Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ujwal.p

May 26, 2015
Bangalore
ujwalp15.github.io
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS
  • NFC
  • Volte

Known issues:
  • Encryption

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
ujwal.p
Source Code: https://github.com/android-linux-stable/op3/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
Last Updated 2018-11-09

Last edited by a moderator:

KUPOinyourWINDOW

Mar 22, 2014
Wow, this rom performs well!

I've run into an issue though, when I boot up the phone I get a notification that says "SIM cards changed, tap to setup".
Mobile data isn't working so when I tap the notification to fix it, it says: blabla "is the only sim in your device".

Then it says "switching data sim, this may take a minute" and suddenly the mobile data starts working!!!
...only for the phone to eventually reboot on it's own into recovery, usually after about a minute. Upon rebooting, the notification about the sim appears again. :(

Reactions: Raghul Mohan

Raghul Mohan

Jan 13, 2017
Dear @JagravNaik , can you make make the phone bezelless as well, should be a piece of cake after that ir blaster magic.

Can you pls stop posting like this , Dev already said that,he made
Copy paste error:), he will correct it when he had a enough time to spend on it.
And till stop Spamming the thread, because it's not helping.

And appreciate his work:highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • Encryption

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    ujwal.p
    Source Code: https://github.com/android-linux-stable/op3/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
    Last Updated 2018-11-09
    Hi guys,

For those who are hesitating to switch to this build, here is short summary about status.
    I'm using this build for 2 days so far and everything is working as expected. Great job JagravNaik!

Pros:
    - very low battery drain, much lower than on Oreo builds. On Oreo compared with Noguat it was terrible, now we are on the same track. WOW!
    - prefrormance is top notch, responsive, snappy and smooth. No long waits while starting apps, no lags.
    - stability is very good, all apps are running fine, no FCs.
    - Rooting is possible through Magisk stable 17.1.
    - Excluding encryption, everything is working: calls, sms, wifi (connection and thetering), bluetooth, nfc, fingerprint and face unlock, gps, camera, file transfer. No problems observed so far.
    - Android secuity patch level of 5th August.
    - Latest 3.18.122 kernel synced with upstream.
    - Mobile banking works.
    - Android Pay works.
    - And of course it's an Android Pie 9.0 running on our old but still kicking oneplus3/3t :)

Cons:
    - Camera bugs observed on Oreo builds are still there: flash doesn't work in non-HDR mode, slowmotion is still broken (tested with GCam mod from Arnova).
    - It's more like AOSP experience than LineageOS, because not many features are ported so far by LineageOS team.
    - Not many of customization options specific for LineageOS are yet ported.
    - SElinux is in permissive mode.
    - Incomplete Dark/Black theme. Only QS and launcher are themed, all configuration options under settings are always drawn as in light theme. (bug/incomplete implementation?)
    - No accent colors other than teal.
    - Setting dialog crashes when some of the settings are set (not many, but do not remember, I'll update the list when such situation occurs).
    - No gestures - only: open camera using power button.
    - Completely screwed ring, call, alarm, and notification volume settings on homescreen (see summary section).
    - I don't like the new 'recents' (new implementation of Pie, NOT LineageOS related), maybe I have to get familiar with it.
    - No built-in call recording.
    - Volume slider only accepts normal and quiet (-) mode. Vibration (+) is missing.
    - Substratum Default Dark theme doesn't work.
    - Volume settings are appearing on the opposite side than the volume keys (bug?).
    - Clock is always on the left side of the notification bar, no matter what setting is selected: right, center, left (bug?).
    - Simcard selector always asks to select the sim card on reboot (bug?).

Summary:
    In terms of stability and performance it is perfect. Nothing to complain. Everything works and ROM can be surely used as daily driver. Personally I'll stay with it, not going back to Oreo.
    For those who thinks it is REAL LineageOS 16 - no it is NOT. LineageOS 16 is in VERY EARLY development stage and almost everything is missing. It is more like vanilla Google taste than something that every LineageOS user expects. Most of the 'Cons' listed above are there because implementation is missing in upstream LineageOS and it will take some time, hopefully most of them will be available at the end of the year. I've listed them there, because Lineage users may be disappointed that this is fake or something. No it is not, this current status of Pie LineageOS project and this ROM just uses current LineageOS codebase. This ROM can be considered as preview and current state checkpoint, but not fully functional product. But if you are willing to have Pie on your device, that's a good way to go. Hopefully situation will improve with upstream LineageOS development.
    It is usable, stable and efficient ROM that is based on Android Pie. I would recommend it to everybody who wants to have Pie on the device, but it is not yet ready for 'customization' maniacs.

What I've found kinda inconvenient is volume settings when pressing volume +/-. It was overhauled in Pie and you can change volume level in current context: e.g. earphone volume while in-call, multimedia when watching YT, but if you want to change all of the settings you have to press "gear" icon and open the volume settings window. It is not possible to alter the volume in easy way as it was in Nougat/Oreo by pressing "V" symbol to expand the sliders. Everytime you alter the volume setting in settings dialog it does a "preview" of selected volume what is really annoying. Hopefully it will be reworked to something similar we had in LineageOS 14/15.
    This what I've found so far. Just wanted to share the opinion with you guys.

Happy flashing!
    P.S. @JagravNaik: Thanks a lot for this ROM and keep on working!
    New update is up!

Changelog:
    - Fix Camera issues
    - NFC fix added

P.S: Please test VoLTE on this build, didn't really get much feedback regarding this on the last build.

Edit: People looking for Advanced Restart option, you can find that in Developer Options. Actually been there since the very first build.
    THREAD CLEANED

Anyone dissatisfied with how often the developer updates this ROM in his spare time is welcome to start a development project of their own and update it as often as they like. That would certainly be a more productive use of time than complaining about somebody else's work.

FYI...
    I would update but been busy with college and other stuff. Do expect an update soon though.
    Hi all, as you all know, Jagrav is busy with his academics, I will be taking ownership of this thread soon.

New build is up with latest Lineage OS changes. Links updated in OP.

Link: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1U11DcPv_vEnPvYXJETvm86ZejupAcFQ1&export=download

I will try to release builds on a weekly basis till official builds are released.

Thank you for you patience :)