Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][PORT][N]aptX codec

578 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,572

Post Reply Email Thread
19th December 2016, 08:25 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 348

More
This works and the quality is really better. Of coarse, if you listen to MP3 128kbit junk, you won't hear any difference, but with high quality 320 MP3 and flacs, you notice this. Check out the lower frequency (HD bass ) you will hear a difference for sure.

Tested on QY7 sport in-ears.

19th December 2016, 10:15 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg

My point was that the arise users don't need to flash this (it may lead to some issues maybe, because of the different aptX codecs in the system). Anyway, I'm almost sure that aptXHD is backward compatible with the aptX and it picks the right codec depending on the paired device, so your idea to make another zip with the HD libs is good and if it works on aptX(without HD) device you can abandon your first one

P.s. - For some strange reason arise write different logd binary and now my logcat isn't working even after manually replace it with the stock one... So I can't see if the HD one work on my aptX earphones (no difference in the sound with your zip that I've tested before that, so it might work).

If you need I can extract them from the zip to test them too?

Arise is using different stack... This stack is first that I've found... As far as I know, it's Qualcomm method, after they bought CSR.... Arise is using earlier method, that manufacturers are using before Qualcomm... And as I said earlier, if somebody has apt-hd capable stuff, i'll put the library that "should" work with this stack...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dh.harald For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dh.harald Ad-Free
19th December 2016, 10:33 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 5,695

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harald

Arise is using different stack... This stack is first that I've found... As far as I know, it's Qualcomm method, after they bought CSR.... Arise is using earlier method, that manufacturers are using before Qualcomm... And as I said earlier, if somebody has apt-hd capable stuff, i'll put the library that "should" work with this stack...

Ok mate, you know better, I'm just trying to help if I can My post was based on the libraries names, the only difference is that the one in arise is named HD, both of them are android21(if it's sdk they both are based on android 5.0) and I thought that they are just taken from different devices. I'm using arise for first time (since I can't get V4A to work without all this s***), so I don't know how often they update the libraries and I everything that you've said is new for me
I don't have aptXHD device, so I can't help you in testing.
19th December 2016, 11:33 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 430

More
Any chance on getting this for CM13 ROMs?
20th December 2016, 02:04 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupifier

Any chance on getting this for CM13 ROMs?

You can try replace system/bt to cm14.1 one... Maybe the bluetooth app as well... It could work, but that's not 100%... I suggest to use cm14.1
The Following User Says Thank You to dh.harald For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dh.harald Ad-Free
20th December 2016, 06:59 AM |#26  
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 14

More
bta_av_api_register aptx not available
bta_av_api_register enableAptXHD property is not set
bta_av_api_register aptX-HD not available

Would love to help get this working if there is anything more you need!
OnePlus 3 - Official RRemix 7.1.1

I have plenty of AptX capable headphones
NO AptX HD unfortunately.

Edit: I tested this on my Oneplus 2 for fun and it in fact selects aptX for the codec
I am curious as to how many devices this potentially could affect!
Loving this
20th December 2016, 09:53 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg

Ok mate, you know better, I'm just trying to help if I can My post was based on the libraries names, the only difference is that the one in arise is named HD, both of them are android21(if it's sdk they both are based on android 5.0) and I thought that they are just taken from different devices. I'm using arise for first time (since I can't get V4A to work without all this s***), so I don't know how often they update the libraries and I everything that you've said is new for me
I don't have aptXHD device, so I can't help you in testing.

I'm only guessing... I was working this on a couple months, I've investigated a lot of solutions... I saw at least 3 or 4 different solution to make aptX working. Like I said, the good news is, that we have the source for library loading, so we could implement it to a lot of phones This is the best solution that we could imagine...
The Following User Says Thank You to dh.harald For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dh.harald Ad-Free
20th December 2016, 09:57 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekeet

bta_av_api_register aptx not available
bta_av_api_register enableAptXHD property is not set
bta_av_api_register aptX-HD not available

Would love to help get this working if there is anything more you need!
OnePlus 3 - Official RRemix 7.1.1

I have plenty of AptX capable headphones
NO AptX HD unfortunately.

Edit: I tested this on my Oneplus 2 for fun and it in fact selects aptX for the codec
I am curious as to how many devices this potentially could affect!
Loving this

For aptX HD, you need to set this property is well:
persist.bt.enableAptXHD

I've attached the aptxHD library from LGv20 (gzipped, just gunzip it and put it into /system/vendor/lib), but like I said, I don't know, is it working or not, because I've no aptX HD headset...

I've a theory, that this implementation is a software solution... Maybe it could use the HW for it, but eventually it could work without hw acceleration, if your handset have enough power for it... Therefore I think (I'm guessing) we could use this in every CM14.x based arm devices...
Attached Files
File Type: gz libaptXHD-1.0.0-rel-Android21-ARMv7A.so.gz - [Click for QR Code] (10.4 KB, 214 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dh.harald For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dh.harald Ad-Free
20th December 2016, 10:46 AM |#29  
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Aptx is a go! Just noticed the APTX zip wasn't flashing properly!
Logs are now pointing that the codec is being used and so far testing music is going great!
Doing A/B tests with my HTC 10 and OnePlus 3. So far things sound great
Both sound better than my iPhone 6 and that is a cut sign that things are working
I am really excited by this development!
Thank you for your work and I hope things just keep moving forward!
20th December 2016, 03:02 PM |#30  
Thanks for your work!

I'm testing this on a Nexus 6P but I am not able to write to the vendor folder/partition. I have tested different file managers and also the file manager in TWRP. Any ideas?
20th December 2016, 03:51 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dape16

Thanks for your work!

I'm testing this on a Nexus 6P but I am not able to write to the vendor folder/partition. I have tested different file managers and also the file manager in TWRP. Any ideas?

EDIT
Eventually you could put this libraries everywhere, that's in the library path... So try to put them into /system/lib.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)