[ROM] [10.0.0] Nitrogen OS Beta

Search This thread

lovergarden

Mar 25, 2018
hi bro , I tried below to translate carrier text label to chinese language, but i can not find value.xml ?
can u pls help me ?

Go to res/layout and open keyguard_status_bar.xml with notepad ++ or similar program. A regular text editor will not work.

Replace this code

Code:
<com.android.keyguard.CarrierText android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:textColor="?wallpaperTextColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/keyguard_carrier_text" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_marginStart="@dimen/keyguard_carrier_text_margin" android:layout_toStartOf="@id/system_icons_super_container" />
With this code

Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:id="@id/unicom" android:layout_marginStart="@dimen/keyguard_carrier_text_margin" android:layout_toStartOf="@id/system_icons_super_container" android:textColor="?wallpaperTextColorSecondary" android:text="@string/unicom" />
<com.android.keyguard.CarrierText android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:visibility="gone" android:textColor="?wallpaperTextColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/keyguard_carrier_text" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_marginStart="@dimen/keyguard_carrier_text_margin" android:layout_toStartOf="@id/system_icons_super_container" />
Open quick_status_bar_header_system_icons.xml

Replace this code

Code:
<com.android.keyguard.CarrierText android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:textColor="?android:textColorPrimary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="start|center" android:id="@id/qs_carrier_text" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:textDirection="locale" />
With this code

Code:
<com.android.keyguard.CarrierText android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:visibility="gone" android:textColor="?android:textColorPrimary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="start|center" android:id="@id/qs_carrier_text" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
<TextView android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:gravity="start|center" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:id="@id/unicom" android:text="@string/unicom" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:textDirection="locale" />
Go to res/values folder
Open strings.xml. go to the very bottom and add this
<string name="unicom">中国联通</string>

Open IDs.xml go to very bottom and add this.
<item type="id" name="unicom">false</item>

yg107

Jul 4, 2010
I'm running this rom. Is it possible to dirty flash stable 5.0.3 firmware over a beta firmware that I flashed before installing the rom?

Jleoz

Dec 25, 2014
The file "boot_enforcing_for_builds_after_2205.img" is to be flashed for builds after 22.05 or including 22.05?

If I was to flash 22.05, would I flash the one above or the earlier "boot_enforcing_for_builds_after_1705.img" one?

Secondly @xyyx,

You stated that to view the lock screen shortcuts one must disable the "No QS when secured" option from Settings.

Would it be possible for a middle ground such as enable QS when secured and show lock screen shortcuts but to trigger any toggles the PIN or fingerprint needs to be entered?

Cheers,
Jleoz.

No one has answered this yet. Could someone clarify this for me?

If I want to flash 22.05, would I flash "boot_enforcing_for_builds_after_2205.img" or the earlier "boot_enforcing_for_builds_after_1705.img" one?

I just don't want to flash the wrong one and the system won't boot.

Thanks,
Jleoz.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I'm running this rom. Is it possible to dirty flash stable 5.0.3 firmware over a beta firmware that I flashed before installing the rom?

No, factory reset required

Surely, if it's only the firmware that is being flashed, then there's no need to clear /data.

However, if the full ROM is being flashed, then a a factory reset is definitely required.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

No one has answered this yet. Could someone clarify this for me?

If I want to flash 22.05, would I flash "boot_enforcing_for_builds_after_2205.img" or the earlier "boot_enforcing_for_builds_after_1705.img" one?

I just don't want to flash the wrong one and the system won't boot.

Thanks,
Jleoz.
I would assume that since the latest available ROM is 180522, then the enforcing boot image is for this ROM and not some future one.
This means that you would just flash the 2205 enforcing boot straight over the 180522 ROM.

And, since you always take a backup before making changes (right?), if it doesn't work you can revert back to your previous working configuration.

Reactions: Pablo.x

MuzzamilIhsan

Mar 17, 2014
Agra
Is it necessary to flash Enforcing bootimg?
What if i want permissive?
Won't it boot?
Kindly help to answer this, because none of the roms required to flash this extra file called Enforcing boot.

Jleoz

Dec 25, 2014
Surely, if it's only the firmware that is being flashed, then there's no need to clear /data.

However, if the full ROM is being flashed, then a a factory reset is definitely required.

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

I would assume that since the latest available ROM is 180522, then the enforcing boot image is for this ROM and not some future one.
This means that you would just flash the 2205 enforcing boot straight over the 180522 ROM.

And, since you always take a backup before making changes (right?), if it doesn't work you can revert back to your previous working configuration.

Thanks for the info.

I do take a full backup via TWRP but that does not backup images or any user data so I would prefer to be cautious and confirm before I ruin my only functioning phone.

pajkus

Aug 12, 2008
Hello, has anybody make gcam with slowmotion Workin on nitrogenos?
I have tried latest arnova8g2 (pixel2 and pixel3mod), op3 fix, but with no success.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hi,
I use this rom version 20180320. if I flash last version open beta 27 do i have any problems ? I ask because i don't want to wipe my internal storage.

The you should have not installed a custom ROM in the first place, you will need to perform a full wipe.

You will have to do a factory reset in TWRP as you are changing ROMs. But that does not wipe your internal storage.

The only times you have to completely wipe the data partition (/data), including the internal storage (/data/media), is of you want to decrypt the phone or change the format of the data partition.

YerliMakina

Nov 17, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
You will have to do a factory reset in TWRP as you are changing ROMs. But that does not wipe your internal storage.

The only times you have to completely wipe the data partition (/data), including the internal storage (/data/media), is of you want to decrypt the phone or change the format of the data partition.

I understood thank you. once i tried to install open beta on custom rom, i had a decrypt error and had to delete the internal memory. the question I want to ask is do i have to take the decrypt error and delete the internal memory. thank you. Sorry for my English.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I understood thank you. once i tried to install open beta on custom rom, i had a decrypt error and had to delete the internal memory. the question I want to ask is do i have to take the decrypt error and delete the internal memory. thank you. Sorry for my English.
In theory you should have no problems changing ROMs.
The decryption error is unusual and I've not come across an explanation for why it happens.
But it could happen again, so make sure you backup all your important internal storage data externally.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nitrogen_accent.png

SELinux in permissive mode. It is ready for enforcing. But I like no denies.
    Please, stop posting your wishes. No features requests

mSx8lRG.png

Based on AOSP

ZpXJzKd.png

xyyx (Max) - main developer

IxVVRiE.png

Recommended filesystem for /data- ext4
    ROM has optimal kernel's config for perfomance and battery saving by SyCreed

Copy the ROM, Firmware and Gapps in SD card.
    • Go to your recovery
    • Wipe Data
    • Install Firmware, ROM and Gapps zip.
    • Reboot - 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
    Enjoy

FAQ

C8vWqi4.png

Testing versions HERE
    Mirror for SF - HERE

f9K0L2y.png

If you like my ROM, you can support me.
    xyyx: PayPal

NnOP1ox.png

Nitrogen Project

Known Bugs:
    * Selinux

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] &#9658; [10.0.0] &#9658; Nitrogen OS Beta, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    xyyx
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: AOSP, CM, Pure, DU, OmniROM

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2018-01-19
    Last Updated 2020-04-18
    @xyyx Brother, just read the thread and saw that you shall be leaving soon. Just wanted to thank you for your lovely and amazing work and wish you luck for the future. :highfive:
    Just booted...
    Screenshot_20180809-120037.png
    First ALPHA release. Pure AOSP without features.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ni.../Nitrogen-OS-P-oneplus3-20180815.zip/download

Works:
    sounds
    camera
    ril
    bt
    nfc
    usb
    wifi

need to test more things
    Now I can make a thread) Because telephony works good. No hacks, no ****s. Also I added sim toggling. First custom Oreo ROM with sim toggling) LOL)