Achievement Unlocked: Featured on XDA
Thanks a million!
- Google Lens in Google Photos (Not in the Assistant)
- Pixel-exclusive apps in the Play Store (namely, Pixel Launcher)
- Pixel-exclusive wallpaper categories (Underwater, etc.)
- You tell me
According to @thecoolkid, photo backup settings will stay the same, and you won't get unlimited photos unless you're uploading in "high quality", which will compress them. Basically, although it claims unlimited photos, it'll just be the setting you had before.
1. Flash the zip, and Google Lens should magically appear (I didn't even need to clear Google Photos' app data)
2. Enjoy Google Lens (Only inside Google Photos, not in the Assistant itself - more info here)!
Uninstalling Google Lens?
You can revert the functionality of this zip and effectively uninstall Google Lens by deleting the following files:
/system/etc/sysconfig/nexus.xml /system/etc/sysconfig/pixel_2017_exclusive.xml /system/etc/sysconfig/pixel_2017.xml
Small example screenrecording, watch here
I personally haven't tested this, but you can go check it out here. (Thanks to @Flint2)
Mirrors: My server / AndroidFileHost