Anyone here not using a screen protector?

Are you using a screen protector with your Oneplus 3/3T?

• Yes

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 69.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

T.K.B

Sep 9, 2009
Dhaka
As the question in title goes, how many of you here are not using a screen protector on your Oneplus 3/3T? What's your experience so far without one? Any good or bad?

As for me, after going through probably a dozen of screen protectors (both TGSP and films), I have decided that it's time I should just not bother with screen protectors anymore, since none of them provide a good/smooth experience as compared to the beautiful naked screen

What are your thoughts? Vote in the poll, and leave your comments folks! :)

Reactions: mayurppataskar

weakenfalls01

Sep 19, 2015
As the question in title goes, how many of you here are not using a screen protector on your Oneplus 3/3T? What's your experience so far without one? Any good or bad?

As for me, after going through probably a dozen of screen protectors (both TGSP and films), I have decided that it's time I should just not bother with screen protectors anymore, since none of them provide a good/smooth experience as compared to the beautiful naked screen

Ozyl 2.5 works pretty good except for a few rainbows effect at times.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: T.K.B

Jackhass

Sep 5, 2015
I felt exactly the same when I bought my 3T, I'm using it without any screen protector. Now it has been 5 months since I got it and it's in perfect condition, no scratch at all, etc. The screen can for sure handle some coins or keys in a pocket without any protection.

Reactions: zanoli99 and T.K.B

T.K.B

Sep 9, 2009
Dhaka
I felt exactly the same when I bought my 3T, I'm using it without any screen protector. Now it has been 5 months since I got it and it's in perfect condition, no scratch at all, etc. The screen can for sure handle some coins or keys in a pocket without any protection.

My phone pocket is always dedicated for my phone only, never keep anything else like keys/coins with it anyways :p

Been using mine without a screen protector for around 5 months now. Not a single scratch.
I didn't like how bouncy the original screen guard was so i replaced it with a curved, full cover one. But i didn't like the dotmatrix bull**** so i got rid of it.

I actually don't need a screen guard or a case since i almost never drop anything.

EDIT: I also don't put anything other than my phone and maybe tissues in my pocket.

fraughtsigewulf

Nov 11, 2012
Los Angeles
OnePlus 9
I used the Orzly Screen protector for about Two weeks in December when I first got the phone. Hated it so threw it away and went without one ever since. I use a Spigen Rugged Armor case and that is it. No nicks or scratches so far. I keep it in a pocket by itself all of the time. I remember dropping it twice but it landed on the corners both times and didn't even damage the case..

Last edited:

syntesys

Oct 11, 2011
Cagliari
I tried Orzly V2 but the rainbow effect in the screen was a s**t... So, i tried the rhinoshield: id does not cover all the screen (1 millimeter on the left and 1 mm on the right) but for the moment is the best protector I've ever seen.

crash_194

Mar 27, 2008
I've been using my phone without a screen protector since I've had it and the only way you can see any tiny little surface scratches is with a head torch on and scrutinising the screen surface. As another member has mentioned, I have been using just a Spigen rugged armour case and that's it. The screen won't get badly scratched if you are careful enough, I'll happily accept some light scratches just as part of the wear and tear process.

I have from today started trying an orzly glass screen protector purely because I have fitted a new phone holder bag thing to my road bike and I feel I mike get scratches on the screen through taking it in and out. The orzly isn't bad, especially for the money, but I can see why people don't like it.

OcazPrime

Mar 30, 2016
Once a screen protector shows its first bubble i remove it. Annoying otherwise. Screen protectors are just worthless to me. Dont expose your phone screen to anything other than your pocket or finger. Get a case with a lip lift so settings your phone down sets it on its case not the screen. Screen protectors are mostly plastic anyway so you get that nasty plastic feel aside from the feel of a touchscreen panel. The feel of using a touchscreen alone is enough to not want the screen protector for me.

Reactions: kazona and T.K.B

T.K.B

Sep 9, 2009
Dhaka
Once a screen protector shows its first bubble i remove it. Annoying otherwise. Screen protectors are just worthless to me. Dont expose your phone screen to anything other than your pocket or finger. Get a case with a lip lift so settings your phone down sets it on its case not the screen. Screen protectors are mostly plastic anyway so you get that nasty plastic feel aside from the feel of a touchscreen panel. The feel of using a touchscreen alone is enough to not want the screen protector for me.

Truly spoke my mind there :good: Curved screen nowadays don't deserve to be ruined with screen protectors

OcazPrime

Mar 30, 2016
Truly spoke my mind there :good: Curved screen nowadays don't deserve to be ruined with screen protectors

Glad i could help. Last time i used a screen protector it was ruined rifht when i put it on. The reason gorilla Glass exists is to prevents scuff and scratches. Screen protectors give it unnecessary help. Its already protecting against shattering and scratches. If you are scratching the screen with normal use then cut your fingernails. Or take the acrylics off, theyre ridiculous anyway.

Navi44

Jul 15, 2015
I'm without any screen protector as well.
As mentioned the only scratches I see are those tiny ones which can be only seen under direct sunlight or under torch and on specific angle.
My heart stopped one day when I dropped my phone straight onto marble, was already searching for rs10000 but the screen fell flat and absorbed the impact, there was not even a scratch on the screen.
Been using from a month without screen protector or back cover, just a skin.
Going pretty well till now, specially when you put sky blue wallpaper with naked screen it shines quite unique.
Maybe you could try.

T.K.B

Sep 9, 2009
Dhaka
I'm without any screen protector as well.
As mentioned the only scratches I see are those tiny ones which can be only seen under direct sunlight or under torch and on specific angle.
My heart stopped one day when I dropped my phone straight onto marble, was already searching for rs10000 but the screen fell flat and absorbed the impact, there was not even a scratch on the screen.
Been using from a month without screen protector or back cover, just a skin.
Going pretty well till now, specially when you put sky blue wallpaper with naked screen it shines quite unique.
Maybe you could try.

My goodness!! That's probably the strongest phone screen survival from a fall I have ever heard of! :eek: Lucky you indeed

Ahh, I'll take note of the sky blue wallpaper for when I change my wp next time. Cheers :D

Navi44

Jul 15, 2015
My goodness!! That's probably the strongest phone screen survival from a fall I have ever heard of! :eek: Lucky you indeed

Ahh, I'll take note of the sky blue wallpaper for when I change my wp next time. Cheers :D
Actually it fell exactly parallel to the floor, if it was tilted even a few degrees, screen would have cracked.
Yeah lucky me :D

alukarulz

Aug 15, 2014
San Francisco
I use mine without a screen protector and case. I use a dbrand skin black/red to cover the back and not get a y scratches. For the screen it doesn't have a scratch since I got it. Whenever I put a screen protector or tempered glass, the screen gets blurry and/or not clear.

T.K.B

Sep 9, 2009
Dhaka
I use mine without a screen protector and case. I use a dbrand skin black/red to cover the back and not get a y scratches. For the screen it doesn't have a scratch since I got it. Whenever I put a screen protector or tempered glass, the screen gets blurry and/or not clear.

Yup, I know. And the screen just does not feel right with a screen protector on!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ozyl 2.5 works pretty good except for a few rainbows effect at times.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk