FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Video quality

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,763

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 16th June 2016, 07:39 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Your friends are never going to believe what you did. The only way to prove it to them is with that video you took. Rate this thread to express how videos shot on the OnePlus 3 come out. A higher rating indicates that videos are smooth (and not choppy) and that auto-focus works very well, and that the camera adjusts quickly to different lighting conditions while recording.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
20th June 2016, 02:30 PM |#2  
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 7,204

More
Video quality is okay, nothing great. The stabilization could be better. I also don't like that there is no 1080p/60 option.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to svetius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift svetius Ad-Free
20th June 2016, 05:19 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetius

Video quality is okay, nothing great. The stabilization could be better. I also don't like that there is no 1080p/60 option.

You got any sample? And i think none of the latest flagships support 1080p60fps, dont know why
The Following User Says Thank You to feis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift feis Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 08:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Techradar said you can record 1080p 60fps with other camera app, like open camera.

Anyone can test it?

Thanks
22nd June 2016, 08:46 AM |#5  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 875

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelvarela

Techradar said you can record 1080p 60fps with other camera app, like open camera.

Anyone can test it?

Thanks

I gave open camera a shot and set it to 60fps, it doesn't actually do it, sadly enough. I've tried it both at the default bitrate (~20) and forced it to 5 mbit, both on the old api and the new camera2 api, nothing.

I'm not entirely certain what OP's reasoning behind no 60fps recording is anyway, I hope they'll add it in an update since AFAIK there's no hardware limitations which wouldn't allow it.
22nd June 2016, 10:09 AM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny

I gave open camera a shot and set it to 60fps, it doesn't actually do it, sadly enough. I've tried it both at the default bitrate (~20) and forced it to 5 mbit, both on the old api and the new camera2 api, nothing.

I'm not entirely certain what OP's reasoning behind no 60fps recording is anyway, I hope they'll add it in an update since AFAIK there's no hardware limitations which wouldn't allow it.

Htc 10, lg g5, htc 10, nexus 6p, xiaomi mi 5, none of these offer 60fps. Actually i think of all recent flagships only s7 is capable, i dont know reasons behind this decision of oems
22nd June 2016, 10:55 AM |#7  

More
I have an old hardware Zuk Z1 (snapdragon 801, same hardware as oneplus one) and it CAN record great quality 1080p 60fps.

With my Zuk I have low cost phone with great battery, very good responsive, customizable software, and a video resolution I CAN'T GET WITH NEW 2016 FLAGSHIPS.

incomprehensible.

Specially because that is the only reason I don't renew my phone.

But I would be happy to buy oneplus 3 of they add full HD 60fps non slowmotion video recording.

Hope they add it.
22nd June 2016, 10:55 AM |#8  
Flag Karlsruhe
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Anyone can test Video Recording in a really Loud environment?
Like for example a Rave or Concert?
Since the OPO, OP2 and the OPX all had serious issues with audio clipping on such occasions im very curious if OnePlus finally fixed this issue in theyre newest phone
22nd June 2016, 10:56 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0_D0g

Since the OPO, OP2 and the OPX all had serious issues with audio clipping on such occasions im very curious if OnePlus finally fixed this issue in theyre newest phone

Interested too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abelvarela For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abelvarela Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 11:41 AM |#10  
Flag Itzehoe
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0_D0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelvarela

Interested too

I'll be at the AirbeatOne festival soon , and record some videos, will report back then
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crysen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crysen Ad-Free
25th June 2016, 09:42 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4,386

Donate to Me
More
I can record 1080p60 on blisspop

Demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcn2lg9kni...32718.mp4?dl=0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)