[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 16.0 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

dianlujitao

Jan 27, 2013
Xi'an
yuko.moe
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
This thread is for LineageOS 16.0 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
  • Custom kernels
  • Mods
  • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
  • Flashed a custom kernel
  • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
  • Modified system files

Tips:
  • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
First time flashing LineageOS 16.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Download the zip(s)
  2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.3 or higher is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
  3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
  4. Wipe data/factory reset
  5. Flash LineageOS
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
  7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
  • LineageOS Team & Contributors
  • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
dianlujitao
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-11-13
Last Updated 2019-08-12

dianlujitao

Jan 27, 2013
Xi'an
yuko.moe
Reserved

Changelog:

• 2018.11.13:
  • Initial release

2018.11.17:
  • Sync latest source
  • Fixed directly reboot to recovery when attempting to enter power on password when secure boot enabled
  • Downgraded kernel to LA.UM.7.5.r1-02500-8x96.0 due to CAF stability regression, but there's still a race condition which could cause random kernel panic, especially when attempting to wake up the device, I'm still debugging on this.
  • Improved GPS performance
  • Minor bug fixes

2018.11.29:
  • Sync latest source
  • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.6.r1-03600-89xx.0
  • Thanks to a clue provided by @markakash , the "random kernel panic on wake up" issue seems to be fixed now. The ROM is probably stable enough for daily use, so I call it "beta" instead of "alpha" now. Please report if you still have the issue.
  • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.02:
  • Sync latest source
  • IMS experiments, VoLTE is confirmed working, VoWiFi is untested
  • Battery life optimization
  • Fix fingerprint sensor not respond on first boot and after user switched
  • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.05:
  • Sync latest source
  • SELinux enforcing for now, let me know if there're any regressions
  • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.15:
  • Sync latest source
  • Fix some suspend issue
  • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03700-8x96.0
  • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.22:
  • Sync latest source
  • Slider key fix by @nvertigo67
  • App launch boost & touch boost, hope it helps reduce lagging

2018.12.30:
  • Sync latest source
  • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.5.r1-04000-8x96.0
  • WiFi display support
  • Bug fixes & improvements

2019.1.1:

2019.1.12:
  • Sync latest source
  • Add support for always-on-display
  • Minor bug fixes

2019.1.24:
  • Sync latest source
  • Fix touchscreen when gesture disabled
  • Fix whatsapp and CamScanner camera issue? Not sure, need feedback
  • Minor bug fixes

2019.2.10:
  • Sync latest source
  • Update kernel to LA.UM.7.5.r1-04100-8x96.0
  • Livedisplay & touchscreen gestures internal API migration
  • Allow disabling new USB gadgets when the device is locked
  • Minor bug fixes

2019.3.1:
  • Sync latest source
  • Fix weird color after boot? Need your confirmation
  • Performance optimizations
  • New offmode charging animation
  • Minor bug fixes
  • Note that some features/bugfixes will NOT be included in the upcoming official builds, be aware before switching from unofficial to official.

Future:

Last edited:

dianlujitao

Jan 27, 2013
Xi'an
yuko.moe
Your opinion on migrating to official Pie firmware

As you're aware, OnePlus started Pie closed beta days ago, and there're already leaked builds. I made a new Lineage build with blobs from one OOS9.0 leak, installed and updated firmware. On first boot after fw update, when boot animation was done, unexpectedly, I didn't see my launcher desktop as usual, but an "Decryption unsuccessful" warning telling me that my data was corrupted. Undoubtedly, after rebooting to TWRP it failed to mount /data thus I lost everything on my internal storage.

After several experiments I finally figured out the cause:

If your data is encrypted and bootloader is unlocked, after upgrading to Pie modem firmware, there's 100% chance of your data to become corrupted, and probably no way to restore them. The cause is on firmware side, probably something wrong with key migration, so there's no way for 3rd party developers to fix it. Note that which ROM was in use pre-upgrade doesn't matter at all, i.e., if bootloader was unlocked and you were upgrading from OOS 5.0.8(enforce encryption by default) to OOS 9.0, you'll lose all personal data after reboot from recovery installation. Interestingly, everything works as expected if bootloader was locked.

I couldn't comprehend why do they apply diverse low-level strategies to locked and unlocked bootloader. Arguably this is a bug and should be fixed when they started rolling OTA updates to the public, but it's also possible that this is by design and aims to restrict "unsafe" operations. Regardless, always be careful and backup your data before upgrading firmware in the near future.

Unfortunately they still didn't fix the issue in the OxygenOS 9.0 Community Beta released hours ago, in contract their PR claimed "SW team is aware of this issue" during the early closed beta stage. Given the fact the issue persists in both public H2OS and OOS build, I highly doubt if they're actively working on fixing the issue or they'd even gaf. Ofc it's still possible but very unlikely for them to fix it in future builds.

Now I'd like to know your opinion on migrating to Pie firmware. Device owners with encrypted data and unlocked bootloader MUST either backup data or relock bootloader before installing new firmware, others are not affected. Please vote.

Last edited:

casual_kikoo

Nov 25, 2014
Paris, France
Finally :)

Is it possible to update with a wipe system only ?

Why this question is asked each time ?
You have TWRP right ? So backup your current install, flash without wiping, if it goes wrong, you know you have to clean flash, simple.
Plus, from the O.P of this thread:
O.P said:
Installation:
Download the zip(s)
Install a compatible Recovery (Latest official TWRP is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash LineageOS
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
Reboot

Last edited:

okaysee

Mar 17, 2017
lol, right when I clean flashed 15.1 and reinstalled everything from too many dirty flashes

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Encryption still not working
Reboots to recovery right after "enter PIN" shows up
The same happened to me also. I'm encrypted on f2fs coming from OOS with a clean install.
@dianlujitao could you please add in the OP that it needs to be installed on an unencrypted phone - assuming that the reboot to recovery is caused by booting on an encrypted device.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

tehchap

Jun 3, 2012
Sometimes when I try to unlock using the fingerprint reader the screen stays black, while the buttons light up. The phone freezes and I need to reboot it. Someone else experienced the same issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 16.0 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.3 or higher is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-11-13
    Last Updated 2019-08-12
    Reserved

Changelog:

• 2018.11.13:
    • Initial release

2018.11.17:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fixed directly reboot to recovery when attempting to enter power on password when secure boot enabled
    • Downgraded kernel to LA.UM.7.5.r1-02500-8x96.0 due to CAF stability regression, but there's still a race condition which could cause random kernel panic, especially when attempting to wake up the device, I'm still debugging on this.
    • Improved GPS performance
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.11.29:
    • Sync latest source
    • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.6.r1-03600-89xx.0
    • Thanks to a clue provided by @markakash , the "random kernel panic on wake up" issue seems to be fixed now. The ROM is probably stable enough for daily use, so I call it "beta" instead of "alpha" now. Please report if you still have the issue.
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.02:
    • Sync latest source
    • IMS experiments, VoLTE is confirmed working, VoWiFi is untested
    • Battery life optimization
    • Fix fingerprint sensor not respond on first boot and after user switched
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.05:
    • Sync latest source
    • SELinux enforcing for now, let me know if there're any regressions
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.15:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix some suspend issue
    • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.5.r1-03700-8x96.0
    • Minor bug fixes

2018.12.22:
    • Sync latest source
    • Slider key fix by @nvertigo67
    • App launch boost & touch boost, hope it helps reduce lagging

2018.12.30:
    • Sync latest source
    • Kernel baseline updated to LA.UM.7.5.r1-04000-8x96.0
    • WiFi display support
    • Bug fixes & improvements

2019.1.1:

2019.1.12:
    • Sync latest source
    • Add support for always-on-display
    • Minor bug fixes

2019.1.24:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix touchscreen when gesture disabled
    • Fix whatsapp and CamScanner camera issue? Not sure, need feedback
    • Minor bug fixes

2019.2.10:
    • Sync latest source
    • Update kernel to LA.UM.7.5.r1-04100-8x96.0
    • Livedisplay & touchscreen gestures internal API migration
    • Allow disabling new USB gadgets when the device is locked
    • Minor bug fixes

2019.3.1:
    • Sync latest source
    • Fix weird color after boot? Need your confirmation
    • Performance optimizations
    • New offmode charging animation
    • Minor bug fixes
    • Note that some features/bugfixes will NOT be included in the upcoming official builds, be aware before switching from unofficial to official.

Future:
    The 0302 official build failed to boot due to a technical issue with signing, it should be fixed with the upcoming build. Sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you.
    A warning on leaked Pie builds

As you're aware, OnePlus started Pie closed beta days ago, and there're already leaked builds. I made a new Lineage build with blobs from one OOS9.0 leak, installed and updated firmware. On first boot after fw update, when boot animation was done, unexpectedly, I didn't see my launcher desktop as usual, but an "Decryption unsuccessful" warning telling me that my data was corrupted. Undoubtedly, after rebooting to TWRP it failed to mount /data thus I lost everything on my internal storage.

After several experiments I finally figured out the cause:

If your data is encrypted and bootloader is unlocked, after upgrading to Pie modem firmware, there's 100% chance of your data to become corrupted, and probably no way to restore them. The cause is on firmware side, probably something wrong with key migration, so there's no way for 3rd party developers to fix it. Note that which ROM was in use pre-upgrade doesn't matter at all, i.e., if bootloader was unlocked and you were upgrading from OOS 5.0.8(enforce encryption by default) to OOS 9.0, you'll lose all personal data after reboot from recovery installation. Interestingly, everything works as expected if bootloader was locked.

I couldn't comprehend why do they apply diverse low-level strategies to locked and unlocked bootloader. Arguably this is a bug and should be fixed when they started rolling OTA updates to the public, but it's also possible that this is by design and aims to restrict "unsafe" operations. Regardless, always be careful and backup your data before upgrading firmware in the near future.
    Good news (maybe), after communicating with oneplus stuff they promised fw upgrading with unlocked bl will be fixed in future builds.