[Port][Magisk + Flashable] AptX & AptX-HD for All Oreo 8.0+ (Jan 6th 2018)

Search This thread

Spanking Time

Mar 5, 2018
When using option B, i.e., flashing the zip file via recovery, is it necessary to re-flash the zip when updating a ROM, i.e., dirty flashing a ROM update? I'm on LOS 15.1.

riwinator

Mar 23, 2018
Losing my hair

I have rooted my phone and followed the instructions from OP, flashing and Magisk did not work, manual installation did the trick. BUT!!! I cannot use aptx HD... why? Oneplus 3 should be able to support AptXHD and I bought my in-ears for this reason (Supra Nitro-X). Both devices should be compatible, can someone wise help me understand why I cannot connect with aptxHD?
uc

theduke7

Apr 8, 2011
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy A23
When using option B, i.e., flashing the zip file via recovery, is it necessary to re-flash the zip when updating a ROM, i.e., dirty flashing a ROM update? I'm on LOS 15.1.
Yes , it's not update proof, unless you dirty flash the ROM, of you dirty flash it should still work because the files won't be over written
I have rooted my phone and followed the instructions from OP, flashing and Magisk did not work, manual installation did the trick. BUT!!! I cannot use aptx HD... why? Oneplus 3 should be able to support AptXHD and I bought my in-ears for this reason (Supra Nitro-X). Both devices should be compatible, can someone wise help me understand why I cannot connect with aptxHD?
uc
What version and which rom are you using?...
Option C should work on most roms

Last edited:

ed612313

Mar 24, 2018
How do i do this? Complete Newb here who bought this phone purely for audio purposes.
"open build.prob in a text editor (or through the file manager) and add the following line at the end of it"
I have an Xiaomi M1 Android 8.0.0

riwinator

Mar 23, 2018
Im using Android 8.0.0 OxygenOS 5.0.1 (latest stable update) on OnePlus 3 A3003_16_171227. Does it matter HOW the files are extracted? I mean I put the files in the right directories as described in OP and gave them all perm 0644. I also edited the build.prob and I CAN choose aptXHD without it switching back to aptX but I cannot hear any changes when swapping codecs and as seen from CatLog something isn't quite right. Both OnePlus and Supra claims to offer aptXHD with my products (OnePlus3 and Nitro-X) but then why can't I choose 24bit for Supra in Developer? PS I bought op3 mainly for aptXHD, story of my life... At least I had fun rooting. I use TWRP recovery and SuperSU 2.79 (or 2.82, not sure). Root was successful

rageyoudown

Dec 14, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
So my experience with this was decent at first. I did the C version and used magisk to install it. Once I rebooted and went into developer options I was able to set Aptx HD as the bluetooth option. Lately I have noticed whenever my bluetooth device disconnect the phone will freeze completely with the white led staying lit. I have to completely reboot the phone for it to function again. I also notice now in the bluetooth option under developer options it's reverted back to SBC and won't change. I'm on the bootleggers rom with no custom kernel,

manokman

Dec 3, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Works like charm.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x Snapdragon 625
LineAge OS 15.1 20180724 Treble Version
Magisk 16.6 From Jerry with the latest Magisk Managet 5.8.3 ( can be found on XDA LOS forum)
Everything is stock.
Sennheiser HD 4.40BT

Steps Taken:
- Downloaded APTX Enabler from OP
- Flash it through Custom TWRP from XDA LOS forum OP
- Wipe dalvik then reboot
- APTX enabled!
- For peace of mind flash option C from OP through Magisk Manager
- Reboot and everything works!

Thanks to all the people behind this magic <3

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180727-103942.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180727-103942.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,065
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180727-104005.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180727-104005.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,075
Reactions: theduke7

pokipokipxorn

Nov 22, 2016
Any chance to make a module to support Huawei HWA LHDC Bluetooth code? It's lossless and better sound quality than Sony LDAC (lossy).

Fiio BTR3 and upcoming Shanling UP2 (ESS Dac ES9218P) supports multiple BT codec, including Huawei HWA LHDC and Sony LDAC.

FiiO Music app can emulate HWA LHDC on any phone (leave running in background) but it's not stable.

Reactions: derricksrs

P2 friend

Apr 24, 2020
make it work in LOS17 ?

Any way to make this work in LOS 17.1? I used it on LOS16 (Lenovo P2) ans it worked nicely. Since the upgrade to LOS17.1 aptx-HD disappeared...

mousegame168

Nov 27, 2012
Can you port "AptX Adaptive" for S855 devices?

I found many phones don't support.

OnePlus 7 support that when beta Android 11 v13,but stable version removed.

It's meant hardware are support AptX Adaptive.

Thank you!

derricksrs

Oct 12, 2011
Any chance to make a module to support Huawei HWA LHDC Bluetooth code? It's lossless and better sound quality than Sony LDAC (lossy).

Fiio BTR3 and upcoming Shanling UP2 (ESS Dac ES9218P) supports multiple BT codec, including Huawei HWA LHDC and Sony LDAC.

FiiO Music app can emulate HWA LHDC on any phone (leave running in background) but it's not stable.
Yeah waiting for the same for someone to port hwa ldhc. :)

bromegrim

Feb 15, 2014
I found some source for lhdc development files, but it seems nobody merged it as a module; it sits in a part of the whole rom. So I'm waiting for someone to do it too 😀

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,
    This is a collection of modules and a 1 flashable zip to enable aptX and aptx-HD on Oreo ROMs that doesn't have them...
    the original files are taken from OnePlus OOS Oreo ROM, this should work (one of the options) on any OReo ROM, it may also work on N Roms but that's is not tested.
    all modules flash the lib files to different places (or to all places), please the options, and select what is appropriate to you.

Bug reporting.
    if you're going to report any issue please attach a log (the log should be taken before enabling Bluetooth and should record it being enabled and then being connected to an aptX enabled device)

Updated on January 6th 2018:
    - 3 Magisk Modules added Description bellow for each.
    - all 3 modules are based on the latest 1500 (15.0) Magisk template.
    - APTX-enabler.zip is not a Magisk Module it's a recovery flashable zip, Description bellow.

should Works On All Oreo Roms.
    Requirement:
    -Root
    -Root file manager
    -Recovery (TWRP) for flashable Zip

A- Manual Installation:
    1- download & extract the zip attached. ( APTX-enabler)
    2- copy the files from System/vendor/lib64 folder to same place on your device, 0644 permission to both.
    2- copy the files from System/lib and System/lib64/ folders to same place on your device, 0644 permission to both.
    3- open build.prob in a text editor (or through the file manager) and add the following line at the end of it.
    Code:
    persist.bt.enableAptXHD=true
    persist.service.btui.use_aptx=1
    persistent.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aptx-aptXHD
    5- reboot

B- Flashable Zip Installation
    1- reboot to TWRP
    2- flash APTX-enabler.zip
    3- reboot

C-Magisk Module
    1- Download one of the 3 modules (discretion bellow)
    2- install through Magisk manager
    3- reboot
    Modules Description:
    A- aptX-HD_OreoEnablerOOS.zip , add the lib files only to System/vendor/lib64/ , some Roms like OOS Oreo Roms only require that for aptX to be enabled, it's not only for OOS other Roms use that too, if you don't know Use option C.
    B- aptX-HD_OreoEnabler2.zip , add the lib files to system/lib and system/lib64 only... some roms like Nitrogen doesn't require to add any Libs on the vender folder, if not sure also use Option C.
    C- aptX-HD_OreoEnabler.zip, this will add the lib files to ALL possible places, insuring that no matter what ROM you have aptX works...if you don't know which folder your ROM uses either ask the Rom Dev or use this option.

Old lib Files and modules can still be found on the following folder
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aJQiFlzFgQmDJb08QZ_NMLUc0eKqBPry

Credits to
    @Riku Azhurlar for initial flashable zip
    @simonsmh for the Initial Magisk Module
    @bmg1001 & @ossito2012 for initial aptx files
    OnePlus for Current aptX lib files
    Thanks to dev, I made a magisk module for you.
    source: https://github.com/simonsmh/magisk-aptX-patch
    Flashable Zip

@theduke7 heres a flashable zip for ya. since i was bored and had nothing better to do
    Please keep the files available. They may be useful on other phones.

I plan to try them on my Nexus 6, once I upgrade to Oreo.

ofcourse, i wont remove them, and i will update them with the ones from the current beta soon...
    AptX still not available on the stable version and on some custom Oreo roms, so i'll keep it here and update it as often as i can.
    Hello Everyone,

The latest beta of Android Oreo doesn't have AptX support like the previous bet a builds (because of compatibility Issue)
    It only plays on SBC, so until OnePlus brings it back, i found a work around but it requires ROOT.

The files provided, are from a Magisk module port to Nexus 6P ...thanks to @ossito2012 for providing the file

I appreciate the mention but I would like to say that I did no actual work, I merely tripped over it while looking for information about aptx in the XDA Forums, this dev named @bmg1001 hooked me up with zip file.

Remember you will need aptx capable BT headphones to see it switch from SBC to aptx. I would like to say I have a picky ear but there is not much improvement over SBC going to AptX, I think because the earbuds I have are cheap. The LDAC codec is much better but the Sony headphones that have that capability are crazy priced.