[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

dianlujitao

Jan 27, 2013
Xi'an
yuko.moe
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
This thread is for LineageOS 17.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
  • Custom kernels
  • Mods
  • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
  • Flashed a custom kernel
  • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
  • Modified system files

Tips:
  • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
First time flashing LineageOS 17.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Download the zip(s)
  2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
  3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
  4. Wipe data/factory reset
  5. Flash LineageOS
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
  7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
  • LineageOS Team & Contributors
  • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog:
  • Initial release

• Sync latest source
  • Fix bluetooth

• Sync latest source
  • Fix wifi display
  • Ship Snap
  • Fix vulkan graphics
  • Pass safetynet
  • Fix crash of some native services

• Sync latest source
  • SELiunx working in enforcing mode now
  • Update kernel to LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
  • Update blobs from OOS 9.0.6
  • Fix suspend when AOD is on
  • Happy new year!

• Sync latest source
  • Fix ril of the last build
  • Update blobs from LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
  • Add backuptools
  • Other trivial fixes

• Official nightlies started

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
dianlujitao
ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-10-24
Last Updated 2020-06-26

Last edited:

mvalda01

Apr 5, 2017
Biggest problem I've found is Bluetooth. It connects and disconnects continuously until it crashes, so it's not usable. The status bar icons are not on the left but rather center-left once BT is activated.

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
No, 3.18.120 like all other Q roms for our phone.
Our phone doesn't support kernel 4,x. You need OnePlus 5 or above...
@nvertigo67 is right :good: , but there're others SnapDragon 820 devices, they've running a stable 4.4/4.9 Kernel long time ago, so it be could be possible.

https://github.com/YaroST12/Z2_Kernel/tree/4.4-eas-1.4

https://github.com/AOSiP-Devices/kernel_zuk_msm8996/tree/staging/pie-4.9

@mady51 said one time, he tried to compile a 4.X ver. for op3
ya i built it once but it didn't booted. after that didn't spent time on it. may be ill give it another try soon

Anyway amazing work @dianlujitao you're one of our heroes ???

Last edited:
Reactions: julixd50

CodesCodger

May 21, 2014
Dhaka
@nvertigo67 is right :good: , but there're others SnapDragon 820 devices, they've running a stable 4.4/4.9 Kernel long time ago, so it be could be possible.

https://github.com/YaroST12/Z2_Kernel/tree/4.4-eas-1.4

https://github.com/AOSiP-Devices/kernel_zuk_msm8996/tree/staging/pie-4.9

@mady51 said one time, he tried to compile a 4.X ver. for op3

Anyway amazing work @dianlujitao you're one of our heroes ???

https://github.com/dianlujitao/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996 @dianlujitao did bring up a 4.4 kernel but it has issues.

Reactions: pedritopl

helderfp

Sep 10, 2012
Penafiel
Jus asked because of this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191024-203417_Telegram.jpg
    Screenshot_20191024-203417_Telegram.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 14,140
  • Screenshot_20191024-203402_Telegram.jpg
    Screenshot_20191024-203402_Telegram.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 14,042

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thanks, @dianlujitao, for this. Great to have Android 10 running on an encrypted phone.
I've been playing around with it all day and here's what I've found so far:

Clean install with Gapps from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta/ and Magisk 20 stable. Once I set the security patch date to 2019-08-01 I passed SafetyNet and was able to set up my credit card with Google Pay.

Missing:
- accent colours in settings>display>style>accent colour, though they are available in settings>developer options>accent colour
- battery text doesn't display

Broken:
- NFC: shows as being permanently on and can't be turned off; doesn't register on terminals
- Gallery shows album images in the Music directory (in Los 16 it ignores them). I've had to add a .nomedia file to the directory.
- settings>display>style>dark mode>Black causes LineageOS Settings to stop
- Digital Wellbeing keeps stopping (logs attached)
- BT connects/disconnects continuously when connected to my car (logs attached)

And that's all the issues I've got at the moment. Everything else is working fine.
I'll have a better idea of battery drain after tonight.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Attachments

• 191025-153232-BT.zip
    81.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 191025-141647-wellbeing.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 38

dianlujitao

Jan 27, 2013
Xi'an
yuko.moe
Thanks, @dianlujitao, for this. Great to have Android 10 running on an encrypted phone.

Clean install with Gapps from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta/ and Magisk 20 stable. Once I set the security patch date to 2019-08-01 I passed SafetyNet and was able to set up my credit card with Google Pay.

Missing:
- accent colours in settings>display>style>accent colour, though they are available in settings>developer options>accent colour

Broken:
- NFC: shows as being permanently on and can't be turned off; doesn't register on terminals
- Gallery shows album images in the Music directory (in Los 16 it ignores them). I've had to add a .nomedia file to the directory.

And that's all the issues I've got at the moment. Everything else is working fine.

Thanks for the report, bluetooth should be fixed in 1025 build, for Digital Wellbeing crash you should probably report to opengapps devs, I'm not sure.
NFC works fine for me, it wound be nice if you could grab related logs.

@dianlujitao:

I've been trying to compile my own version, as part of my preparations for making the LOS17-based version of my personal custom ROM. I've got an unmodified LOS17 repo, the oneplus3 device tree, and the proprietary blobs repo from TheMuppets (which I had to modify to put WfdCommon into Android.mp and comment it out in Android.mk). It compiles up to a point, where I'm getting this error:

Code:
[  0% 1/74451] build out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows
FAILED: out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows
/bin/bash -c "(ASAN_OPTIONS=detect_leaks=0 out/host/linux-x86/bin/checkpolicy -M -c         30 -o out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows.tmp out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/policy.conf ) && (out/host/linux-x86/bin/sepolicy-analyze out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows.tmp neverallow -w -f out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/policy_2.conf ||       ( echo \"\" 1>&2;         echo \"sepolicy-analyze failed. This is most likely due to the use\" 1>&2;     echo \"of an expanded attribute in a neverallow assertion. Please fix\" 1>&2;         echo \"the policy.\" 1>&2;         exit 1 ) ) && (touch out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows.tmp ) && (mv out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows.tmp out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows )"
device/oneplus/oneplus3/sepolicy/hal_lineage_livedisplay_qti.te:3:ERROR 'unknown type hal_lineage_livedisplay_qti' at token ';' on line 83421:
allow hal_lineage_livedisplay_qti sysfs_livedisplay_tuneable:file { { getattr open read ioctl lock map } { open append write lock map } };
# Grant access over LiveDisplay tuneables
checkpolicy:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
11:38:29 ninja failed with: exit status 1
I'm presuming that, since you're the developer for the oneplus3 variant, you've got things going on behind the scenes that have yet to be committed, and have already worked around this issue (if it is an issue and not something on my end). ;) Not trying to steal your thunder or anything (my custom ROM is solely for my own use), I was just wondering if you had any insights you could offer. If there's any other information you need from me, just ask, I'll be more than happy to provide it.

D

Deleted member 4405529

@dianlujitao:

I've been trying to compile my own version, as part of my preparations for making the LOS17-based version of my personal custom ROM. I've got an unmodified LOS17 repo, the oneplus3 device tree, and the proprietary blobs repo from TheMuppets (which I had to modify to put WfdCommon into Android.mp and comment it out in Android.mk). It compiles up to a point, where I'm getting this error:

Code:
[  0% 1/74451] build out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows
FAILED: out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows
/bin/bash -c "(ASAN_OPTIONS=detect_leaks=0 out/host/linux-x86/bin/checkpolicy -M -c         30 -o out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows.tmp out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/policy.conf ) && (out/host/linux-x86/bin/sepolicy-analyze out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows.tmp neverallow -w -f out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/policy_2.conf ||       ( echo \"\" 1>&2;         echo \"sepolicy-analyze failed. This is most likely due to the use\" 1>&2;     echo \"of an expanded attribute in a neverallow assertion. Please fix\" 1>&2;         echo \"the policy.\" 1>&2;         exit 1 ) ) && (touch out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows.tmp ) && (mv out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows.tmp out/target/product/oneplus3/obj/ETC/sepolicy_neverallows_intermediates/sepolicy_neverallows )"
device/oneplus/oneplus3/sepolicy/hal_lineage_livedisplay_qti.te:3:ERROR 'unknown type hal_lineage_livedisplay_qti' at token ';' on line 83421:
allow hal_lineage_livedisplay_qti sysfs_livedisplay_tuneable:file { { getattr open read ioctl lock map } { open append write lock map } };
# Grant access over LiveDisplay tuneables
checkpolicy:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
11:38:29 ninja failed with: exit status 1
I'm presuming that, since you're the developer for the oneplus3 variant, you've got things going on behind the scenes that have yet to be committed, and have already worked around this issue (if it is an issue and not something on my end). ;) Not trying to steal your thunder or anything (my custom ROM is solely for my own use), I was just wondering if you had any insights you could offer. If there's any other information you need from me, just ask, I'll be more than happy to provide it.

You need to pick - at least - https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3/+/255737 from https://review.lineageos.org/q/project:LineageOS%2Fandroid_device_oneplus_oneplus3+status:open, maybe all.

There's a good reason why OP calls it an experimental build instead of alpha or beta... Rebuilding experimental needs skilld and patience... ;)

EDIT:
For the blobs commits (i.e. https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3/+/260573 and https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3/+/262330) see also https://github.com/dianlujitao/proprietary_vendor_oneplus/commits/lineage-17.0 .

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 17.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 17.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog:
    • Initial release

• Sync latest source
    • Fix bluetooth

• Sync latest source
    • Fix wifi display
    • Ship Snap
    • Fix vulkan graphics
    • Pass safetynet
    • Fix crash of some native services

• Sync latest source
    • SELiunx working in enforcing mode now
    • Update kernel to LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
    • Update blobs from OOS 9.0.6
    • Fix suspend when AOD is on
    • Happy new year!

• Sync latest source
    • Fix ril of the last build
    • Update blobs from LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
    • Add backuptools
    • Other trivial fixes

• Official nightlies started

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-10-24
    Last Updated 2020-06-26
    FYI, oneplus3 has just been added ... Now let's wait for merging.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/267517

Code:
    # LineageOS build target list
    # <device> <build_type> <branch name> <period ("N"ightly, "W"eekly, "M"onthly)>
    # Nightly lineage-17.1
    beryllium userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    chiron userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d850 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d851 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d852 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d855 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    dipper userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    discovery userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    enchilada userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    f400 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    fajita userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    gts4lvwifi userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    guacamole userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h830 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h850 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h910 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h918 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h990 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    I01WD userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jactivelte userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jflteatt userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltespr userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltevzw userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltexx userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfvelte userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    kirin userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    ls997 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    mermaid userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    nash userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    [B]oneplus3 userdebug lineage-17.1 N[/B]
    pioneer userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    polaris userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    rs988 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    sagit userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    us996 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    vs985 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    vs995 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    z2_plus userdebug lineage-17.1 N

Thank you @dianlujitao !

Edit: about addonsu package and PrivacyGuard ... https://www.xda-developers.com/line...-addonsu-implementation-favor-magisk-manager/
    Are you the gcam man? If so, thanks a million for your work and your latest works fine and dandy on this build.
    "gcam man" - that sounds interesting ;) yes, thanks.
    Thanks a lot dianlujitao for supporting LOS for OP3.

Missing:

Broken:

I believe it doesn't apply to our device (A only). See the section on recovery in https://lineageos.org/Changelog-19/

TWRP is still recommended, lineage recovery does NOT support FDE thus you might encounter problems when installing magisk and opengapps