if dianlujitao has a genius thought to solve this (like on the shimming side effect last week) he wouldn't hold back.

ATM I'm clueless on finding a pattern.

Maybe this one:
What kernel are you using (on the devices suffering from this)?

I'm on a patched up kernel with wireguard, boeffla_wl_blocker, sfatynet patches and switch vibration addition.

I'm on stock LineageOS, stock kernel, LineageOS SU, nothing special ... and live display doesn't stick after reboot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to accuphase For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift accuphase Ad-Free
20th June 2018, 09:09 AM |#2898  

More
Quote:

I'm on stock LineageOS, stock kernel, LineageOS SU, nothing special ... and live display doesn't stick after reboot.

With that setup you are Uncertified for Banking Apps etc. There's no down side to using Caesium, which would allow you to use Google Pay etc and might be helpful with the LiveDisplay issue. Worth a try, no?

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

I just tried it myself as i have Caesium Kernel installed. Switched to sRGB and rebooted. Was still in sRGB after reboot, both on screen and in Settings.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

Huh, i have an a3 display. I did not know that. Do we think that is a factor? With my setup at least, there's no issue with LiveDisplay.

@nvertigo67
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dirk Ad-Free
20th June 2018, 09:57 AM |#2899  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredion

The latest weekly has a regression, it seems WIFI roaming is not working again. Had this problem on OmniROM 8.1 and also on OxygenOS. When moving between WIFI APs, the phone wants to stay on the old AP even though the new closer AP is much stronger. Anyone else see this?

Just wanted to say that this bug still exists. Flashing Caesium kernel fixes it, but I'd rather use the stock kernel.
20th June 2018, 10:59 AM |#2900  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just tried to flash the latest build for the op3 and I got stuck at 1+ logo at boot, previous flashes went fine, someone else is facing the same issue?
Stock Kernel, firmware 5.0.3
20th June 2018, 11:29 AM |#2901  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna696

I just tried to flash the latest build for the op3 and I got stuck at 1+ logo at boot, previous flashes went fine, someone else is facing the same issue?
Stock Kernel, firmware 5.0.3

try flashing OB firmware. Changelog says: "op3: Update blobs from OB37/OB28"

I flashed OB38 Firmware+Modem and got no problems with latest build.
The Following User Says Thank You to hnz101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hnz101 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)