[PORT][V.8] OxygenOS Stock Camera and Gallery Port

Search This thread

GTRanushka

Mar 11, 2014
Kandy
You can judge the quality for yourself, but it's definitely not that bad as on your pics and it's even taken on less light.
Have you taken this photo enabling HQ mode on OOS camera? Or on default mode? Please try a HQ on and off comparison on OOS camera. When HQ is on shutter speed go down and shutter iso levels go down but looks like denoise is not happening. Which resulted in more noisy photo than HQ off default photos.

Reactions: xanthrax

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
What problem there is to extract original OOS Camera app (without any changes) and implement every OOS feature related to camera to custom rom?

@markusviktorius
This port has worse photo quality than Sultan's app, but video stability is better while moving.
Well if you have contacts in oneplus and someone leak the code for you then there is no problem, but now everything is closed source and can't be implemented. I believe that the rest of the not wrong features are implemented in the framework.

Is this right concerning camera quality:
1: OOS
2: This Port
3. Sultan
4. The rest
?

I can't see any difference between this port and OOS.. I'm on latest ZenityRR with Multirom and got it on second rom.. In normal mode or HDR mode there is litterly no difference, just the HQ mode is worse on RR..
Don't know if zenixxx did some picture improvement under the hood but for me the picture quality is the same as OOS (beside the HQ mode)

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
Have you taken this photo enabling HQ mode on OOS camera? Or on default mode? Please try a HQ on and off comparison on OOS camera. When HQ is on shutter speed go down and shutter iso levels go down but looks like denoise is not happening. Which resulted in more noisy photo than HQ off default photos.
Yep, as you've said HQ on oos and normal on Snap.

GTRanushka

Mar 11, 2014
Kandy
Yep, as you've said HQ on oos and normal on Snap.
How so? :eek: I tried two different LOS roms with your port. I get decent photos with normal mode on ported camera. But grainy photos when HQ mode is on. :confused: i didn't want to flash HAL 1 enabler since i got HQ and HDR mode default with camera apk.
Do you have any idea what's wrong in this case?
Thank you in advance. :highfive:
HDR seems fine tho.

sys01

Apr 18, 2014
Fermignano
@siankatabg thanks for the fantastic camera port! It's working also on Mi5 with LOS, only slow motion is not working ^^
Gallery isnt working tho, it detect that im not on OnePlus3 (build.prop related maybe?) saying that i need to install official software (?)

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
@siankatabgany idea why oos cam fails to record video on aosip with omni7 hal1 enabler?
I need to see the device tree and the vendor files used for it, or to flash it, but that won't happen soon(I mean the flashing, I'll take a look when I have some free time).
@siankatabg thanks for the fantastic camera port! It's working also on Mi5 with LOS, only slow motion is not working ^^
Gallery isnt working tho, it detect that im not on OnePlus3 (build.prop related maybe?) saying that i need to install official software (?)
Yep, I already removed this check, I need to upload the new app :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Potato997

cloudx720

Oct 12, 2013
Getting 1080p60fps to work is going to require proper blobs/code from oneplus to be released IMO. Other wise it's never ever going to work 100% just my 2 cents.

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
Getting 1080p60fps to work is going to require proper blobs/code from oneplus to be released IMO. Other wise it's never ever going to work 100% just my 2 cents.
Actually you might be right, because I already got different app to take full 1080/60 on custom rom and it seems that oos is using another custom implementation for this too.

How so? :eek: I tried two different LOS roms with your port. I get decent photos with normal mode on ported camera. But grainy photos when HQ mode is on. :confused: i didn't want to flash HAL 1 enabler since i got HQ and HDR mode default with camera apk.
Do you have any idea what's wrong in this case?
Thank you in advance. :highfive:
HDR seems fine tho.
If you use LOS, better check if it really is useing the hal1(I explained how few pages back). But even if it's already on it and you flash the enabler, it will not make a harm.

And I'm not on los anymore, but on different rom that I bringed up for myself and I'm using the same blobs and stuffs, so should not be different for you.

Last edited:

Rajeev

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
I need to see the device tree and the vendor files used for it, or to flash it, but that won't happen soon(I mean the flashing, I'll take a look when I have some free time).

Yep, I already removed this check, I need to upload the new app :)

Hi

Any advice on the attached image? I am on AOSIP latest. Tried to install Google Camera. Its force closing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170224-181247.png
    Screenshot_20170224-181247.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 394

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
Have you tried everything imaginable to get it to work? On custom ROMs it just plays the video really fast lol.
Well idk, I've tried everything that I can think of that might help, but still no improvement. It takes 40 to 42-3 fps, but that's all.

Hi

Any advice on the attached image? I am on AOSIP latest. Tried to install Google Camera. Its force closing.
As the terminal says, you need to add a value(as second argument). "0" is hal1, "1" is hal3. But if the Gcam is FC, most probably you are already on hal1. You can use "getprop "prop you want to check"" to see the current value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squabl and Rajeev

Rajeev

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Your command seems right, just add "0" at the end(I'm on the phone so writing commands is not easy :D)

Thanks for ur time bro. Tried with 0 and 1 but still GCam force closing..Anyway don't wish to disturb u more... :rolleyes:

EDIT

Its working. Its my fault. One last question. Using ur V5 camera port too. For getting that "processing" text for HDR and HQ mod do I need to flash HAL1 enabler zip from OP? Because now I am not getting the "processing" blah blah text after taking photo using HDR or HQ with ur port..

Last edited:
Reactions: siankatabg

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
Thanks for ur time bro. Tried with 0 and 1 but still GCam force closing..Anyway don't wish to disturb u more... :rolleyes:

EDIT

Its working. Its my fault. One last question. Using ur V5 camera port too. For getting that "processing" text for HDR and HQ mod do I need to flash HAL1 enabler zip from OP? Because now I am not getting the "processing" blah blah text after taking photo using HDR or HQ with ur port..
Erm, I'm not sure, if you have them, everything should be all right, but you need to get the processing dialogue. Try wiping the data of the app first, but as I said flashing the enabler can't do harm, so to be on the safe side flash it too :)

Reactions: Rajeev

VincentJoshuaET

Jun 5, 2016
Angat
I've read that sultanxda's ROM's camera quality is almost stock like. How could he achieve that? Is this port basically the same as what he does?

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys.

After months of working and learning, finally I have some success of porting the stock OxygenOS camera and something to release.

FOR MARSHMALLOW :

Working list:
    aHDR
    HDR
    HQ
    Manual
    Video
    Slow Motion - work, but not like it should
    Time-lapse
    Front camera Beauty Mode

Not working list:
    RAW/DNG - Don't turn it on. YOU CAN GET DNG SHOOTS WITH 3-RD PARTY APPS
    Smile capture - Just doesn't want to take pictures

Changelog:
    v.3.0 BETA
    - Rebased frameworks - This fix the errors on the latest nightly
    - Fixed Front Camera Beauty Mode
    - Added more needed libraries
    - Fixed Theme error in OPCamera app(we don't use oos themes,right?)
    - RR Original support temporary stopped, because I don't have time now to test and port it, sorry
    - Added a STABLE build for the latest CM13 Snapshot and BJRR Stable builds
    - Support NucleaROM

v.2.0 BETA
    - Fully ported OxygenOS 3.5CB camera framework
    - Apps updated to those from OOS 3.5CB(they are same version, but they have some changes I think)
    - Some libraries updated to OOS 3.5CB
    - Some more libraries and binaries traced and added
    - Added versions for Ressurection Remix OFFICIAL and BLACKJUBEL - Thx to @ZeNiXxX
    - 3-rd party Camera2 app should work now without problems
    - All the supported roms are merged in one flashable.zip
    - Should fix the CM problem with the hal1 apps
    - Maybe more that I will add later...

v.1.0 BETA
    - Initial release

Installation:
    First and maybe the most important thing is to make a backup of your current rom.
    Clean flash of your rom is recommended, because this is a really deep port and you may have problems with some adds and mods.
    Flash the BASE zip and right after that flash the FRAMEWORK zip intended for your rom(do not reboot between them)

Download:
    BASE ZIP:
    OxygenOS_Camera_Port_v3_0 _BASE

FRAMEWORKS:
    OxygenOS_Camera_Port_V3_FRAMEWORKS

FOR NOUGAT:

Nougat changelog:
    V8 Gallery
    - App updated to the one from OB13 with many added features
    - Initial test for arm based devices (32bit) - UNTESTED

V8 Camera
    - App updated to the one from OB13
    - aHDR unblocked

V5.1 Gallery
    - Fixed the error "Update, blablabla" that prevented the gallery app to be used on other devices

V5 Camera
    - Apps and libraries updated to those from 4.0.3
    - Everything else from the previous builds is included

V4.1 Camera (Gallery soon)
    - Camera app updated to that from 4.0.2
    - Cleaned from unsupported things and errors(again...)
    - aHDR mode removed since it's not working
    - libraries updated
    - As bonus with the new app there is "STILL_DENOICE" mode(filter) on the normal mode(HDR/HQ off)
    Maybe I forgot something, but...

V3.1 Camera
    - Fixed panorama mode

V3 Camera/Gallery
    - Go here

V2 Camera/Gallery
    - Fixed video recording

Installation:
    Install as normal apps.
    Using both apps is recommended, but it's not mandatory.

Download:
    OxygenOS_Camera_Port-NOUGAT

ATTENTION:
    If there is no HDR/HQ buttons in the app and you don't get "processing" dialog when taking picture, you will need to use the Camera HAL1 Enabler to fix this.
    1. Download the Camera HAL1 Enabler suited for your rom listed below.
    2. Flash it in your recovery.
    3. Reboot in to the system and clear the camera app data.
    4. If you have done everything correctly, you should now have HQ/HDR buttons in the app.
    HAL1 Enabler for LOS(and based on it): LineageOS
    HAL1 Enabler for omni 7/AOSiP/DU : omni 7 Credits to @ieatyoshis for moding and testing it

If you like my work and you think that I deserve, buy me a beer or just click the Thanks button. I will appreciate it :)

Please, do not mirror my work and don't use it in your roms for now, I want feedback so I can try to fix everything. If you want to share it, please give a link to this thread.

Some good news before Christmas?
    Current situation in my initial test:
    Camera:
    Manual HDR and HQ seems to work fine.
    aHDR most probably isn't working, but the option is there.
    The hidden super photo (on auto mode) that takes 3 frames is working too.
    Video:
    All modes seems to work right, however 60fps takes only 40fps(I'm almost sure this is due to the cm media stack)
    EIS is working too.
    Manual:
    Manual mode is fully working.
    Slow motion:
    Fully working and taking 120fps video.
    Time lapse:
    Not tested.
    RAW:
    Not working, the option is not even there.
    Front camera:
    Beauty mode FC(I think I know how to fix it).
    Smile capture button is not presented (due to the missing framework).

Maybe I've missed something, but for now it seems good for me :)

New update for Nougat is here guys :)

Apps are updated to the latest ones from OpenBeta9 and they were tested on CM14.1 using the updated blobs from N that are not merged in the official builds(they are dead, but...). However the camera HAL in the two builds are the same, so there is a good chance that they will work the same way on any N build. You can find builds with updated blobs from N pretty easy.

The apps are cleaned from things that are not supported on non-OxygenOS roms, all the needed libs are baked in them and they are now properly signed and you will not get strange messages during the installation.

Using both apps is recommended, but it's not mandatory.

For working/not working list you can see the quoted post and I've already said what changes I did, so you can find them here:

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=121579

Install them as normal apps.

Merry xmas :)
    Updated apps are uploaded!

Changelog:

V8 Gallery
    - App updated to the one from OB13 with many added features

V8 Camera
    - App updated to the one from OB13
    - aHDR unblocked

Please, test and report back. Have fun :)
    Hello again guys :)

Guess what I did today? Yes, I ported the whole camera framework ^^ This took me another 5 days... but I'm impressed by myself :D I didn't think I could do it...

However, the visible improvements are working aHDR(yes, there is a HDR badge at the bottom when it decide that it's needed), working 3rd party apps with camera2 support and maybe better pictures, because of the missing callback's, but I get it to work few hours ago, so the quality is still not tested. I traced few more libraries, that are somehow connected with the main ones, but i don't know if we need them(they not affect the system, so I will add them :) ).

Still not working list:

Back cam:
    DNG/RAW images - Another s**** implementation I guess with maybe some more checks and so on... IT WORKS WITH 3rd party apps(tested with SnapHDR camera(trial)).

Front cam:
    Now we have button for smile capture, but it don't want to take pictures and I don't know why. In the logs it says that there is a face and it waits for smile, but nothing more...
    Beauty mode - FC. Maybe some missing libraries, because it doesn't want to get initialised.

Stay tuned, there will be a new big build these days :)
    Hello guys :)

I think it's time for me to update this thread since yesterday was my last working day for this year :) And christmass is coming! So my plans are to release a final update for MM and update the N apps with the latest ones from OpenBeta.

As you know I can't flash all the roms out there to get the framework.jar so I'll need your help with this. Please send me on PM this file with the rom version and date and I'll patch it and upload it tomorrow. If I have time after all that I'll try one more time to port the nougat framework, so wish me luck and please send me the framework.jar from your favourite rom that you are using :)

Thanks.