FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Heat

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,882

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 16th June 2016, 08:39 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the OnePlus 3 stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
20th June 2016, 03:32 PM |#2  
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 7,288

More
This phone does incredibly well with heat. Whereas other S820 devices I've used like the S7, G5, and 10 get noticeable, and uncomfortably hot after watching 10 minutes of video, the 1+3 gets barely warm. It's really really really good with heat!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to svetius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift svetius Ad-Free
20th June 2016, 04:57 PM |#3  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetius

This phone does incredibly well with heat. Whereas other S820 devices I've used like the S7, G5, and 10 get noticeable, and uncomfortably hot after watching 10 minutes of video, the 1+3 gets barely warm. It's really really really good with heat!

but my phone got warmer today when it was in pocket and i was not using it while I was in underground railway with mobile data and location turned on. Is my device should be reported to 1+3 care or to be exchanged!!
20th June 2016, 05:13 PM |#4  
Flag Kannur
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetius

Does your phone warm while charging it? Mine does, but I see some people saying it stays cold during charging.

And after some use of camera it does get hot on top of the screen and back. Is that normal?

And one game I tried, it got very warm, same with some minutes of camera. Same for you?
20th June 2016, 06:48 PM |#5  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edios123

Does your phone warm while charging it? Mine does, but I see some people saying it stays cold during charging.

And after some use of camera it does get hot on top of the screen and back. Is that normal?

And one game I tried, it got very warm, same with some minutes of camera. Same for you?

I don't own an OP3 yet (damn you shipping time ), but

I can tell you that those scenarios are perfectly normal, every phone heats up a lot when using camera, charging & gaming.

the people who said their phone stayed cool while charging probably werent quick charging with the dash charger
The Following User Says Thank You to PivotMasterNM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PivotMasterNM Ad-Free
20th June 2016, 06:52 PM |#6  
Flag Kannur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotMasterNM

I don't own an OP3 yet (damn you shipping time ), but

I can tell you that those scenarios are perfectly normal, every phone heats up a lot when using camera, charging & gaming.

the people who said their phone stayed cool while charging probably werent quick charging with the dash charger

It's a lot lot better than my 6P did. But I just wanted to be sure.

Let me know after you get the phone please.
20th June 2016, 06:55 PM |#7  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:

Let me know after you get the phone please.

It's going to take a loooong time unfortunately haha, they say it will arrive approx. 3rd July
The Following User Says Thank You to PivotMasterNM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PivotMasterNM Ad-Free
20th June 2016, 07:24 PM |#8  
Flag Kerala,India
Thanks Meter: 278

More
I have updated my phone to Oxygen 3.1.2. I have been experiencing heating issue around the camera area.

Temperature reading screenshots from CPU-Z have been attached.

23rd June 2016, 12:58 PM |#9  
Flag Kannur

More
My phone gets very hot if I use it while charging. Like to around 46-47C. Is this normal?
Very hot.
23rd June 2016, 02:24 PM |#10  
Flag Bolzano/Bozen
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:

My phone gets very hot if I use it while charging. Like to around 46-47C. Is this normal?
Very hot.

Around 45 it is normal i suppose.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiz92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tiz92 Ad-Free
24th June 2016, 07:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
I haven't felt mine hot at all. Even while quick charging on the dash charger. OnePlus finally got it right.

Sent From My OnePlus 3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)