FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Treble][Unofficial]LineageOS 16.0 Treble for Oneplus 3/3T

263 posts
Thanks Meter: 440

By simonsmh, Senior Member on 17th August 2018, 07:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

-------------

Hello, I'm very excited to tell you that Project Treble is ready to run on our phone. Although it's not stable with always something broken, It's still a nice chance to undergo other ROMs that you want.

Beware that it is only a proof-of-concept try to let everyone know our device is still powerful. They are still well prepared for future Android release. However, the GSIs will never be more stable than device specific ROMs. This Treble ROM is not suitable for daily use.

The main reason why official LineageOS of our device didn't ship with Project Treble is that we don't have fully binderized camera HALs from Oneplus. If we want to support Treble there must be a lot of compromises.

Things not working:
1. SELinux is set to permissive.
We are still working on these problems.

The step-by-step guide on how to treblize your device:
Treble needs a partition called "Vendor", but our device does not have this device. What we need to do is to create a vendor partition by our selves.
I made a custom TWRP Treble build to do this process, here is what you should do in TWRP.
0. Warning
Our device is really old, some users may experience storage failure (Known as CRC failure), please be careful when you treblize your device. If you meet any problem, please check the 9008 unbrick guides in the forum.
1. Flash this TWRP in the download link below.
2. Boot it up and go to "Advanced" -> "Terminal", Type treblize and run.

Treblize is a shell that we could modify our partition. It basically does the same thing as the commands below.
Code:
/sbin/sgdisk --typecode=5:8300 /dev/block/sdf
/sbin/sgdisk --change-name=5:vendor /dev/block/sdf
3. Reboot your phone to your current system to check if there is storage failure.
It's very important. Some of the users report it may cause storage broken. You'd better check it first before flashing LOS Treble.
4. Reboot your phone to TWRP.
5. Flash LOS Treble in the download link below.
After these processes, you have got a treblized Oneplus3. Boot it up to check if everything works, or just trying other GSIs anyway.

Q&A:
1. Q: Something is broken in some GSIs! When will the camera be fixed in GSIs?
A: That may or may not be our device's fault.
2. Q: Can I install other third-party kernels?
A: You need to make sure that kernel supports mounting vendor partition, or it will brick your device.
3. Q: How to revert my treblized device?
A: Unnecessary. But you can do it yourself with the sgdisk command line tool, or just use the 9008 tool if you are lazy.
4: Q: How do I install a non-treble ROM with my "treblized" device?
A: As normal. They won't affect each other.

dianlujitao and other LOS devs for current device tree
XiNGRZ for op5 treblize reference
a lot of testers

Chat Group:
https://t.me/joinchat/BrAZb0Zf9p3q7Qz_No5AUA
Join the chat group for sGSI QR2 and more!

Downloads:
[New] LineageOS 16.0 Treble: https://mega.nz/#F!BlETXKhL!rTTjfiAXzogQBimtRnTE7w
[Deprcated] LineageOS 15.1 Treble: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=280568

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS Treble, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
simonsmh, dianlujitao, chenxingyu,
Source Code: https://github.com/OP3Treble

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS/H2OS 9.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-17
Last Updated 2019-04-16
The Following 94 Users Say Thank You to simonsmh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonsmh Ad-Free

17th August 2018, 08:01 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to simonsmh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonsmh Ad-Free
17th August 2018, 08:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Awesome work. Long live 3/3T.
17th August 2018, 08:09 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Picture of Android P Treble GSI works
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to simonsmh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonsmh Ad-Free
17th August 2018, 08:51 AM |#5  
Flag L├╝bbecke
Thanks Meter: 508

More
Is this Android pie or Oreo? Title says 15.1
17th August 2018, 09:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoLK

Is this Android pie or Oreo? Title says 15.1

U can flash any GSI either pie or Oreo. Camera and volte is broken on pie
17th August 2018, 09:48 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 479

More
Good work guys, I think I'll wait for the camera issue to be fixed before risking to brick my device though
17th August 2018, 11:03 AM |#8  
Flag sivakasi
Thanks Meter: 240

More
After flashing gsi system img how to make it boot ?I tried , but failed. But booted in my redmi note 4x both gsi and sGSI.
17th August 2018, 11:08 AM |#9  
Flag patna
Thanks Meter: 668

More
Wow.. Thanks

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs
17th August 2018, 12:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
This is incredibly exciting! I hope this also inspires OnePlus to release official treble support.
Before i dare to flash this i would like to know, what is the rollback plan for this if you want to bring the device back to factory state and does it break compatibility with for example the stock rom and stock recovery?

For those that already jumped ship and installed a GSI image, can you test if one of the following mods works?
Arnova v8.2 https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...va8G2-V8.2.apk
Tolyan v1.0.7 https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a....7_TlnNeun.apk
Skulshady https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...Mod_v6_fix.apk

These are various modded APK's that may contain a fix for the camera issues. No root required to flash.
17th August 2018, 04:12 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk717

This is incredibly exciting! I hope this also inspires OnePlus to release official treble support.
Before i dare to flash this i would like to know, what is the rollback plan for this if you want to bring the device back to factory state and does it break compatibility with for example the stock rom and stock recovery?

You don't need to roll back. Just like op5, it's still working if oneplus offer us official treble support.
At least you can either modify the partition label or use 9008 tools to return stock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)