[Magisk] HEVC+SloMo GCam on OP3(T)/5

Search This thread

CrashOverride1995

Jun 15, 2012
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Hey guys, this is my first Magisk module which I created seeing the recent development on the Modded Google Camera which is going on.

This modules is specifically designed for the OnePlus 3T and 5. It replaces the media_profiles.xml located at /system/etc/ to enable the HEVC (High Efficiency Video Codec). This results in increased quality due to the newer codec at the same bitrate which was being used with H264.
This module also enables 60fps video recording in Google Camera on OnePlus 3T/5 and also fixes slow motion crash on Google Camera which enables you edit SloMo videos (with sound) made with Google Camera in Google Photos and change the part where you need SloMo and where you need real-time just like iPhones.

Available in Magisk Repo

NON FUNCTIONAL AS OF NOW ON OREO ***ONLY HEVC WORKS ON OREO*** WILL BE UPDATED ONCE A FIX IS RELEASED

Changelog

Code:
v3.2 - Minor fixes to improve functionality on OxygenOS.

v3.1 - Updated to latest Magisk template.

v3.0 - Added support for Oreo.

v2.5 - Removed 60fps mod since Modded Gcam supports 60fps by default

v2.4 - Updated to latest Magisk Template 1400

v2.3 - Added support for OnePlus 3

v2.2 - Fixed Slo-Mo not working in OOS Camera.

v2.1 - Enabled Slow Motion for Google Camera

v2.0 - Added 60fps recording capability for Google Camera

v1.1 - Added support for OnePlus 5

v1.0 - Initial Release
Credits
@tusar8 for HEVC mod
@iaTa for 60fps mod
@AcmE85 for Slow Motion fix on GCam
@theduke7 and @Sytis for testing it on their OP3s
@theduke7 for Oreo support workaround

c04f5cda3b598a44ef4c2bc70fb0dd7c.jpg

4bc0c530a980a0ba217a2a06000b33df.jpg

1b5027cb9f24aaa0f839b573e90eb738.jpg

Last edited:

OneplusEnthu

Sep 4, 2017
But I do have one question. For the 60fps in video mode, does it automatically appear as option on top of the camera. Or do I need to do any configuration. Cause my screen don't have the option. =(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, this is my first Magisk module which I created seeing the recent development on the Modded Google Camera which is going on.

This modules is specifically designed for the OnePlus 3T and 5. It replaces the media_profiles.xml located at /system/etc/ to enable the HEVC (High Efficiency Video Codec). This results in increased quality due to the newer codec at the same bitrate which was being used with H264.
    This module also enables 60fps video recording in Google Camera on OnePlus 3T/5 and also fixes slow motion crash on Google Camera which enables you edit SloMo videos (with sound) made with Google Camera in Google Photos and change the part where you need SloMo and where you need real-time just like iPhones.

Available in Magisk Repo

NON FUNCTIONAL AS OF NOW ON OREO ***ONLY HEVC WORKS ON OREO*** WILL BE UPDATED ONCE A FIX IS RELEASED

Changelog

Code:
    v3.2 - Minor fixes to improve functionality on OxygenOS.

v3.1 - Updated to latest Magisk template.

v3.0 - Added support for Oreo.

v2.5 - Removed 60fps mod since Modded Gcam supports 60fps by default

v2.4 - Updated to latest Magisk Template 1400

v2.3 - Added support for OnePlus 3

v2.2 - Fixed Slo-Mo not working in OOS Camera.

v2.1 - Enabled Slow Motion for Google Camera

v2.0 - Added 60fps recording capability for Google Camera

v1.1 - Added support for OnePlus 5

v1.0 - Initial Release
    Credits
    @tusar8 for HEVC mod
    @iaTa for 60fps mod
    @AcmE85 for Slow Motion fix on GCam
    @theduke7 and @Sytis for testing it on their OP3s
    @theduke7 for Oreo support workaround

c04f5cda3b598a44ef4c2bc70fb0dd7c.jpg

4bc0c530a980a0ba217a2a06000b33df.jpg

1b5027cb9f24aaa0f839b573e90eb738.jpg
    Hey Everyone!
    Just pushed an update to the repo with the latest Magisk template 1400.
    Get updating everyone!!
    FYI, this is currently crashing on LineageOS 15.1 (20180226 nightly) on OnePlus 3T. This is quite bleeding edge though, as it just got released this week.

@CrashOverride1995 let me know if you need help collecting logs/crashes! I've never touched a Magisk module's code but I'm more than happy to help
    I have been trying every possible thing to make Slo-Mo work on Oreo for OnePlus 3T but haven't succeeded yet. I am constantly following the GCam thread just in case any fixes come up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Module updated in accordance with the latest Magisk template.
    NON FUNCTIONAL AS OF NOW ON OREO ***ONLY HEVC WORKS ON OREO***
    @CrashOverride1995 sory for the delay m8
    To make it up to you i added it myself and changed the module name to show its only hevc...
    This is based on latest beta file
    For members
    As you know gcam can enable hevc but only for itself this i tested will do it system wide, so any cam app will record video (including gcam) will be in hevc .
    As slowmo is not working so its not included
    I tested with both oos and gcam