some of you know me from the other OnePlus or Samsung devices areas, where I provide my kernels already for more than three years to OnePlus 3, 2, one and X, Galaxy S5, S3 and Note 10.1 users for all sort of platforms (Samsung, Cyanogenmod, Omnirom etc.)
I am not heading to have as many features as possible implemented, this is not my design goal. If you are more into that, move on to other, good existing kernels. If you are searching for a good mix of improvements and new functions while not sacrificing stability, you are welcome here (see below the history section for more info).
Important: This kernel is only meant to be compatible with official OnePlus OOS and nothing else.
So when the kernel does not run on custom rom XYZ, do not even bother me with it or ask hundred times in the thread for compatibility.
I could not care less about it !!
To add: An open beta (aka community build) is NOT an official build supported here. If you use a community build and have issues, don't complain or even report. I am not merging any kernel changes from open betas into my kernels !!
When using new anykernel concept Boeffla-Kernel: Flash stock kernel of rom first !
This kernel is ONLY compatible to OxygenOs stock, nothing else !!!
If you are using a custom rom that bases on OxygenOs, it might work. However, if it does not work, do not expect me to do tweak to make the kernel running with your favorite rom. I would not do it - my one and only reference is OxygenOs stock.
It is not supposed to be compatible to CM, HydrogenOS etc.
Also note: You have to use Boeffla-Config app which I provide on my homepage to tweak the kernel. 3rd party apps will not be able to unleash the full power of the kernel.
Read the install instructions in the support section on the Boeffla Site.
First read the FAQ section on the Homepage !!!
Click here to learn about all possible kernel settings in the config app (outdated at the moment).
Click here to learn about using the config app (outdated at the moment).
I will refuse to give support if you do any undervolting/overclocking and experience freezes or hot reboots.
I will also not provide any support if you do not use Boeffla-Config app to tweak the kernel, other 3rd party tweaking apps are known (and intended) to cause issues.
I will refuse to give support if you have xposed framework installed and reporting any kind of weird issues. My opinion to xposed it quite clear: too powerful for >90% of the users that just mess up their system with it.
Otherwise, you can get in touch with me via the support e-mail address: [email protected]
Please provide kernel version, rom version, a detailed issue description and ideally supporting screenshots or log files.
(you can also access them directly in Boeffla-Config V2 by pressing menu and selecting "change log...")
Change log for OxygenOS 4.x.x kernel - Click here
Change log for OxygenOS 3.x.x kernel - Click here
- Note: This kernel only runs on OOS 3.x.x for the OnePlus 3T - nothing else !!!
- Support of anykernel concept (only latest kernels) - flash stock kernel before flashing Boeffla
- Full integration with Boeffla-Config V2 (you need at least version 2.4.21 or higher !!!) configuration app (get it from http://www.boeffla.de) to configure all kernel settings
- Dash charging fully supported
- The two CPU clusters (big and little cpu) can be configured completely separate in terms of min/max frequencies, governors and CPU core profiles
- Additional governors: Impulse, zzmoove, elementalx, conservative, ondemand, blu_active
- Additional schedulers: fiops, bfq, sio, sioplus, fifo, vr, tripndroid, zen, maple
- No CPU overclocking and voltage interface, no GPU overclocking and voltage interface
- USB charge rate bumped up to 900 mA
- Boeffla charge analysis (display of charger type and charge current in Boeffla-Config app in real time)
- Boeffla touchkey LED control (LEDs fully off, LED on screen touch, configurable duration)
- CPU core profiles to restrict number of CPU cores being used (the OP3 does not hotplug based on load)
- Notification LED control (effect + speed for blinking/fading, brightness for continuous notification like battery charging etc.)
- Boeffla-Sound engine: Headphone volume and speaker volume (only lowering volumes for speaker)
- Dynamic FSync (activated if screen on, deactived if screen off), configurable
- Input boost frequencies and duration configurable per CPU cluster, input boost switch
- Show CPU frequency usage per CPU and frequency in Boeffla-Config
- Show GPU frequency usage per frequency in Boeffla-Config
- KCal V2 Color control
- Display backlight limits configurable (to avoid display brightness gets too low in some situations)
- Display backlight dimmer
- Swipe2wake gestures
- Control haptic feedback of gestures (except fingerprint)
- Haptic feedback intensity control
- Swipe2sleep gestures
- Boeffla generic wakelock blocker V1.1.0 (documentation)
- SD card read ahead buffer configurable (default increased to 1024 kB)
- Ext4 File system tweaks (only when data volume is formated with ext4, stock default is f2fs)
- Kernel logger (dmesg) configurable
- CIFS support (module, do not mount inside /data, if you rooted with Chainfire SuperSu, make sure you uncheck the namespace separation in SuperSu app)
- NFS support (module)
- NTFS support (module)
- XBox support (module)
- OTG-Ethernet support (module)
- TCP Congestion changed to Westwood
- Many additional TCP congestion algorithms available
- Entropy values configurable
- Hardware touch keys are locked as long as screen is in use (touched) for better usability
- Swap supported
- Doze mode switchable
- Verifiedbootstage flag remove to avoid triggering safetynet
- Various minor kernel tweaks
- Doze mode configurable in Boeffla-Config
- Full selinux strict support (switchable to permissive on demand)
- Show speedbin information (PVS level) in Boeffla-Config app
- init.d support (in /system/etc/init.d - set correct permissions!)
- Entropies configurable
- Automatic EFS backup
- Integrated full busybox 1.27.2 (own compilation)
- Kernel initialisation log file (with history of 3 log files)
- Emergency reset script automatically placed into /boeffla-kernel-data folder of your internal memory
- Security patches included, which are not in the official repo
- Google gcc 4.9 toolchain (64 bit) used for best stability
- Always based on latest OOS kernel sources (https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/androi...neplus_msm8996)
For all information and downloads (stable AND testing versions), visit the Boeffla-Kernel homepage:
History and design targets
Basically I created my first Boeffla-Kernel in 2012 as there was no kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S3 around that had exactly the mix of functionalities that I wanted. I wanted to have full flexibility in undervolting and charge rates for instance, but did not like the sharpness and/or brightness tweaks many kernels have implemented as per default.
Hence, I began to create my own kernel after a while, adding all the features I like. This is the result of my work, which in the end I decided to share with you. I hope you like it as much as I do.
The objective of this kernel is to have a kernel for daily use. It does not aim for best battery life, or best smoothness or best benchmark scores. Also it does not aim to have the broadest feature set available everywhere.
It aims more for a good mix of all, not sacrificing stability and functionality in the end.
And - most important: It aims to stay quite close to stock !!!
These design targets are also valid for the OnePlus kernel here!!!
This said, I will definitely NEVER implement:
- things I do personally not need
- things I do not like
- things that are in any way dangerous
- anything which is highly experimental
- a CAF based kernel
- anything that requires upstreaming of kernel parts to a higher kernel major version
And: I do not really care about benchmark numbers, they say almost nothing as long as something is not completely wrong. Important for me is the feel-good factor.
I am also not interested in gaming at all, so never expect a gamer kernel. It will just not happen...
To reiterate it again: Flash the kernel only if you are running a compatible rom !!!
Configuration of the kernel
To tweak and configure the kernel, manually load and install the app "Boeffla-Config V2" from the downloads section on www.boeffla.de.
You need at least version 2.4.21 or higher for the OnePlus 3T Boeffla Kernels.
If you like my work, feel free to donate: Donation-Link
If you donate at least 2,49 EUR (to be in line with the donation app prices on Google Play store), you will receive a personal donation code which unlocks some nice little comfort functions in Boeffla-Config V2 on top.
All sources can be found in my Github repository: http://github.com/andip71
Credits to developers
Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:
... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
Thanks to all of you for your great work !!!
*** As always - Flash on our own risk! ***
Make sure you flash the correct version depending on your firmware version!
I can and will not take any responsibility for bricked phones or lost data.
It is generally recommended to run a complete Nandroid backup in your custom recovery and safely store your personal data before you flash a new kernel.
Cheers and enjoy